BanginGMC

Droid X vs Droid Incredible?

6 members have voted

1. 1. Droid X or Droid Incredible

• Droid X
    • Droid Incredible

My friend has the Droid X and he absolutely loves it. I've played with it a few times and it seems to be a really cool phone. Everything loads quickly, nice interface, and the camera is pretty damn good for a phone. I've owned all of the iPhones but seeing my friends Droid makes me want to get one.

i've got the incredible and i love it. i had the droid x first and didn't like it. too bulky, didn't feel right in my hand or my pocket, and it just didn't seem to be as quick as the incredible. the pictures are about the same and with the update for the incredible, it records in 720p as well.

I have a Droid X, and on my 3rd in a about a month. My first phone was shit, super slow and always froze up. The second worked great, then 1/3 of the screen stopped working and you could hear something internal humming. On my third and everything seems to be working fine. Bad luck? Probably. I am the same person who got the same DVD from netflix broken 4 or 5 times in a row.

Why not the Droid 2 Global, better phone than either IMO. Or you could wait for the HTC Lexicon/Merge which should be out anyday. Of course I am biased and went through this last week and chose that phone realizing I could swap within 30 days for the HTC if I prefer.

BTW, the 8m pixel camera is a joke. No phone has a lens that can resolve anywhere near that amount. Hell ALL phone camera's suck as their optics are a joke.

I know they have nothing to do with this particular thread, but the Sony Ericsson's definitely can handle their 5-8MP ratings well enough to be considered a good option for not carrying around a digital camera for random events....

Other than that, you are correct for the most part... But I honestly don't buy a phone hoping to use the camera at all, I am only smiley when I was in a pinch and needed to use it..

You have never used a real camera obviously. Considering the Sony 14.2mp alpha350 can only resolve what the Canon 12mp 450d can I would expect things to scale to their lower end units. Add to that you are going from HUGE DLSR optics to dinky, cheap, disposable cell phone optics I am sure that their ratings are still a joke.

I am not saying that they can't take a reasonable picture and perhaps even a great one for viewing on its OWN screen, but it is not a replacement for a camera by any means. At least not if you ever want to print anything which to me is exactly the purpose of the camera.

edit: And no, the Canon can't resolve all of its pixels either. BTW, MP in cameras have stopped being a buying reason years ago.

thank you for saying this... I think general public fails to realize this.... bothers me sometimes... but I have used a "real" camera .... I just don't own because it is not something I need. :-/ ...

Edited by Shogen