swagger_wagon468

Jonathan's 1994 Camry Wagon build. | Video(s) on page 22!

so, i have a 1994 Camry Wagon v6. also known as the Swagger Wagon. (hence the s/n)

this is my VERY FIRST install of any kind. so Please bare with me. i will be asking for help along the way im sure.

i have now...

- Bravox 6.5 Carbon Fiber comps. (front stage)

- Alpine Type R's 5x7 (rear fill)

- BOSS audio Zed built REV-665 amp (to power front and rear stages)

- 8ga amp kit from Knu. and extra RCA. (ofc. not cca)

- Kenwood KDC-HD545U

on the way:

-18" XCON D2. :morepower1:

soon building my box. need to get a design. probly DLdesigns. 7-7.5ft^3 @ 32-33hz. kerfed port, double baffle, flush mount, sub up, port back etc etc...

need cash to get:

AMP! looking at

- the US amps VLZ2DE (at ebay price lol)

- Sundown SAZ1500D & 2000D

recomendations appriciated! $4-500 is the limit.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

i will post pics soon. but i was hoping to get some stuff done today.

so today, if possible, i would like to get moy speakers, amp, and HU installed. i got the HU from Crutchfield. came with the installation master-sheet...but still looks confusing. ill go ahead and try before asking how to do it. but how do i connect the wires? just twist and tape? saulder?(dont own one)

im going to bestbuy in a few min. and i was wondering do i need to pick up some things? (for connecting; wires on the HU, speaker wire to amp & speakers etc)

thanks for everyones help in advance! :fing34: and i hope you enjoy my build

installed Kenwood HD545U last night.

hopefully going to install the BOSS audio amp and the Bravox's and the Alpines tomoro. :woot:

anything i need to be aware of? :ughdunno: (remember...first install. so i am a :noob: )

Edited by swagger_wagon468

good luck with build. this thread :NeedPics:

Edited by blunt

theres a few Sundown 2000d's floating around on the For Sale Section, take a look

I'd say run the wires for the amp first like the speakers and remote first then do + and make sure to put the fuse until the end and don't connect your battery until everything is double checked.

theres a few Sundown 2000d's floating around on the For Sale Section, take a look

yea thanks. i want to get one now so bad... but i need cash. lol. im in highskool making min wage. :D $7.25/hr.

i plan on having a amp by the end of the month.

I'd say run the wires for the amp first like the speakers and remote first then do + and make sure to put the fuse until the end and don't connect your battery until everything is double checked.

then do + ? what do youi mean by that?

yea thanks. i want to get one now so bad... but i need cash. lol. im in highskool making min wage. :D $7.25/hr.

i plan on having a amp by the end of the month.

then do + ? what do youi mean by that?

Last time i checked min..wage is 8.50? The positive wire....

pics as promised!

rear fill. (alpine 5x7 Type R's)

5.jpg

front stage. (Bravox cf components 6.5")

3.jpg

amp for all speakers. (BOSS audio. Zed built rev-665)

1.jpg

6.jpg

Head Unit (Kenwood HD545U)

2.jpg

4.jpg

HU installed!!!

HUinstalled.jpg

what do you guys think?

i wish it was $8.50... and the :) was supposed to be a :( lol.

so ur sayin hook up all (-) wires first then (+) wires?

Looking good....reccomendation you have tire foam? Put it on your dash speakers and etc and it makes them look all shiny if you noticed when I sent you mine they were all shiny if it didn't fade away they usually last like 3 weeks shiny and so does your whole dash.

i wish it was $8.50... and the :) was supposed to be a :( lol.

so ur sayin hook up all (-) wires first then (+) wires?

Just the + wire from the batts.

Looking good....reccomendation you have tire foam? Put it on your dash speakers and etc and it makes them look all shiny if you noticed when I sent you mine they were all shiny if it didn't fade away they usually last like 3 weeks shiny and so does your whole dash.

hmm... sounds interesting. and my dash is shitty and cracked. i have a new one. but to lazy to replace it. soooo many screws and bolts holding it in.

Yeah..I personally have Black MAgic and its worked the best for me..and leaves it a good smell...mostly things with dark color are the ones that work best..subs get cleaned nicely with that too.

nice equipment choices. good luck with the install. i understand the minimum wage aspect. i get Michigan minimum wage with 20-30 hours if i work weekends.

can't wait for the install of them

You have an 8 ga kit ?

I think it would be much better to run a 0 ga wire for power from battery to the trunk, and for your grounds.

I like your mids & highs amp : this Boss amp looks so nice !

Tell us what you think about the Bravox set when you ready. What other speakers have you already use, to compare.

I would have forget the rear speakers, and bridged the Boss amp to the comp set : it doesn't need all the power, so the amp will play without getting hot, for hours.

With such a big box, a 1500 watts amp must be enough for you. On a budget ? Try db-r.com, or look at Clarion or Audiopipe, they're cheap on ebay and everywhere.

Good luck.

You will have a nice and powerful sound system, and it's your first one ? Great !!!

The 8ga kit is for my boss amp. I will get 0ga for my subamp. Thanks for the support man.

QUESTION... I see no places to run my wires to my engine bay. No openings at all. Do I drill one? If so...will I be ok without a gromet for a.few days? Also...how the he'll am I supposed to run the wires from the amp to the door speakers? I can't even get the the rubber cover over the electronic wires. Thanks.

Doing this now. So responses quick plz. :D thanks.

if you drill thru the firewall i would most definitely use some type of grommet. that metal can ground out a wire in no time. For running wires to door speakers try a 'snake' of somekind. maybe a metal coat hanger? put a loop at one end and feed it thru. thats how i did mine.

progress today...

242.jpg

lol. thats pretty much it. my car is in pieces... but its coming along. so i figures out that getting the wire to my rear speakers is going to be a bitch. but i can do it if i want/need to...

what do you guys think? screw the rear and leave it out, and just run front stage?

or use the alpines in the rear.?

ALSO... present today in the mail:::::

254.jpg

251.jpg

248.jpg

245.jpg

REALLLLLLY sux i have nothing to power it with right now. :(

The alpines will be needed I think they might sound better than my RE components and they make your whole car sound better not just the back.