Infinite913

AA Mayhem 18" VS SMD 18"

Which one should I do.... I have a SAZ3k and power to back it up.... I already have a box built to seven cubes tuned to 33hz that I was using for my BTL but I offed that to get a new sub. Give me some input!!!!!!! A few more things This is going in a 96 jimmy with 3 layers of second skin and for power as of right now we have a 300amp iraggi alt with the process of building a bracket for the 2nd alt I have sitting here. Batts we have a yellow top under hood and a bt120 shuriken in the back. I have 3 runs of 1/0 monster cable 2 from the alt and one connecting batts. I have 6 grounds of 1/0 1 that goes from that batt front to back and other 5 go directly to chasis.

A video of the BTL before I sold it:

Goals you'd like to achieve?

C'mon you know the deal ;)

Well I like to bass race not so much into BURPING! class doesnt matter to me prob stick in the 139.9 thats what I did with the BTL

Im surprised you're getting the second alt! I run a 260 iraggi, shuriken bt120 and a saz3000d and have no problem with low voltage! But then again i'm not into that competing stuff... I have no experience with either woofers but for some reason i just love the mayhem! its probably just the name..

Well I like to bass race not so much into BURPING! class doesnt matter to me prob stick in the 139.9 thats what I did with the BTL

Well around here I have always read that the Mayhem tends to be a bit louder than the BTL on music but the BTL tends to be a bit louder on the meter. Been away for a little while, got some catchin up to do on how people are liking their S.M.D.s.

SMD Dave, you know!

Ya but D, You already know its a price thing and the question at hand is the SMD gunna get me there or will the MAYHEM take me to the same place? and which one will meter better? You already know the malibu is about to be the DEMO machine!

Plus it has super gay initials. Who'd want anything with an SMD on it? Copying a tool isn't something I'd aspire to.

Plus it has super gay initials. Who'd want anything with an SMD on it? Copying a tool isn't something I'd aspire to.

:roflmao:

What was the point of the video? Do you want your next sub to move your window more or less?

What was the point of the video? Do you want your next sub to move your window more or less?

to share a video.....and flex doesnt so much matter just wanting to know what would be the better choice of the 2 for daily

Don't forget his signature adds about 120 dB's

to share a video.....and flex doesnt so much matter just wanting to know what would be the better choice of the 2 for daily

After talking to the dealer Brian on here when I was interested in one, he was telling me that the SMD is more musical than the the Mayhem. As far as db numbers it is hard to say which one will be better, just my input.

Drum roll pleaseeeeeee............................................................ THE MAYHEM 18" is the WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!