Sign in to follow this  
blunt

1500D V.2

Any amp kit suggestions for the 1500D v.2?? Thinking of going with a knukonceptz kit don't know which one though. Any other suggestions?

P.s. running 2 Fi SSD12s with it.

Any amp kit suggestions for the 1500D v.2?? Thinking of going with a knukonceptz kit don't know which one though. Any other suggestions?

P.s. running 2 Fi SSD12s with it.

Get the largest wire that the amp will take....

I've never purchased an amp kit, but just make sure whatever you buy includes everything you need! (the proper lengths, fuses, etc.)

(1) RCA's

(2) Power Wire

(3) Remote Wire

(4) Proper Fuses (amount varies from setup to setup)... upon further thought the 1500 may have fuses in the amp, but you will still need one on the battery side

(5) Speaker Wire... you can use the largest the subs will take

I highly recommend the 100% copper wire from Knu.... good product, fast shipping, good support.

Edited by holley2346

umm KNU doesn't sell 100% copper wire>?

I thought they only sell CCA (copper clad aluminium)

to get 100% you would have to buy from that welding supply web site

umm KNU doesn't sell 100% copper wire>?

I thought they only sell CCA (copper clad aluminium)

to get 100% you would have to buy from that welding supply web site

Knu OFC cable

I would save some cash and piece together a kit for alot less.

These are only some suggestions to get you pointed in the right direction if you choose to piece together a kit vs buying one.

Power cable... Welding Supply

RCA cables... Monoprice.com

As Holley already stated, you will need some speaker wire,remote wire, and 1 or more fuses depending on your installation.

Edited by diablo

These are only some suggestions to get you pointed in the right direction if you choose to piece together a kit vs buying one.

As Holley already stated, you will need some speaker wire,remote wire, and 1 or more fuses depending on your installation.

He'd be better off getting a 0 gauge such as this:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KCA-PK0

and getting the RCA's and speaker wire from Monoprice. I just purchased three sets of 25' RCA cables and 100' of 14 AWG OFC speaker wire and am very impressed with the build quality.

However, piecing together a set is cheaper if you HAVE to go the OFC route. As long as the OP does a good job at taping off any CCA wire exposed under the hood, the CCA will work perfectly fine in his application.

He'd be better off getting a 0 gauge such as this:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KCA-PK0and getting the RCA's and speaker wire from Monoprice. I just purchased three sets of 25' RCA cables and 100' of 14 AWG OFC speaker wire and am very impressed with the build quality. However, piecing together a set is cheaper if you HAVE to go the OFC route. As long as the OP does a good job at taping off any CCA wire exposed under the hood, the CCA will work perfectly fine in his application.

Curious as to why?

1/0 Power and ground! Would advise nothing smaller unless it is a very short run.

Here is another option. The Battery terminal itself is worth it. This is OFC iirmc, the cable is very heavy and flexible.

http://www.thecablesupply.com/product-p/pg%20akit%20one.htm Price is nice as well.

Here is the link to Sonic but they don't carry it anymore.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9305_Phoenix-Gold-AKIT1.html

Buying anything but welding cable is throwing money away. The Knu, Kicker, stinger and others are great but overpriced when compaired to the same cable with a different jacket that may be slightly less flexible. I only install my cables once so how flexible the jacket is isn't a huge selling point for me. I look for a RCA cable that fits snug and feels like it has sone quality to it. A $50 RCA sounds the same as a $5 RCA. Again, just trying to save you a little cash. Hope this helps someone.

Buying anything but welding cable is throwing money away. The Knu, Kicker, stinger and others are great but overpriced when compaired to the same cable with a different jacket that may be slightly less flexible. I only install my cables once so how flexible the jacket is isn't a huge selling point for me. I look for a RCA cable that fits snug and feels like it has sone quality to it. A $50 RCA sounds the same as a $5 RCA. Again, just trying to save you a little cash. Hope this helps someone.

x2, I use welding cable for all my cars' electrical needs.

you have any links you can lead me to or suggestions for the welding cable/rca cable?

They don't say..... "you get what you pay for" for NO reason!! And I have bought cheap 5 dollar walmart RCA's and I got Stinger Expert RCA's in there now, and there is a BIG difference!! But not on sub amps!

Edited by Eagle

They don't say..... "you get what you pay for" for NO reason!! And I have bought cheap 5 dollar walmart RCA's and I got Stinger Expert RCA's in there now, and there is a BIG difference!! But not on sub amps!

Have you compaired a car audio cable and a welding cable side by side? OFC is OFC. You will only normally install the cable once so flexibility is not as important as everyone makes it out to be.

