swagger_wagon468

Jonathan's 1994 Camry Wagon build. | Video(s) on page 22!

Question...im in the mddle of installing my Bravox comps and on the tweeter, which wire is pos and which is beg? Ones bronze color. Ones silver color.. thanks.

start installing the rear fill! They will be missed!

X2 on the rear fill and the amp. An Audiopipe AP15001D would power that sub nicely or you could even grab an AP18001D and still be under $200 shipped with a 1 year warranty. Checkout vminnovations.com. Nice gear btw, glwb!

Haha. I gotta get th front done first. For a week or two, the rear will be held by cable ties. I have to go my grandpas to make some speaker adapters.

Some nice bargains you got there, and some excellent equipment. :)

Why thank you. I will have pics of the install so far tomorrow got the comps done on one side. Tweeter is mounted nicely. I just need to do th other sid and the rear.

:D

That sounds more like it. I have an for my Type R's decided to keep the other pair and those shits are LOUD! Too bad my deck suck s and I don't have a rear output so fronts just for now...Keep it up swaggerwagon

sorry for the slowness. i FINALLY got my laptop back from HP. (my HD crashed) it only been like 8months too. ugh...

Anyways, i got my front stage done. :woot:

ill post pics a lil later tonight. i mounted the xovers in my door panel pockets. look pretty good. i could have done beter on the hole which the wires run thru.

i know how there is people sayin use rear fill, dont use rear fill, use it etc etc... well i dont think i will be. it sounds so good right now.

now as for bridging the amp for the front comps... im not sure about that. i have my gain about a 3rd of the way up. and bass about a 4th way up. and cant go past about 22 on most songs w/o being distorted. now, i have never tuned an amp, or anything like that. so maybe i have one too high? im not sure. maybe someone could chime in.

but they do sound AWESOME. soo....

Bravox comps ~ A

Zed/Boss rev-665 ~ A

Knu 8ga Klear amp kit ~ B. kit was perfect... except for the remote wire being connected to the RCAs. so i had already ran it from thr HU and tucked it before i npoticed that the remote wire is on the opposite side of the RCAs. so i pretty much had to pull the remote wire off from the RCAs.

well, in the process of doing that, i tore the sleeve on the rem wire. so i had to use electrical tape to patch that up. but anyways... everything turned out good. pics later.

INPUT on amp settig plz. thanks

Turn the bass off before you damage your speakers, that is why it is getting distorted. Dont use bass boost period, more power is always better then bass boost. Pictures man, personally I would bridge the amp to the components and keep the gain turned down and if you feel as they can take some more power than turn the gain up some, but clean undistorted power will make the speaker sing.

pics as promised! sorry for some of them. my Droid camera acts up some times.

car stripped

286.jpg

couldnt get "thru" the grommet. so i went around. :D

289.jpg

running speaker wire

313.jpg

doors and door panels. tweeters are flush mounted.

292.jpg

295.jpg

298.jpg

301.jpg

307.jpg

304.jpg

final. (i need a new door handle and handle surrounds) lol. and i have the stock tweeter covers. just gotta put them on.

310.jpg

What you guys think?! not bad for first install right? opinions welcome.

thanks

-jonathan

Edited by swagger_wagon468

Nice clean simple install my friend, keep up the good work.

Gracias! :D i really like how clean it looks. only thing i dont like is i cant have my window down even when its drizzling. cuz it drips right to where my tweeter is. lol. but its ok.

on another note... i really hate that im gonna have to get a HO alt. but i gotta do what i gotta do. i dont want to skip out on stuff.

i will be running a saz2000D most likely. and my boss/zed amp. 270amp should suffice right? my main thing is that if i do a HO alt, then i would like no extra batts...but i would upgrade my primary batt. XS-something... so opinions on my electrical situation? my camry is a V6. 80amp stock alt. ha... what a joke.

nice... like the tweeter mounting .... looks PRO

Gracias! :D i really like how clean it looks. only thing i dont like is i cant have my window down even when its drizzling. cuz it drips right to where my tweeter is. lol. but its ok.

someone on SSA used a clay compound behind the speakers before, that kind of trick should insulate the back of your tweeters and mids as well... Obviously need to put a "shield or median" between the speaker and clay... Someone help me explain this:?

someone on SSA used a clay compound behind the speakers before, that kind of trick should insulate the back of your tweeters and mids as well... Obviously need to put a "shield or median" between the speaker and clay... Someone help me explain this:?

Hmmmm.....

Actually that was to help with the sound, explained in Impious's Buildlog. OP is the water getting in between your door frame and door panel or does water get on the grill of the tweeter with the window down. If it gets on the grill then it is really nothing you can do besides change the mounting location.

It gets on the tweeter grill. Im not changing the mounting location. Lol because I did flushmount. So I would have a nice hole. O well, I don't really ride with the windows down in the rain much anyways... who would? I jjust noticed one day when I went to smoke and it was barellllly drizzling. But its ok. I don't really smoke in my car anymore. I don't want it to start smelling like butt. No pun intended. :D