Sign in to follow this  
Havasufreak

which Sun Down amp is better for me?

Im looking into getting the 10" FI Bl sub fully loaded with a 1cuft (or maybe slightly bigger if i can) ported.

Theres a site im sure a few of you guys have heard of that sells them refurbished. well anways. on this site they have the...

SAE-1200Dv1

SAE-1200Dv2

SAZ-1500D

... these three are listed right now and im curious which one would fit me better. i dont want to run an extra battery if possible just due to the hassle.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

if you wanna have less of a chance of runnig an extra batt, get the 1200D (still might have to though.) not sure of the difference btwn the v.1 and v.2

use :google: to find out the differences . unless u know already.

good luck

Db-r.com is a reputable website. A lot of the members buy from there. I'd get the 1200dv.2 Just more updated parts and you may not have to do as many electrical upgrades as you possibly would with the 1500d. You may just have to do the big 3 and a better battery.

Db-r.com is a reputable website. A lot of the members buy from there. I'd get the 1200dv.2 Just more updated parts and you may not have to do as many electrical upgrades as you possibly would with the 1500d. You may just have to do the big 3 and a better battery.

x2

hmm thanks guys!

im gonna guess the difference between the 1200Dv1 and the 1200dv.2 is that the v.2 stands for version 2 or something? im totally guessing.

have you heard of any good talk about the bl 10? how loud is it for such minimal airspace?

solid choice of amps. and generally, if youre goin to run RMS or about RMS you need to go with suggested box specs. if you goin to run less then a bigger box is needed, if youre going to run more than a slightly smaller box is needed so you dont free air the sub

hmm thanks guys!

im gonna guess the difference between the 1200Dv1 and the 1200dv.2 is that the v.2 stands for version 2 or something? im totally guessing.

have you heard of any good talk about the bl 10? how loud is it for such minimal airspace?

The BL 10 is a great woofer. Just the thought of it being made by Fi is great haha. As long as it fits your needs and if you give it a good box to specs it'll be great. Also, for a good box you can find Argent Audio here on the forum who makes awesome enclosures. Just a thought.

The difference between the 1200d v.1 and v.2 is what you said. They came out with a more recent "updated" version of the amp. I don't exactly know the specifics but it was probably made with better more powerful parts. If you can I would pick the v.2 over the v.1 just because of the fact that the v.2 is updated.

I think you will be happy with the 1200v1! Hell I used to own one and it was amazing!!

the difference between the v1 and v2 i believe is better parts and it has a double sided board! it is basically a knock off of the saz1500, but in the sae line!

I would say go with the v1!! it never did me wrong and it gave me some killer numbers also!