swagger_wagon468

Jonathan's 1994 Camry Wagon build. | Video(s) on page 22!

nice.. but one video is not enough.... get some more up or sell me your equipment and I'll post some real vids!!!

wake yo ass up earlier to take more videos..... DUH!!! :peepwall:

Thanks Aaron. Im already planning my next build of 2 ZCON 15's. :D that's why im looking to upgrade to a saz2500 then when im ready for the zcon's... ill just get another one.

Im not even done with my current one. Haha

But I still need my 270xp, couple xs batts, a shit ton of deadener etc etc. Im gonna go make a video of my xcon. Remember its still not fine tuned and my gain is less than half way up.

:bigok:

lookin' good :drink40:

also forgot to mention... Mount your amplifiers properly or I iz coming there to steal yo shit! :peepwall:

Soo... I was in the middle of installing my new hsk165 components. And the mounting holes in the woofer are slightly closer together than the mounting holes in my door. So they wont fit. Ny suggestions as to why this is like this? My Bravox comps were. 6.5's just like these...so I don't get it.

Some 6.5" speakers are oversized (more like 6.6 or 6.75) and you have others that are 6.5" exactly. I even ran into a pair of coaxials that were labeled 6.5" but only 2 of the 3 mounting holes could be screwed in, that led me to understand there are undersized ones as wll. Thats why when you wanna replace a speaker you should look at the inside cutout diameter and mouting holes as well to see if it will be an exact fit or need modification.

Ahh... Gotchya. Thanks jay. So to make new mounting adapters, what should I use? And how thick? Mdf will absorb water and acrylic is a PITA to cut.

Ahh... Gotchya. Thanks jay. So to make new mounting adapters, what should I use? And how thick? Mdf will absorb water and acrylic is a PITA to cut.

They sell plastic ones. You can coat mdf with fiberglass and its waterproof

I guess ill just try to find some plastic ones on the internet. No fiberglass for me. Lol

Why not lol just coat it...

Plastic:

I guess ill just try to find some plastic ones on the internet. No fiberglass for me. Lol

Plastic:

^I've used those before, worked well in my case ;)

Plastic:

Just easier to use plastic ones with predrilled holes. Lol

Thanks for the link to. ;)

but their paypal link isn't working for some reason. I found ones on ebay that look identical. And have the same description.... i'll just call them tomorro and ask whats up.

Plastic:

^I've used those before, worked well in my case ;)

Thanks for assuring me they are good products.

Soo... here's some picof the new hsk 165 Hertz components. And pics of my blown Bravox carbon fiber woofers. (Which I have a question about)

Soo... first ar the new hertz comps

2011-02-27_16-32-34_180.jpg

2011-02-27_16-32-42_916.jpg

2011-02-27_16-33-18_201.jpg

2011-02-27_16-32-52_693.jpg

2011-02-27_16-33-05_770.jpg

And now for my question...

what is the brownish stuff? It looks kinda like glue that came undone. But idk... but I do kno that it doesn't work...

2011-02-28_21-23-22_302.jpg

2011-02-28_21-21-51_162.jpg

2011-02-28_21-22-34_167.jpg

Thanks guys

:)

I would suggest using those new components just on two channels of your amp until you learn how to deal with headroom power. Looks like they giving those Bravox a mean work out. That brown stuff does look like glue.

If your gonna bridge those Hertz then try dialing the gain down some so you will protect the speakers. Remember with headroom it must be clean power.

Yea. That's what I think I am going to do. That's my biggest problem... all the amp settings. Im not sure what to exactly set them at. So they are all roughly dialed in to what a few people told me. Any link about adjusting the settings on Sundown amps? I am going to search for one. But if you have a good one, let me know. ;)

:drink40: :drink40:

Got the new HERTZ components in. Just drilled my own Damn holes. :D

They sound MUCH better than the Bravox comps. And they r on half the power right now. I will be selling the crossovers if anyone is interested.

PICS!!!!

2011-03-01_17-56-57_672.jpg

2011-03-01_17-56-34_664.jpg

2011-03-02_16-50-26_868.jpg

2011-03-02_16-50-18_390.jpg

2011-03-02_16-50-09_851.jpg

Soo... I cannot play my sub at all. I was driving today. And after playin it for a while, I turned it down, and put my window down and my car died. So I really need my alt from DC but it will be about a month or two before they can make it... ugh. This sux.

Edit: my windows are power. So yea...

Edited by swagger_wagon468