brady427

Need help with SL-i

Im looking to put a pair of sl-i10 in my dodge quad cab. The box will be fitting underneath the seat with dual .57 cu. ft. chambers. I need to know if this is enough airspace to run these, and also how much power to run to them. I am looking at either a KX 850.2, or maybe a KX1200.1 or something to that sort. Also, i shoud use polyfill in the box...right?

I dont remember Sound Splinter coming out with a SL-i.

Check out the website, it will have all the information you need

www.soundsplinter.com

Its called a RL-i ;)

0.57 cu ft sealed per RL-i10 is just fine for these drivers (0.4 - 0.8 cu ft sealed being my most common recommendation).

I would suggest powering them with anywhere from 250 - 350 watts per driver.

Or just get the CEO to telll you everything :P

In my experience poly fill has always made the box sound better. In general you should never add more than one pound of fill per cubic foot. Adding a pound per cubic foot usually increases the preceived box size by 30%.

This doesn't neccesarily mean that polyfill is a good idea bc you box could become too large. In my case I typically add about .3 or .5 pounds per cubic foot. I seems to make the box sound more solid and less ringy.

If I can recall the website I'll post something again, I had to do with some guys lab findings on using polyfill etc. The main point was that your speaker creates heat when it compresses and rareifies (sp?) air. If you don't have polyfill the walls of the box heat up (not much but were talking lab measurements here) and they vibrate more. When you have a box with polyfill the fibers themselves tend to heat up because of the movement. In any event his conclusion was that polyfill is nearly always a good idea.

later,

b

Or just get the CEO to telll you everything :P

In my experience poly fill has always made the box sound better. In general you should never add more than one pound of fill per cubic foot. Adding a pound per cubic foot usually increases the preceived box size by 30%.

This doesn't neccesarily mean that polyfill is a good idea bc you box could become too large. In my case I typically add about .3 or .5 pounds per cubic foot. I seems to make the box sound more solid and less ringy.

If I can recall the website I'll post something again, I had to do with some guys lab findings on using polyfill etc. The main point was that your speaker creates heat when it compresses and rareifies (sp?) air. If you don't have polyfill the walls of the box heat up (not much but were talking lab measurements here) and they vibrate more. When you have a box with polyfill the fibers themselves tend to heat up because of the movement. In any event his conclusion was that polyfill is nearly always a good idea.

later,

b

Here is that website I was talking about. http://www.silcom.com/~aludwig/Loudspeaker..._a_sound_sponge

hope that helps

Any pics? I might do the same in my PU.