Sign in to follow this  
Tirefryr

IB???

Hey Nick, how well do you think the 15 will work IB? And what about power? I'm thinking about 300. My car is already setup to be run IB, so it's merely a matter of building a baffle. Has anyone ever run a Mag IB?

I think people have entertained the idea of IB but never gone through with it. If your car is already setup for IB, you might be the first to IB a Magnum. It should work fine, though. I don't forsee any problems.

Good to hear. Only thing I'm worried about is power. Guess I'll just start out small and see how it does. Look for pics soon!

Essentially a BIG @$$ sealed enclosure. AKA: an enclosure so big that Qtc fails to drop below "critical listening" alignments. For most car audio people this means using the trunk as the enclosure. For home audio it is almost always using the crawl-space or the attic as the enclosure.

how is this beneficial? and how would you secure the sub so it doesn't bump all over the place in the trunk?

It is a big ass sealed box so the SQ is absolutely superb. It loses power handling though. The ones i've seen were secured to the rear deck with some cutting and modifications. The other one i've seen was almost like a wall in the trunk ...

Yes, for the time being, I will be just mounting to a baffle suspended below the deck. I may actually build a new deck at some point, but I hate to cut that much steel out. I started the car with IB in mind last year, but was going to use different drivers. The cabin and trunk have both been sealed completely already, so all I have to do is build the baffle, mount,and seal. good to go. I fell in love with IB 2 years ago when I had 4 Tempests in my attic. Now THAT is a good way to piss the neighbors off! :lol:

I think people have entertained the idea of IB but never gone through with it. If your car is already setup for IB, you might be the first to IB a Magnum. It should work fine, though. I don't forsee any problems.

i have entertained, but havent had time to build... should be coming up pretty soon though... right nick?? :)

I sure hope so!! I'm just waitining on the driver to arrive so I can finish up the baffle.

I sure hope so!! I'm just waitining on the driver to arrive so I can finish up the baffle.

definetly let us know how it sounds. I was originally going to attempt to do this with a 12" but now im gona do sealed. I may still try it out though. just depends on if it will fit or not where i plan to put it.

All of you IB guys show up now after we've made already made a lot of drivers. :P Why couldn't you have shown up earlier?

All of you IB guys show up now after we've made already made a lot of drivers.  Why couldn't you have shown up earlier?

I have always had an affection for IB. I had my car set up for some smaller drivers of a different company, you could say I had an eVirus :P , but now things have changed. I have listened to Clarke just hype the hell out of the Mags for quite a while now, so the opportunity was presented and here I am. Hopefully, Nick, you will come out with some other drivers and I can be lucky enough to try those too. I just hope this thing will satisfy me. I don't see why it will not, especially with 4 8s in the doors picking up the midbass chores.

Now hurry up and get shipping!! J/K! :D

Here are a few pics of the baffle so far. This will be suspended just below the deck and will fire through the cut-outs for the 6x9s. I still have to stretch some fleece and glass and bondo though.

456034_47_full.jpg

456034_48_full.jpg

456034_49_full.jpg

456034_50_full.jpg

You got it. I originally had planned to use the Kicker RMB8s in the doors. Then I got ahold of 3 pairs of Vifa PLs, so I built custom vented enclosures for the doors. I ended up not liking them however, so here I am with 1 pair of RMB8s sitting around, and thought I'd go a little crazy and get another pair. I can't really say enough about these Kickers. A lot of people say Kickers don't sound good, but these puppies put out some punch down to around 30Hz in car, running IB in the door. I hooked my first pair up fullrange and they took all the 300 watts I was giving them.. I am really happy with their performance.

No...you just beat the living snot out of them.... :D

I love this man's work!

No...you just beat the living snot out of them....

Just like my women. I give them all they can take and then some!! Hell, the Magnum is gonna have the easiest time out of all the components.