nem

db-r Customer Service

it got shipped and should be here tuesday very excited be my first real quailty amp

I did not have the same service from db-r unfortunately. I was looking to buy a used sundown amp that was fairly beat up on the heat sink but was fine other wise. Knowing that I'm going to install it where it will be visible I asked someone if they knew where to maybe price a heat sink. They said try db-r. Explained db-r is a authorized repair center for Sundown. I gave them a call and said I'm looking for a heat sink do you guys possibly have one? They guy asks, the amp works fine? I reply, yep heat sink looks like it was drug down a dirt road though. He said, I don't have heat sinks they come from Korea. Now at this point everything is fine. Except for his next comment. Man don't be an a..hole! It's just a heat sink, it has nothing to do with how the amp works. Did you just call me an a..hole, I replied? At this point he kind of chuckles and says loudly it's scratches! I replied no shit and hung up.

I called my buddy who as bought in total 4 amps from db-r and he was beside himself with what I told him. So anyway, it looks like I'm the lone a..hole who has had a bad experience with db-r.

Get it a..hole? Lol. I'm not bashing the guy just sharing my 2 mins. with him.

Edited by Urbs

I did not have the same service from db-r unfortunately. I was looking to buy a used sundown amp that was fairly beat up on the heat sink but was fine other wise. Knowing that I'm going to install it where it will be visible I asked someone if they knew where to maybe price a heat sink. They said try db-r. Explained db-r is a authorized repair center for Sundown. I gave them a call and said I'm looking for a heat sink do you guys possibly have one? They guy asks, the amp works fine? I reply, yep heat sink looks like it was drug down a dirt road though. He said, I don't have heat sinks they come from Korea. Now at this point everything is fine. Except for his next comment. Man don't be an a..hole! It's just a heat sink, it has nothing to do with how the amp works. Did you just call me an a..hole, I replied? At this point he kind of chuckles and says loudly it's scratches! I replied no shit and hung up.

I called my buddy who as bought in total 4 amps from db-r and he was beside himself with what I told him. So anyway, it looks like I'm the lone a..hole who has had a bad experience with db-r.

Based on my dealing with Chris, I would have never guessed he would have been like that with anybody. There maybe more to this situation?

Based on my dealing with Chris, I would have never guessed he would have been like that with anybody. There maybe more to this situation?

If you bought a B-stock amplifier from them... thats why... B-stock is all cosmetic.... all internal electronics are great.

I dont think he would go from "no, we dont have those" directly to "you're an a-hole." i think something is missing

I dont think he would go from "no, we dont have those" directly to "you're an a-hole." i think something is missing

You are correct before he called me an arseho I stated that was too bad I guess I'll pass on this amp then he made his comments. Look, I agree he may have had a bad day hell I do. I'm not reading anymore into this as that he feels strongly that scratched amps are ok. I only shared my one and only experience with db-r. I'm not lying or adliving any part of our brief conversation. And I will say this I will give him another chance to business with given the situation arises. Please don't turn this post into a bashing or I'm a lier post I simply shared my experience.

Just got my amp from db-r in the mail today and figured id post the feedback here instead of opening a new thread. I called chris at dbr about a refurbed SAX-1200d that Jaccob from sundown said he had just sent in and he was really nice and said he would put it up on the site for me to order (they were out of stock at that time so he put this one up so i could order it if that makes sense lol im explaining this badly). Anyway he was really nice and the amp was sent out pretty quickly. Overall im really happy with it. I havent powered it up yet but so far so good.

In my experience, Chris can have a bit of an attitude at time. But at the end of the day, I still think his Customer Service is top notch. I truly believe he conducts correct business practices, but sometimes he can get a little wrapped up in what he does. I doubt db-r is a full time job for him, but he acts like it is. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another product from him and have advised others to consider db-r when they consider buying Sundown Audio products

I can completely see Chris saying that, but that's just Chris. I have delt with him a LOT.... many many phone calls and that's just the way he talks. He wasn't trying to offend you or actually piss you off. Love it or hate it, that's just Chris. He is GREAT at what he does and I will continue to do business with him regardless of how he talks.

Just throwing in my opinion... I think he was just talking like usual.

Edited by holley2346

Just got my amp from db-r in the mail today and figured id post the feedback here instead of opening a new thread. I called chris at dbr about a refurbed SAX-1200d that Jaccob from sundown said he had just sent in and he was really nice and said he would put it up on the site for me to order (they were out of stock at that time so he put this one up so i could order it if that makes sense lol im explaining this badly). Anyway he was really nice and the amp was sent out pretty quickly. Overall im really happy with it. I havent powered it up yet but so far so good.

Nice to hear. Make sure you post us up some pictures.

Yea overall I'm really glad I went with db-r. You guys at ssa really love pics lol

sax1200d.jpg

sax1200d3.jpg

sax1200d2.jpg

sorry for the quality i just did it with my blackberry and im no photographer lol

mmmmm i remember when my package from db-r came :wub:

X2!!!! Great service from Dbr!!!!

I'm waiting on a saz 3000 from them ! Good communication so far. I cross my fingers. :)

I'm waiting on a saz 3000 from them ! Good communication so far. I cross my fingers. :)

:woot:

I love mine!

x2 On The Fact That's The Way Chris Is.

I'm The Same Way, I Might Call You Every Damn Name In The Book And Some Not In The Book... But I Don't Mean It In A Harmful Or Disrespectful Way. Hell, If Anything, It Means I Like You.

Guess It Must Be A Texas Thing.

db-r is the shit

X2... I ordered my two Sundown amps from him. He was very courteous during my phone calls/emails...and he was very knowledgeable on ALL of the questions that I had for him....about amps/build quality...etc, different subs, and even enclosures. I would confident purchasing any amp from him in the future.

Edited by karpowr

I received my saz 3000 yesterday !!! What a big amp !!! The packaging was not as good as I thought. :-( I hope everything will work fine !:peepwall:

I will put in on my btl 12 fully loaded this afternoon.

We have a local comp saturday; I will try to go there and have an spl test to see what numbers I can do.:dancing:

I just received another refurb from Db-r. Sundown sax-125.2. Outstanding service once again!

I just received another refurb from Db-r. Sundown sax-125.2. Outstanding service once again!

Oh, so it was you that got that one. Early bird gets the worm!! Enjoy!!

Oh, so it was you that got that one. Early bird gets the worm!! Enjoy!!

There were 2 of them.