Havasufreak

Sundown vs. Fi

im not sure how either one of these subs sound so im depending on you guys to tell me.

im not sure weather to go with 2 SA 8" Sundown audio subs OR go with one SA 10" OR im thinking one Fi Bl 10"?

not sure what amp yet with the 2 SA 8s or with the one SA 10, but with the Fi Bl 10 i would be going with a Sundown SAE-1200Dv2.

which one of these would sound the deepest and loudest to factory recommendations?

Thanks!!

How much airspace do you have to work with?

Threads like these suck. :)

As bassahaulic asked, how much airspace, volume do you have to work with in your vehicle?

Installation is ultimately going to effect the end product.

I've never had any experience with the sa8s, but I've owned a BL and loved it. So if the choice was mine, I'd get the 10" BL.

2 sa8s would have slightly more cone area then a single 10" bl though...

well the sub box i have now is 1.23cuft, but im actually heading to a shop right now and see how much i can squeeze under my back seat. theres not that much room, but its all i have to work with

The shop visit is pointless.

They probably won't know the real answer.

What year/model/make of truck?

2 SA-8s is my choice. all good choices though

haha. it really was. i have a 2001 f150 supercrew.

im really curious with those SA 8s. how deep of bass do they get?

They will play the same notes as an 18" woofer.

They will play the same notes as an 18" woofer.

are you serious?? damn! what about with 1.6cuft tho?

Playing the same notes does not mean it will have equal output...

Both subwoofers can play the same frequency range... One has more cone area, thus more output.

i recently did an install in an 02 supercrew. you NEED to check your mounting depth. I dont recall either of these options fitting under the seat. and we looked at alot of options.

yea i know what you mean steve. i was originally going to face them upwards, but changed my idea to having whatever i get face forward. just really stuck on what to go with. i want deep bass, but not sure if 2 SA 8s will do that? they handle less power then the Bl 10 and why are the Fi subs SOOO much more?

and crownvic... yes it would be ported whatever i end up going with

Edited by Havasufreak

yea i know what you mean steve. i was originally going to face them upwards, but changed my idea to having whatever i get face forward. just really stuck on what to go with. i want deep bass, but not sure if 2 SA 8s will do that? they handle less power then the Bl 10 and why are the Fi subs SOOO much more?

Why is a ford gt40 SOOO much more then a mustang?

well i can go into that with you if you would like? with stereo stuff im not sure stefan. still a beginner. comments like that are pointless i dont know the difference bwtween the two

From what I have seen an SAZ-1200 will power 2 SA-8's just fine. I would stay at a bridged +4 ohm load though.

Made here vs. overseas

how did it sound edouble?

I know I come across as being an ass, but your asking questions that are all relative to a persons idea of what sounds good or loud. It's not really going to help you.

I saw you stated your vehicle type and your current enclosure size, how much room are you willing to give up for an enclosure? Are you planning on putting the box behind the center console? Under the rear seats?

So let end this thread untill you know what you can fit. threads like this just turn into a pissing match. go figure out what you can fit in the space you have then revisit. neither options will fit without raising your seat and building a custom ported box. even then, your extreamly limited with a ported box. not trying to knock the wind out of your sails.

peoples opinions help. (well for me) which is why im on the site. i basically just wanted to get peoples opinion from what they heard how well certain subs have performed.

thanks for all your help guys. ill let ya know how everything goes

get the 2 sa-8s

That wasn't an option. Spaming to get minimum posts to sell eh?

You want deep bass... Like Duran and Stefan said, the 8 will play the same notes as the 18. The 18 will play those notes louder. Now, the 2 8s have more cone area than the 10 so they will be louder. "Deep Bass" will come into play with your install. The tuning of your box will come into play for deep bass. As a beginner i would suggest you tune your enclosure to 32hz. It will get the "deep bass" as well as the higher end.