onebadmonte

Quad Alt Brkt for the Masses

Just showing off a bit and get myself motivated to finish (ahem, get started) on my build. So what do we have here?

DSC02895.jpg

Oh, yes I did!

DSC02893.jpg

Here something a bit closer.

DSC02894.jpg

The main bracket.

DSC02898.jpg

Overall it's a nice bracket. Spacers are welded onto the bracket, which is a nice touch to ease installation. There is even a strategically placed bend in the bracket for rigidity. High quality fasteners are used throughout the kit. The instructions included are some of the best I've seen. There are lots of words and for those of us with the attention span of a fly there are color pictures as well. Stay tuned for my trials and tribulations installing this monster and upgrading my electrical. For now feel free and ask away. Flame suit on. :P

That is one nice **s bracket!!!!! Big $$ to load it up though. Look forward to seeing it all setup!!

That is one nice **s bracket!!!!! Big $$ to load it up though. Look forward to seeing it all setup!!

This build is going to be overkill on a budget. Lots of craigslist deals and crap I bought on a whim because it was cheap. :P There will be a lot of smashed thumbs and stuff too heavy for me to lift. It should be fun.

man that looks great i hope mine gets here soon i have been waiting patiently for it and troy is great to work with

No flame suit needed ;)

No flame suit needed ;)

You never know. Ancient Chinese Proverb states: "Haters gonna hate!" :peepwall:

:drink40:

That's stupid, quad bracket? you don't need 4 alternators. Just put a optima battery in the back and call it a day. :lol2:

The Bracket, pulleys, and bearings all show amazing craftsmanship. If I ever need a bracket I'll definitely go through tejcurrent.

So in order for this to fit, what all is being removed? AC?

That's stupid, quad bracket? you don't need 4 alternators. Just put a optima battery in the back and call it a day. :lol2:

The Bracket, pulleys, and bearings all show amazing craftsmanship. If I ever need a bracket I'll definitely go through tejcurrent.

Nothing gets removed. No functionality is lost. It all win. More alts, more amperage, lots of power. Nothing but love. :)

Wow, looks great. What alts are going on that beast?

Wow, looks great. What alts are going on that beast?

Flame suit on.

Home brewed AD244 guesstimated rating 200amps, 120 at idle.

Nothing gets removed. No functionality is lost. It all win. More alts, more amperage, lots of power. Nothing but love. :)

That's pretty wild, most setups with dual alts require the ac to be removed :D Excited to see photos of the before and after engine bay :morepower1:

Looks sweet.

Any SSA meet in the near future ? I wanna hear something, haha.

Nothing yet. It's hard finding a spot when someone in the group is metering 149.9 :P Maybe when the cold leaves we can get something going. By the way thanks. How's the Durango? I have a feeling you're changing it up.

This is going in the cutlass? What monstrous amp/sub combo are you planning? That kit looks amazing! In for pics.

This is going in the cutlass? What monstrous amp/sub combo are you planning? That kit looks amazing! In for pics.

No, not in the cutlass. I don't think the little engine could turn over 4 alts and move the car. Lol. This is for my Suburban. The planned system is a pair of DD9515 off of a pair of Cresendo 3KWP.

Woot! This is gonna be one hell of a build! I get back on the 20th so if you need an extra hand let me know. I just bought a 2006 Cadillac DTS that will need some work as well.

Woot! This is gonna be one hell of a build! I get back on the 20th so if you need an extra hand let me know. I just bought a 2006 Cadillac DTS that will need some work as well.

I'm cited. I've got family in for the holidays. I've got the week after Christmas free. I'll let you know. A Caddy now huh? Now there's some big car comfort. :)

im hating on you as i type this :D

:morepower1:

im hating on you as i type this :D

:morepower1:

:) Just kicking it up a notch.

Nice! Yeah I thought you had another vehicle. Do you have a build log for the Suburban? If not, you should make one!

Nice! Yeah I thought you had another vehicle. Do you have a build log for the Suburban? If not, you should make one!

No build log yet. As soon as I get some stuff together I'll get one going. :)