4xforce

Need SQ tweeter suggestions

I also kinda figured I should be able to dial it in pretty close with the Leviathan. True a new HU would give me more detailed adjustment though

Can't stand the metal domes myself..

To each his own though.

I've got the silks crossed at 2300Hz @ 24dB/octave

^^What sort of power are you running to them? It's nice to know that they can be crossed over that low at 24bd/oct.

What do you guys think about these for main front stage in the doors? Doors aren't too well sealed so sorta an infinite baffle deal. Might be something I would be willing to replace these SPZ60's as I was wanting a coaxial setup.

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_238&products_id=8494

Edited by 4xforce

^^What sort of power are you running to them? It's nice to know that they can be crossed over that low at 24bd/oct.

Not really. ANY driver can be crossed at 24db and regularly it is a terrible idea. You are jumping WAY ahead of yourself and really shouldn't be buying anything yet. Nothing exciting about that seas coax and ask anyone here how much of a seas boner I have

So it seems I don't have any idea what I'm doing. I get told I'm jumping way ahead of myself but you offer no plan of action. A new HU is not an option at the moment and I can't believe I need to get a new HU in order to make an educated decision on a tweeter. New HU would be optimal but I won't be entering this thing into any competitions any time soon if ever.

Please if you are going to tell me I am headed the wrong direction with this give me a guideline that YOU would follow so I can consider it. The only thing I have been told is that I have no sound processing capability.

To add to the above the Seas coax was just put out there as a feeler of sorts. I wanted to know if that would be an option down the road but I will take your(M5) advice an stay away from them.

A really steep crossover point is used in my setup because i do not want the tweeters to die..

I don't know exactly how much power I am running to them, I can simply listen and know when they are having enough power or start to get pissed off.

It rolls off fast, 24dB slope is about as high as you see in car audio, 18dB/octave is far more typical.

Ya the 24db/oct slope is great for pushing the crossover point a bit further and still have the protection the drivers need. Im not sure how it will work in a car audio environment. I think that Leviathan uses all 24db slopes and I'll be using that mostly at first. I should be fine. It will be trial and error for a while until I can pick up a new head unit.

So it seems I don't have any idea what I'm doing. I get told I'm jumping way ahead of myself but you offer no plan of action. A new HU is not an option at the moment and I can't believe I need to get a new HU in order to make an educated decision on a tweeter. New HU would be optimal but I won't be entering this thing into any competitions any time soon if ever.

Please if you are going to tell me I am headed the wrong direction with this give me a guideline that YOU would follow so I can consider it. The only thing I have been told is that I have no sound processing capability.

I gave you the opportunity to let me help you with questions you have yet to answer that will really determine what I'd recommend. Can't do jack without that info and yes you are being pre-emptive.

The relationship between processing (I just now know that you only have 24dB slopes from your LAST post), mounting location and aiming, along with the capability of the woofer are all extremely logical to sort out before buying anything. On top of that if you are planning to change things in the future that information should be included as well.

There is NEVER any golden rule, specific guideline that always works, but instead a series of compromises that you need to outline where and what you will do that will surely help narrow down driver choices. Don't get me wrong I like the Seas Neo's, but 9 out of 10 people I see buy them use them inappropriately and are not happy.

Ok. This will be the last time I will respond with regard to what I have and have not answered or included. I have included ALL the components besides the sub arrangement that I am currently working with. I will not sit here and break down the specs of each component just to get some SUGGESTIONS as to what a quality SQ oriented tweeter is that would fit into my equation.

All is have been asking for is suggestions. I don't need somebody to tell me I need to overhaul my entire system in order to buy a tweeter. Car audio is the land of imperfection and like I said before it's like chasing the end of a rainbow. I may buy 5 or more different drivers until I like the way things sound. Oh and then I might even get tired of the way it sounds and want to change it again.

This whole discussion again was for BASIC input for a quality SQ tweeter and is turning into something completely different. Sometimes forums really suck.

This all reminds me of some of the guys on the other forum I frequent. You ask what is a quality exhaust manifold to achieve XYZ and instead of offering suggestions they proceed to pick apart your modification process and tell you that you should just build the motor and tranny first which costs 10x what the exhaust does. What begins as a simple question results in somebodies mental barf bag with no conclusion. Oh my. 4xforce OUT!

If you weren't being a jackhat you'd get a response. Don't worry though I am done with your thread. Enjoy the fail. :)

They have a 1" small format silk tweet that is pretty much my favorite tweet. Not sure of the model number right off the top of my head.