Ever used the RCAs I posted? Didn't think so. I never said that cheap RCAs are the way to go. I posted a link to a set of high value to cost RCAs that are every bit as good as your Stinger cables.

Edited by diablo

:peepwall: WOW.... can we say pissing match anyone? LOL! :peepwall:

I think everyone's forgotten the purpose behind the topic here. The OP was simply asking what size would be best and it turned into a mess.

Now, we need to give him all the points, not just toss a bunch of opinions out there and argue over who's is the better. Definitely as was originally stated, the largest that can fit in the terminals of the amp should be used, for best results. Verifiably that is 1/0 AWG. While the kits, be it Stinger, KNU, Rockford, whatever brand can be a little more expensive, they are handier for beginners as they include pretty much everything one needs. When it comes to places to get welding cable, weldingsupply.com, cableyard.com and several other places can be much less expensive to attain the cable. However, it does have to be pieced together which takes time and a little experience. Piecing a kit together from a welding supply isn't too bad, the cable and connectors are easily gotten, however the fuse holder, battery terminal if you want one, and other accessories still have to be picked up at the Stinger, KNU, Rockford, etc. stores. Speaker wire, RCA's and such really come down to how much you're willing to spend on them. At least 12awg speaker wire should be used with the subs as a generally followed rule.

C'mon guys, lets keep the topic at hand. :fing34::drink40:

Sorry everyone, I just read through the entire topic and it threw me how much no help it really was.

:peepwall: WOW.... can we say pissing match anyone? LOL! :peepwall:

I think everyone's forgotten the purpose behind the topic here. The OP was simply asking what size would be best and it turned into a mess.

Now, we need to give him all the points, not just toss a bunch of opinions out there and argue over who's is the better. Definitely as was originally stated, the largest that can fit in the terminals of the amp should be used, for best results. Verifiably that is 1/0 AWG. While the kits, be it Stinger, KNU, Rockford, whatever brand can be a little more expensive, they are handier for beginners as they include pretty much everything one needs. When it comes to places to get welding cable, weldingsupply.com, cableyard.com and several other places can be much less expensive to attain the cable. However, it does have to be pieced together which takes time and a little experience. Piecing a kit together from a welding supply isn't too bad, the cable and connectors are easily gotten, however the fuse holder, battery terminal if you want one, and other accessories still have to be picked up at the Stinger, KNU, Rockford, etc. stores. Speaker wire, RCA's and such really come down to how much you're willing to spend on them. At least 12awg speaker wire should be used with the subs as a generally followed rule.

C'mon guys, lets keep the topic at hand. :fing34::drink40:

Sorry everyone, I just read through the entire topic and it threw me how much no help it really was.

Thanks a lot. appreciate it. This helped, think I might go with a 1/0 AWG kit since I'm not very knowledgable in this game.

If you buy anyhting other than welding cable, you are throwing away your money for an inferior product.

As for RCAs, try and buy something of decent quality, if anything, it is because of the ruggedness you get...

Stinger, Rockford and all the other main stream brands are super rip-offs, almost to the point of absurdity... Knu has some good deals, but, they cannot compete with the quality and durability of welding cable.

To be honest, the best RCAs you can get for the money, hands down, are Dayton brand from Partsexpress. They are better than any of the car audio brands, at any price. No shit.

I have probably $75 worth of the Dayton branded RCA's and y-splitters from PE out in the garage....they are too inflexible, so I couldn't use them in my install. I wouldn't recommend them for installations that have tight angles near the connectors.

That said; they are great quality build wise so if they do fit your install they are a good option. But the inflexibility is one of the downsides to a cable primarily designed for home use instead of car use.

I can't hear a difference in RCA's for subbass.

And I think this guy asked for a kit.

I like Knukonceptz, just my personal opinion.

If I have 2 Fi SSD12s (dual 1) how would I wire them with this amp? Like this?

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm-1.gif

Edited by blunt

I doubt that wire is REAL 0 guage at that price. Quite honestly, if you're needing to save a few dollars and the only amp on the wire will be the 1500 then you can easily get by with a 1/0 CCA kit from KNU. CCA can't carry the same amount of current as an equally sized wire that's pure copper. However, if the 1500 is the only amp on the wire you won't pull anywhere near the capacity of the 1/0 KNU CCA kit. If I were you, that would be the way I would go. KNU CCA Amp Kit

The kit doesn't come with RCA's but here's KNU's run of the mill ones. KNU RCA's

Don't buy KNU for gods sake....

Sign in to follow this