Sign in to follow this  
liljestrand

Trying to figure out a box for 2 15" xcons.

Ok in the cargo area I got 38Wx20Dx22H. Was gonna only have it 20" high but bumped it up a lilttle to get as much box space as available.

According to a box calculator on the12volt.com puts me at 8.01cf, figure about 7.5 after sub displacement (i think thats about right).

I tried figuring out for ports and when I put in a 4" aeroport tuned to 32Hz put it at only 1.5" in length.....this does not seem right to me.

I tried figuring out for a slot port at 4"x18.5" tuned at 32Hz put the length at 18.9". A 2"x18.5" slot only comes out to 8" of length.

Does all this seem right? Tried to mock something up in google sketch but I failed pretty hard at that.

If I can't figure this out Ill just make a sealed box to those specs and throw a baffle in the middle.

no back seats... :-P

Ok in the cargo area I got 38Wx20Dx22H. Was gonna only have it 20" high but bumped it up a lilttle to get as much box space as available.

According to a box calculator on the12volt.com puts me at 8.01cf, figure about 7.5 after sub displacement (i think thats about right).

I tried figuring out for ports and when I put in a 4" aeroport tuned to 32Hz put it at only 1.5" in length.....this does not seem right to me.

I tried figuring out for a slot port at 4"x18.5" tuned at 32Hz put the length at 18.9". A 2"x18.5" slot only comes out to 8" of length.

Does all this seem right? Tried to mock something up in google sketch but I failed pretty hard at that.

If I can't figure this out Ill just make a sealed box to those specs and throw a baffle in the middle.

If you use aeroports you need to use more than one 4". The calculator is correct but you do not have enough port. I would use (2) 6" aeroports with a length of 15.45". Your 4 x 18.5 slot port is the best option out of this group with 72 square inches of port area, but I would go more. Overall the numbers are correct but for 7.5 cubic foot box I would try to get 100-120 square inches of port area if using a slot port. You can get away with less port area while using aeroports to achieve no port noise.

Ported you will not be able to unless you do external ports.

You would have done better getting 2 12's. You are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and you will not end up with what you hope to.

From experience those 2 15's will pound in a 6cf sealed box and sound great doing so.

Dont be afraid to run them sealed, you will love them. I personally think they sounded better sealed too.

Well I got a designer to fab me up some plans for a sealed box that will be 37.5x19x19. He said it will come out to 3cf each chamber.

Will be going tp home depot on thurs hopefully to get started.

Well I got a designer to fab me up some plans for a sealed box that will be 37.5x19x19. He said it will come out to 3cf each chamber.

Is the design calling for a common chamber or separated chambers?

Double baffle and bracing?

Double baffled. No bracing but separate chambers. That partition should be sufficient bracing right?