Havasufreak

Sundown vs. Fi

...so what if i ordered the 10 fi bl tonight. the SA 8s would be deeper bass? haha

thats not what I said. Sa-8s would just be louder due to cone area, but it all comes down to install. You will achieve "deeper bass" by the tuning of your enclosure. A tuning of 30-34 hz for example would be a good start. But the 8's and 10 will all hit the same notes. If you got a 6" subwoofer it would hit the same notes as a 21. Just the 21 would be louder because it's cone area is much larger.

awesome! well my bl should be here sooner or later. haha.

thanks for the help tho!! still learning all this stuff!

awesome! well my bl should be here sooner or later. haha.

thanks for the help tho!! still learning all this stuff!

And it still wont fit under your seat.

I hope it ends up fitting! I bought subs in an enclosure once that i could have scowrn was going to fit, sure as hell it didn't!! Ha. I rolled around with 2 12's covering up the rear seats in my mustang for 4 months before i could sell them. i was SUPER cool. ha

did u try it facing forward with the seat lifted in the front?

No, have you? im just trying to save you some money. even if you raise the front of the seat the 3-4 inches it will need, nobody could sit on it and you still wont have enough airspace for a ported 10. plus where you gonna put the amp? im pretty familier with your style truck and its not gonna work.

Im tuned in for the build log. good luck

yes i have looked into it. the box i have now is 1.23 cuft or something. im going to use the same box i have now, but make a ported clone one. im going to have the sub facing forward and raise the seat in the front up with some spacers to have a little bit more of a rake. (which is why i bought a 10)

for the amp im going to remove the plastic piece on the back wall and mount it.

Edited by Havasufreak

just get a sundown 10 and you will be fine sa 10 or nightshade 10

well crazy to think i ordered my bl on the 7th and got it the 13th!!!

when i heard the UPS truck i figured my sundown amp was here so i was excited.

was i shocked to see a square box!!

cant wait to install this BEEFY 10"

Edited by Havasufreak

What a vague set of questions from op ;)

Good luck with your install, although I would've chosen the SA-8's for space requirement reasons.

:)

it's always fun when your magnet is as large as your basket! haha tuned in for the install :popcorn:

just ordered my MB Quart PVI 216 components with adaptors from the 6x8 oem slot to 6.5

sundown sae 1200 amp should be here soon.

what i decided to go with was put the sub behind my center console. my old idea with under the seat would have worked, but i thought maybe i can squeeze more room from my new idea.

my options are pointing the sub up or towards the ground... i like the idea of them pointing down (of course with 3-4 inches of clearance) just because the sub is kinda hidden and protected from maybe my stupid friends. haha. or even theft.

pointing up though ive heard gives u a totally different sound so im kinda worried about that. its a one shot deal so making my mind on the two is important.

thanks!

Edited by Havasufreak

why dont you go measure around in your truck so you're not thinking, "maybe i can squeeze more room"? Then you can actually see what different parts of the truck holds X cubic feet available. :peepwall:

haha. sorry. well YES i know it will fit. i dont know why i said "maybe."

tomorrow ill take a picture of my backseat and start a build thread to give you guys a better idea of what im talking about.

yes i have looked into it. the box i have now is 1.23 cuft or something. im going to use the same box i have now, but make a ported clone one. im going to have the sub facing forward and raise the seat in the front up with some spacers to have a little bit more of a rake. (which is why i bought a 10)

for the amp im going to remove the plastic piece on the back wall and mount it.

1.23 ported and 1.23 sealed are not the same size box. You need to account for port area, which depending on you tuning will make you box a hell of alot bigger

thanks for all the input guys! i started a build log...

ill try to keep updating with everything going on!

moderators you can close this thread. that would be great!

thanks!!