An-i-no

Powerbass looks really dope.

Has anyone here ever owned or had experience with a Powerbass amp? I was looking at this and it looks to be a little powerhouse and they're claiming to be super efficient which would be a real plus since I'm looking to keep my stock alt. Any feedback is appreciated.

Has anyone here ever owned or had experience with a Powerbass amp? I was looking at this and it looks to be a little powerhouse and they're claiming to be super efficient which would be a real plus since I'm looking to keep my stock alt. Any feedback is appreciated.

Can't find any reviews on it. Could be worth it? I'm not really sure. I notice it has 3 40 amp fuses which is promising. But so does my AQ and it's $249 shipped :P

Edited by xAndrewx

A buddy of mine is a Powerbass dealer, absolutely LOVES their stuff, especially for the money. He's got two similar sound-off cars, one with all Fosgate gear (he's also a certified RF dealer), one with Powerbass. Same tunes, same power... RF car hit 157.8, Powerbass car hit 158.2.... with about 65% of the equipment costs.

powerbass amps are good amps but if you can find an older extreme powerbass 1500.1 they are MUCH better!!!! imo

A buddy of mine is a Powerbass dealer, absolutely LOVES their stuff, especially for the money. He's got two similar sound-off cars, one with all Fosgate gear (he's also a certified RF dealer), one with Powerbass. Same tunes, same power... RF car hit 157.8, Powerbass car hit 158.2.... with about 65% of the equipment costs.

Not the same then.

Not the same then.

x2, different vehicle, different cabin characteristics. Hell even tearing out a whole system and reinstalling in the same car is bound to be different on the TL.

powerbass amps are good amps but if you can find an older extreme powerbass 1500.1 they are MUCH better!!!! imo

Not sure if this is the series you were talking about being better but i have always been told these were the best amps Powerbass ever put out... but that is just my opinion

i would consider this first http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Mono-Car-Amplifier/NEW-POWERBASS-XA-1500D-1500-WATT-RMS-MONO-CAR-AMPLIFIER/XA-1500D.aspx

as mentioned above buying an AQ amp would be 1st on my list for an amp below 2k rms and the price range

http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=26 or maybe a sundown amp if you can find a good price somewhere, do all of your research before you buy anything, then narrow it down

based on your goals and budget.

I would go with this amp.

Audio Que 1,200

Yeah, I'm considering the audioque as well. How do you like your DB Drive amp? When I was shopping some of their stuff was so cheap it seemed like crap lol.

What do you guys think of the Soundstream RUB1.1600? It's reaaaaaaaal cheap....Soundstream amps usually make rated power so durability is all i'd be worried about.

And as for that Powerbass XA-1500, I did a little google search and found that alot of people were returning those for warranty service and a lot of people hated them. Even though it was just one link to some forum I can't remember, that's odds I'd rather not play against.

Edited by An-i-no

Not sure if this is the series you were talking about being better but i have always been told these were the best amps Powerbass ever put out... but that is just my opinion

i would consider this first http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Mono-Car-Amplifier/NEW-POWERBASS-XA-1500D-1500-WATT-RMS-MONO-CAR-AMPLIFIER/XA-1500D.aspx

as mentioned above buying an AQ amp would be 1st on my list for an amp below 2k rms and the price range

http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=26 or maybe a sundown amp if you can find a good price somewhere, do all of your research before you buy anything, then narrow it down

based on your goals and budget.

Yea the older powerbass xa's are much better than the new ones

Im torn between and AQ 3500.1 or a powerbass XA4kd any ideas!!

Those new AQ's are supposed to be BEASTS Jeff If it where me I'd go that route But then again, if where really me I'd go with an AP AQX35001. :)

Not the same then.

x2, different vehicle, different cabin characteristics. Hell even tearing out a whole system and reinstalling in the same car is bound to be different on the TL.

All I was saying, was that the Powerbass gear was an excellent example of good, clean power for much less coin that RF.

Not knocking your guys' knowledge, you obviously compete. I don't, never have, don't ever intend on it. I just enjoy clear sound, and moderately loud listening levels. I doubt my system even approaches 145db, I don't know, never been on a meter. But it sounds great for MY application.

There may be other amp companies that make gear better than PB for less money, someone mentioned AQ...

Those new AQ's are supposed to be BEASTS Jeff If it where me I'd go that route But then again, if where really me I'd go with an AP AQX35001. :)

x2 or ap30001d. :)

OP, you can get an audiopipe ap15001d for around 160 shipped.

Audioque... a car audio brand...

Audioque's Website

I'm insulted Shogen! Do I come across as that slow lol???

Anyway he said "New" as in "just released" which is why I'm intrigued...I see that the site is new (the old one sucked huge monkey balls) but did the amps get some kind of secret upgrades or remodeling?

they look the same to me... but i could be wrong...