ford302redneck

Picture Tour?

Anyway IA would take some pictures of behind the scenes? I'm sure plenty of people would enjoy this, and since yall are moving into a new shop it would be neat. Maybe some old building pictures and new ones?

Just a thought.

Honestly, I would love to give a picture tour, but our NDA's wont allow that. We cant let anybody past the front office......maybe Ill take a pic of the outside one day :)

Honestly, I would love to give a picture tour, but our NDA's wont allow that. We cant let anybody past the front office......maybe Ill take a pic of the outside one day :)

The IA backoffice is kind of like the place in Willy Wonka's factory that Slugworth wanted to go to catch a glimpse of the everlasting gob stopper machine. LOLOL!! Too many manufacturers might have to come out the closet if you gave us a picture tour? That sucks.

Non disclosure agreements.

Not to be an ass, but if everything is made in house, how or why do you have NDA's? You would think as a Made In The USA company you would be proud to show the others how it's done...

Just my .02.

Kef

Well take pictures of stuff you can. Doesn't have to be a full tour.

I think the problem is, other companies IA builds for might not want there pictures out that IA builds their stuff maybe?

Take some pictures of cool machines. Doesn't have to "show" any products.

Point taken, but how about a thought: suppose a potential OEM customer comes calling and wants to see behind the scenes. You can't provide pics, but another company can and will. Who looks better to te customer then?

Not saying anything bad, but if I were in the market or OEM gear, I would like to see where it is being made, what kind of facilities and machinery being used, security in place, etc. OEM is a very expensive business.

Kef

Point taken, but how about a thought: suppose a potential OEM customer comes calling and wants to see behind the scenes. You can't provide pics, but another company can and will. Who looks better to te customer then?

Not saying anything bad, but if I were in the market or OEM gear, I would like to see where it is being made, what kind of facilities and machinery being used, security in place, etc. OEM is a very expensive business.

Kef

Honestly, we do, because we wouldn't sell out our other customers to make a buck. In our industry people do it every day and if you call me flashing money and wanting info and I will not give it to you, then you know you will be treated with the same respect. Our business is about making money, but there is a limit to how we do it. Most companies these days start up and go out of business in 1 to 5 years - stop and think. I'm sure you can name a handful of them. Others see the ship sinking and sell the company and start a new one, happens every day. The way to stay in business is to do things the right way.

The OEM we do is based on our track record and do we get the job done, not what tools we use to complete the work. We've even lost business from a few OEM customers because we wouldn't let them come and look around, but if they can't understand a simple concept of “it's for their own good”, then they are just another start up that won't make it. Don't think OEM means we just build the product and take your money, we are a one stop shop - from marketing, pricing structure, advise, etc. We deliver way more than product we deliver the experience and knowledge to help you grow and the customer that follow our lead always stay in business – they are not customers, they are partners in our family. I usually exchange emails daily and personal cell to cell phone calls weekly to make sure we are on track and growth is happening at some level. We are the best for a reason – we eat, live, breath car audio and that passion comes out in the products.

Kef

Honestly, we do, because we wouldn't sell out our other customers to make a buck. In our industry people do it every day and if you call me flashing money and wanting info and I will not give it to you, then you know you will be treated with the same respect. Our business is about making money, but there is a limit to how we do it. Most companies these days start up and go out of business in 1 to 5 years - stop and think. I'm sure you can name a handful of them. Others see the ship sinking and sell the company and start a new one, happens every day. The way to stay in business is to do things the right way.

The OEM we do is based on our track record and do we get the job done, not what tools we use to complete the work. We've even lost business from a few OEM customers because we wouldn't let them come and look around, but if they can't understand a simple concept of “it's for their own good”, then they are just another start up that won't make it. Don't think OEM means we just build the product and take your money, we are a one stop shop - from marketing, pricing structure, advise, etc. We deliver way more than product we deliver the experience and knowledge to help you grow and the customer that follow our lead always stay in business – they are not customers, they are partners in our family. I usually exchange emails daily and personal cell to cell phone calls weekly to make sure we are on track and growth is happening at some level. We are the best for a reason – we eat, live, breath car audio and that passion comes out in the products.

well spoken / written ...

Honestly way I read this, you don't want your clients to know how their product is made. How is that for their own good?

Some companies may not care about this, which if it was me I would. If I put my companies name on a product I want to know how its made, the time and effort involved and why I'm picking your buildhouse over all the others.

Honestly way I read this, you don't want your clients to know how their product is made. How is that for their own good?

Some companies may not care about this, which if it was me I would. If I put my companies name on a product I want to know how its made, the time and effort involved and why I'm picking your buildhouse over all the others.

Well, you read it wrong if that's what you got from what I said. We are talking about two different points of view - I'm talking about marketing and you’re talking about engineering.

From a marketing point of view - It doesn't make sense for us to allow customers or anyone for that matter to have access to our shop. These days with facebook, twitter, myspace, forums, etc people are more social and they talk more and post more an ever. It would be a short amount of time before these picture made it to the internet in one shape form or fashion. Now imagine we are building your drivers or amps for your audio company and you've spend a ton of money and time to develop your line, when new OEM company comes by and takes picture of our shop and they made the net. Do you honestly feel this would be good for your business? I would hope not, 99% of the time your customers will call me and say, "I know you make ford302redneck audio subwoofers, so I thought I'd call you and cut out the middle man and go straight to the source and get a better price." Everyone wants to be in the know and everyone wants a better price, it's just human nature. We do things this way for a reason.

From a engineering point of view - If you are one of our OEM customers then you would know everything about your product as you would have you hands in the design from conception to final production versions. We are talking in vague and broad terms here and I can't fully answer your questions about how something is made until I know what we are making. Sounds like you might be interested in OEMing a driver if so call me and I can go into great details once I understand your goals. But your picking my buildhouse because we are the best! What other company is going to reply to your needs and questions at 3:08 am Sunday?

Thanks,

Nick

Well, you read it wrong if that's what you got from what I said. We are talking about two different points of view - I'm talking about marketing and you’re talking about engineering.

From a marketing point of view - It doesn't make sense for us to allow customers or anyone for that matter to have access to our shop. These days with facebook, twitter, myspace, forums, etc people are more social and they talk more and post more an ever. It would be a short amount of time before these picture made it to the internet in one shape form or fashion. Now imagine we are building your drivers or amps for your audio company and you've spend a ton of money and time to develop your line, when new OEM company comes by and takes picture of our shop and they made the net. Do you honestly feel this would be good for your business? I would hope not, 99% of the time your customers will call me and say, "I know you make ford302redneck audio subwoofers, so I thought I'd call you and cut out the middle man and go straight to the source and get a better price." Everyone wants to be in the know and everyone wants a better price, it's just human nature. We do things this way for a reason.

From a engineering point of view - If you are one of our OEM customers then you would know everything about your product as you would have you hands in the design from conception to final production versions. We are talking in vague and broad terms here and I can't fully answer your questions about how something is made until I know what we are making. Sounds like you might be interested in OEMing a driver if so call me and I can go into great details once I understand your goals. But your picking my buildhouse because we are the best! What other company is going to reply to your needs and questions at 3:08 am Sunday?

Thanks,

Nick

:fing34:

Nick,

THAT is what I would want from a company. All you had to say was that the OEM customer would have a hand in things. The way you made it out to be was "If you OEM with us, you will not get to see how things are done, see progress, etc.". If I am going to be dropping serious coin on having products built for me, I am going to make damn sure that everything is the best I can get for my money.

I already acknowledged your reasoning behind not providing pictures, and I applaud you for taking time out of your busy schedule to address these questions and comments.

Now, when is the new Dirt Sheet coming? :P

Kef

Thanks,

Nick

Are you a mind reader? Lol. Not yet. ;)