That's the one I thought might be garbage I think. It's the Prestige 27TFFNC/G or H1396. It's only $33. I sometimes feel like how the he'll could somebody produce something that sounds good for super cheap. I could be wrong. My only problem is that Fs is 1170hz. If I dare cross it at around 3k with a 24db/oct slope it might hold up but I would like to know that I could cross the tweet a bit lower and still not blow it out. I believe the rule of thumb is 4 octave higher than a drivers Fs. And that would be 4500 for these small things. Far from the 2k I'm trying for. Something to consider I guess especially at that price point.

Have those tweets and I ran them down to 2200hz for a while. :)

If you weren't being a jackhat you'd get a response. Don't worry though I am done with your thread. Enjoy the fail. :)

The only thing good about anything you post is the chic in your sig. I can't believe you have the ability to piss off so many people so easily. I know this from the many people that have messaged me saying how much of a turd you are. You have not mentioned anything useful yet continue to talk in circles for your personal amusement. You have 50k posts on a forum dude. That speaks for itself!

Denim.....my apologies for the above. Thanks for the hook up on the Leviathan and for your post above. I am just now getting everything together after a crazy holiday season. I really find it hard to believe guys like M5 are allowed to even operate in any capacity on this forum. Makes me not want to be a member here at times. Happy New Year to you all! Except d-bag M5. :)

The only thing good about anything you post is the chic in your sig. I can't believe you have the ability to piss off so many people so easily. I know this from the many people that have messaged me saying how much of a turd you are. You have not mentioned anything useful yet continue to talk in circles for your personal amusement. You have 50k posts on a forum dude. That speaks for itself!

Denim.....my apologies for the above. Thanks for the hook up on the Leviathan and for your post above. I am just now getting everything together after a crazy holiday season. I really find it hard to believe guys like M5 are allowed to even operate in any capacity on this forum. Makes me not want to be a member here at times. Happy New Year to you all! Except d-bag M5. :)

Grow up bro and even if you dont like what he says or how he responds, it is in the rules to accept all responces whether or not they get your panties in a bunch. Dont respond to him if he makes you emotional, respond to the people you think are helping you out. The reason why he is on here is because he has more knowledge then you and if you take your head out of your ass then you will see that all he is doing is trying to help you, more than you would probably like. Plus who cares who messages you about who they like, oh I forget we are at SSA High School and not on a SSA Forum. :suicide-santa:

And here comes the M5 nutswinger!

Once his balls are off your chin tell him that I can appreciate what he knows and the time he spent on my thread. He needs to understand how to communicate a little better. I asked a simple question and received many great responses but M5 just could not get it straight. Car audio. Is always trial and error but you have to start somewhere. I asked for a quality tweeter of a certain size that would possibly integrate with the other equipment that I have and his responses were vague at best and pointed towards replacing a bunch of my equipment just to narrow down choices of tweeters.

I am not offended big boy. You carry on and nutswing to your hearts content. I am educated, successful and mature so your remarks really mean nothing. Oh and how much time at the computer with a bottle of Jergens in one had and your unit in the other does it take to compile over 7000 posts? Food for thought!

And here comes the M5 nutswinger!

Once his balls are off your chin tell him that I can appreciate what he knows and the time he spent on my thread. He needs to understand how to communicate a little better. I asked a simple question and received many great responses but M5 just could not get it straight. Car audio. Is always trial and error but you have to start somewhere. I asked for a quality tweeter of a certain size that would possibly integrate with the other equipment that I have and his responses were vague at best and pointed towards replacing a bunch of my equipment just to narrow down choices of tweeters.

I am not offended big boy. You carry on and nutswing to your hearts content. I am educated, successful and mature so your remarks really mean nothing. Oh and how much time at the computer with a bottle of Jergens in one had and your unit in the other does it take to compile over 7000 posts? Food for thought!

wow, you really need to calm down sir. You say its all about trial and error, but yet, you rather waste your time failing, insteading of taking in somebody else's advice, that probly already failed at doing what your trying to do now. Learn from somebody else's mistake, thats why your on here right? To get other opinions to try and help YOU out. I don't see how you can have the balls to try and shoot other ppl down, when their doing you a favor. If you don't like the responses, then why do you keep asking, over, and over, and over again. M5 tried helping you multiple times because he knew what works, and how to atleast get you a step closer to solving your issue the right way the first time. And nobody cares about what you are or who you know that has w/e. So how about you get off your uncle's balls, and try to build your own reputuation, which it seems like your have already failed at :suicide-santa: