liljestrand

Craftsman all in one cutting tool.

http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10155_12602_00964473000P

I found one of these at a local pawn shop and was wondering if it would be worth picking up for 50 bucks. The one at the shop has a attachment that looks something like a router and has a circle cutting attachment among other things.

Really would just need it for cutting circles, and then possibly other household things.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section didnt really know where to ask about tools here.

If you want to cut precise circles, get a traditional router and a circle jig. This tool is not for precision cutting. You can find decent cheap routers on ebay for $35 or at Harbor Freight if you have one local. The router is a much better buy with more versatility and control.

I have one of those, I would just get a router to cut holes for. The motor isn't that strong

If you want to cut precise circles, get a traditional router and a circle jig. This tool is not for precision cutting. You can find decent cheap routers on ebay for $35 or at Harbor Freight if you have one local. The router is a much better buy with more versatility and control.

I have one of those, I would just get a router to cut holes for. The motor isn't that strong

I have to fully agree here. I recently bought a similar item [made by Clark 40$ with the circle jig] And it is not any where near as good as my router.

Just my .02

Circle jig is the add-on you put on a router, right?

What bit should be used with a router when doing a circle?

1/4" is plenty for cutting circles. Ever since my straight cut bit broke, I switched to a shortened and slightly modified drill bit. It works similar to an up-spiral bit just that the cut edges aren't perfect :)

1/4" is plenty for cutting circles. Ever since my straight cut bit broke, I switched to a shortened and slightly modified drill bit. It works similar to an up-spiral bit just that the cut edges aren't perfect :)

A spiral bit is the only one I use now. I even use a combination bit regularly on plywood as it prevents tear-out and makes end grain routing a non issue.

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/bt_solid.html#2367

A spiral bit is the only one I use now. I even use a combination bit regularly on plywood as it prevents tear-out and makes end grain routing a non issue.

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/bt_solid.html#2367

Yes.

And if you can't spring for a router, circle jig, & upspiral bit then a quality jig saw and a thin blade is the next best thing IMO. I wouldn't like to cut port holes with it, but driver holes it would be fine. Of course being I also flush mount that means I can't really use a jig saw, but you get the idea.

http://www.rockler.c...t.cfm?page=5724

I use a bit like this one.

http://www.mlcswoodw...solid.html#2367

Guess I would have to buy one.

I used similar to what jmanjr linked and it smoked so bad I thought the plywood will catch fire.

Yeah going to pick up a router today. What bit would I need to make flush mounts. Wanna make sure to ick up the right one.

Upspiral is what I use just for that reason. Down is fine for cutting all the way through, but for flush mounting you need up.

Spiral upcut user here as well.

Used it for flush mounting for the first time not long ago and results were great.