jcarter1885

Project 1998 Acura 3.5RL

Front Stage Setup Options:

Sundown Audio SAX-125.2 - Image Dynamics Ultra Mini-Horns

Zed Audio Draconia-II - 8" drivers

After about 10 good kicks look what I got in the trunk:

med_gallery_7913_319_50891.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_38554.jpg

Ski Hole View (My duckies are ready for some Bass)

med_gallery_7913_319_2613.jpg

Big 2 Wiring completed, I will complete the Big 3 when I get my High Output Alternator. Battery to chassis and engine block to chassis show below.

Big 1:Engine Block to Chassis (Ground) I replaced the factory wire with 4 gauge wire since it looks bad and besides its 12 years old, plus I added 2/0 welding cable just cause and removed the paint from the factory ground location.

Before

med_gallery_7913_319_45070.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_58795.jpg

After Upgraded Factory Wire - 2/0 Welding Wire

gallery_7913_319_4763.jpg

gallery_7913_319_5756.jpg

Big 2: Battery to Chassis (Ground) I replaced the factory wiring here since it was old, I added a 1/0 wire and 2/0 wire from negative battery terminal to chassis.

med_gallery_7913_319_16239.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_38246.jpg

med_gallery_7913_319_13487.jpg

Do you have the sub wired up? How does it sound?

Do you have the sub wired up? How does it sound?

Nope, no input yet.

Keep us posted. I hope your install turns out great!

:captain: is that the same box my Z came out of? It's been naked ever since, it needs a cozy new home. I like the new ride btw, looks much more comfortable than the Saturn. Tuned in, I'm gonna have to drive down again when you get it all going, hopefully I'll have my install done by then.

:captain: is that the same box my Z came out of? It's been naked ever since, it needs a cozy new home. I like the new ride btw, looks much more comfortable than the Saturn. Tuned in, I'm gonna have to drive down again when you get it all going, hopefully I'll have my install done by then.

Yeah thats the same enclosure, it found a new sub to call its home. Thanks man and yeah Im enjoying it more than the Saturn as well. The only set back right now is getting a new battery, so that is the first priority getting a xs power d2400 under the hood and then were rolling.

My next oil change is going to cost me a $100 bucks, need to rethread the drain plug since its been stripped. :suicide-santa:

Right on, I still haven't heard this sub, it's been sitting in my room since I brought it home. I need some money so I can get some enclosures built for the Z and SAs, school doesn't pay very well. :suicide-santa: That blows about the stripped plug, you could buy a tap/die set and do it yourself for about the same price and have some tools too if you wanted.

Right on, I still haven't heard this sub, it's been sitting in my room since I brought it home. I need some money so I can get some enclosures built for the Z and SAs, school doesn't pay very well. :suicide-santa: That blows about the stripped plug, you could buy a tap/die set and do it yourself for about the same price and have some tools too if you wanted.

You would have to drop the oil pan anyways to clear any shavings out. That's the time consuming expensive part if you have a shop do it. More than likely a crossmember is prohibiting the pan from easily being removed. Might not be an issue but it normally is.

They sell oversized drain plugs at the hardware and parts store. The Oversized plug starts tapered and has slots for the die action.

oversize_oil_drain_plug.jpg

And yes I have personally used them. VERY cheap fix you can install yourself when you change the oil.

They sell oversized drain plugs at the hardware and parts store. The Oversized plug starts tapered and has slots for the die action.

oversize_oil_drain_plug.jpg

And yes I have personally used them. VERY cheap fix you can install yourself when you change the oil.

^^These can be a life saver!!

That would probably work great. :fing34:

Thanks guys as that is what im currently using but I dont want to keep paying for a temporary fix that will end up adding up to how much it would cost to do a permanent fix.

Nothing new that deserves any pictures to be taken, most of the work has been much needed under the hood maintenance/dirty work. I installed the bass remote for the amp but have not decided where I want to run the cord for the remote, Im thinking down the center console where I plan on running my rca's when I get headunit installed. I will be ordering one of my 6.5" Oxygen Audio speakers on Monday or Tuesday, so the ones on the first page will be up for grabs if anyone is interested. Speaker wire is ran on both sides of the car for mids and highs, I finished the Big 1 - engine block to frame upgrade on the previous page. Im waiting to get a new battery before i finish the Big 3 wiring as I already have the wire now. Right now im in a bind when it comes to a subwoofers, Im currently thinking about:

3 - Fi Q 10"s (3500 amp)

2 - Fi Q 12's (2500 amp)

AA Mayhem 15" (3500 amp)

Either setup will be in 4ft^3 after displacement ported enclosure, tuned around 28-31hz. Im looking for a daily ground pounder with a brutal low end.

I made an amp board for my mids and highs amp, I have the Sundown SAX-125.2 (highs) mounted on the board already, just need to purchase my Incriminator Audio IA6.4 (mids) so I can mount it on the board. More than likely this will be going in the wheel well unless plans change so I probably wont cover the wood and leave it as is, I will add another piece of wood under this that is the actual size of the wheel well. Once that is made I will glue the two boards together and then bolt them down to the bottom of the trunk.

med_gallery_7913_319_49534.jpg

Nothing new that deserves any pictures to be taken, most of the work has been much needed under the hood maintenance/dirty work. I installed the bass remote for the amp but have not decided where I want to run the cord for the remote, Im thinking down the center console where I plan on running my rca's when I get headunit installed. I will be ordering one of my 6.5" Oxygen Audio speakers on Monday or Tuesday, so the ones on the first page will be up for grabs if anyone is interested. Speaker wire is ran on both sides of the car for mids and highs, I finished the Big 1 - engine block to frame upgrade on the previous page. Im waiting to get a new battery before i finish the Big 3 wiring as I already have the wire now. Right now im in a bind when it comes to a subwoofers, Im currently thinking about:

3 - Fi Q 10"s (3500 amp)

2 - Fi Q 12's (2500 amp)

AA Mayhem 15" (3500 amp)

Either setup will be in 4ft^3 after displacement ported enclosure, tuned around 28-31hz. Im looking for a daily ground pounder with a brutal low end.

I made an amp board for my mids and highs amp, I have the Sundown SAX-125.2 (highs) mounted on the board already, just need to purchase my Incriminator Audio IA6.4 (mids) so I can mount it on the board. More than likely this will be going in the wheel well unless plans change so I probably wont cover the wood and leave it as is, I will add another piece of wood under this that is the actual size of the wheel well. Once that is made I will glue the two boards together and then bolt them down to the bottom of the trunk.

med_gallery_7913_319_49534.jpg

Nice little up-to-do-date. I wish I had the cash money for HLCDs. Oh well next year or so. You are still running mini horns?

Yeah mini-hons are still the plans, just gotta sell some things first that I have sitting around and I will begin to slowly by things and install them.

Debating on HLCD's still since company is starting to have internal issues at moment.

No HLCD's?

No HLCD's?

Oh they are coming, these are just to hold me over for the moment. Planning on moving here within the next month or two so dishing out $650 on horns is not priority but believe me I will have them hopefully before summer is over with. Thats when I want this build close to done.

:woot: To new toy's. I like the look of those tweeters.

Good luck with moving.

Looking good man! Keep up the good work!

Come up with any more ideas for the sub stage?

Looking good man! Keep up the good work!

Come up with any more ideas for the sub stage?

Appreciate it, naw not yet.