swagger_wagon468

Question about running a 4cannel amp with just 2 on

Well im almost done with my Bravox components install and I was wonderin, could I just hook those up to 2 of the channels and not use the rear. No bridging... just using the 2 channels alone. I just want to hear them before I install my rear.

Thanks.

Dont install the rear fill and install the speakers on the 2 channels bridged, trust me you will thank me later. You can hook them up to 2 channels but they will be receiving a small amount of power so it would be useless in my eyes. Since you got a good pair of components give them the power they need to perform well.

Your sub will drown out your rear fill unless your speakers are highly efficient.

Why wouldnt they work? They will produce power which in turn will produce sound from your speakers.

Trust. Connect the rears to the amp first they sound 100x louder than HU power they keep up with sub my and sound good...connect one with a small cable close to the amp and connect just to see how they sound your ears will hurt.

Trust. Connect the rears to the amp first they sound 100x louder than HU power they keep up with sub my and sound good...connect one with a small cable close to the amp and connect just to see how they sound your ears will hurt.

Even on amp power those rears wont keep up with his 18" xcon especially being placed in the rear area of the vehicle.

OP even if you did want to run those speakers in the rear then get another amp cause trust me the power levels you want to use on that Boss Amp are at 4 ohms bridged. The power levels the booklet stats are peak levels and not rms levels, just a heads up.

He has a wagon there not on a rear deck they will not be getting the air pressure the sub is going to produce. I have 2 12's on 1600 rms and they keep up fine running 100rms to each and they sound nicely over the sub.

Im going to try both ways. I will Probly put the rears in and keep them in untill I get my amp for my XCON. Then if I like them with the sub, the ill keep them. If I don't then ill bridge the amp for the components.

If I were to bridge them later... would I still need the 2nd rca? Or a splitter?

Sorry if these r" simple" questions for you guys. This is my first install whatsoever.

thanks.

He has a wagon there not on a rear deck they will not be getting the air pressure the sub is going to produce. I have 2 12's on 1600 rms and they keep up fine running 100rms to each and they sound nicely over the sub.

Haha your right, OP listen to this guy and run the components off the first two channels and your rear fill off the back two channels while each channel sends 50 watts to speakers.

If you like the rears, then it means you screwed up the install on the fronts. I hope you didn't just bolt those nice drivers into the stock mounts....

Im going to try both ways. I will Probly put the rears in and keep them in untill I get my amp for my XCON. Then if I like them with the sub, the ill keep them. If I don't then ill bridge the amp for the components.

If I were to bridge them later... would I still need the 2nd rca? Or a splitter?

Sorry if these r" simple" questions for you guys. This is my first install whatsoever.

thanks.

Yes cause technically your still running all four channels thats why you still need to have another set of rca's or splitter if you run a 4 channel amp bridge. No problem with these questions, better to be safe then sorry.

Even on amp power those rears wont keep up with his 18" xcon especially being placed in the rear area of the vehicle.

OP even if you did want to run those speakers in the rear then get another amp cause trust me the power levels you want to use on that Boss Amp are at 4 ohms bridged. The power levels the booklet stats are peak levels and not rms levels, just a heads up.

Are u saying the amp is 85wx4 peak? On the group buy thread is says Rms. Bravox speakers are 80 Rms.

And in my wagon, my rear speakers are on my hatch. Behind where my sub will be.

Thats exactly what im saying, I emailed Steve Mantz the person who made the amps and asked him for myself. Put the components on the amp bridged and you will be set.

If your rear speakers are on your hatch behind your subs then sell your rear fill and spend that money on materials to help your door shine when you put in the Bravox. That will be useless as some of us stated earlier, unless you have pa speakers or something behind those subs you wont even hear them (even with pa speakers you wont hear them over the sub).

The REV-665 puts out plenty of power. Don't get caught up in numbers.

I'm prety sure you will still hear the rears. And when your cruising and don't want to bump the sub then were will the rears be? If you don't like the rears keep them off HU power and bridge the amp. Regardless, if your running the amp bridged you still need all 4 rca's.

So many different views on this subject. Keep them comin.

Go install those speakers behind your sub and let me know if you can still here them, if thats the case I may install some in my tunk lid. :peepwall:

Go install those speakers behind your sub and let me know if you can still here them, if thats the case I may install some in my tunk lid. :peepwall:

According to a previous post, he doesn't have the sub amp yet? If he can't hear it once he puts the sub in, bridged up front is the way to go. :drink40:

According to a previous post, he doesn't have the sub amp yet? If he can't hear it once he puts the sub in, bridged up front is the way to go. :drink40:

My whole point was when has the sub and sub amp in :Doh:

OP there are other threads on the rear fill issue as well, do some research under the speakers / sub section if you want to do some more reading.

I'm prety sure you will still hear the rears.

Which by default completely kills ALL staging

Ok... so I decided that the Bravox comps are plenty. I hooked up the type r's to the amp and set them in my backseat... not even all the way in the hatch where they would go. And I honestly couldn't even hear them over my comps. So there's absolutely no way I will be able to hear them over my sub.

So... now I want to bridge the comps. I've searched on how to do it. But only found how to setup the speaker wire. Not the rcas. Do I just need one rca and 2 splitters? Or just 2 rcas. Or either would work? Thanks

-jonathan

If you only got one set of 2 channel rca's already then just go buy you some y-splitters (1 female to 2 males), this will be the cheapest route. Turn your gain down on the amp some as well, headroom can be your friend but your enemy if used wrong.

Yeah I knew those 5x7''s wouldnt be heard over the Bravox.

:drink40: