BIGDROCH

Fosgate Power 2500BD vs Sundown SAZ-2500?

I'm going to be powering 2ea Fully Loaded 4" Voice Coil FI Audio BL15's (1,500rms ea) and I currently have a Rockford Fosgate Power 2500bd-1 Amp but i'm curious how the Sundown SAZ-2500, SAZ-3500 and the SAZ-4500 Compare to the Power 2500. I have 2 power 2500's right now still in the box which box say over 3,100 watts ea at 1ohm. The biggest reason I ask about the comparison is the cost of the SAZ-4500 is the same cost at the Power 2500. Is there just too much brand name mark up in the Power 2500 or is it a solid amp for the money? My Power 2500 Birth Sheets say...

IMG-20101027-00108.jpg

Definitely name brand mark up! Lol, but seriously, not worth the extra money if you ask me knowing how good sundown amps are. And correct me if i'm wrong, but don't the rockford's have a set ssf at 28 hz?

Definitely name brand mark up! Lol, but seriously, not worth the extra money if you ask me knowing how good sundown amps are. And correct me if i'm wrong, but don't the rockford's have a set ssf at 28 hz?

Call me a retard, but I don't know what "ssf" is or what it means lol. Sorry. I use the power series for stereo's i do for other people and I know the power series makes good power but was just curious if the Sundowns were truly making the power they're claiming to make. I've heard alot about sundown and I know they're good amps, and I'm in no way at all trying to put them down, i'm just looking for experienced info on them vs the power 2500. Because it looks like I can get a Sundown SAZ-4500 for the price of the Power 2500....

Small Background info on what i'm working with....

((I'll be running a HO 270amp alt ( I can only run 1 because they don't make a Dual Alt Kit for the 5.9L Cummins Diesel) and I'll be running 2 0 gauge lines to the back from 2ea separate Kinetik 2400 batteries straight to 3ea 3800 batteries then 2 0ga lines up to the fuse block to power my amps. )))

There are plenty of videos with people using Sundowns.

Sundown can create a huge amount of power, but it takes power to make power.

Their amps are able to run at .5 ohms, not recommended, and I won't be doing so, but I've seen and heard from people who own their equipment, nothing but good things.

They underrated their products greatly.

My two crappy cents lol

Oh SSF = Sub Sonic Filter

OHHHH LMAO! Ya Sub Sonic Filter, Of course. Yes, sorry, I'm very familiar with SSF. didn't even think of it abbreviated. Honestly I don't know what Fosgates SSF is, I set them for stereos I do because most people don't know what to listen for when something goes too low or when the woofers are bottoming out but on my own stereo's I don't use the SSF.

So everybody would run a SAZ-4500 over a Power 2500? I'm guessing " Hells Yes! " ?

The 3500D and 4500D will both be significantly more powerful than those amps and the 2500D will be similar in power.

The 3500D and 4500D will both be significantly more powerful than those amps and the 2500D will be similar in power.

Figured as much.

I paid $1,100 for 2 2500's from a guy who bought them and had to sell them before he got to use them so i got the 2500's for a smokin deal, and I guess if I ran linked for around 6,000 watts....

Then should I run Twin 2500's or 1 SAZ-4500?

Figured as much.

I paid $1,100 for 2 2500's from a guy who bought them and had to sell them before he got to use them so i got the 2500's for a smokin deal, and I guess if I ran linked for around 6,000 watts....

Birth sheets mean nothing.

Figured as much.

I agree for the most part that they don't, but I tend to believe that they're more believable on the highest line made by well known companies companies, such as Fosgate Power Series, JL Audio, etc. Fosgates Power series seems to put out good power, from what I've installed and built using them. For example, Here's a simple sixth order I built for a kid using a Power 1500bd and 1 FI audio BL15. Videos are probably worth a little more then birth sheets i guess. But I want to get my hands on some Sundowns and run them! I love new Legit Power brands and solutions :)

Those amps are better suited for BTL's.

Those amps are better suited for BTL's.

Ya, for the BL15's since I got the 4" voice coil option which bumps their RMS power to 1500 each, I was thinking either 1ea 2500bd which i already own 2 of, or 1ea Sundown SAZ-3500.

I'll see if I can come across on a good deal on a SAZ-3500...

You already have the rockfords..use them

I do, but both together would be too much power for them right? I suppose I could Multimeter the AC voltage output and convert it to watts output and put each amp around 2000 watts or so.....

Although..... I could probably sell one of the 2500s i have and a get a new SAZ-3500 for it.... or even a SAZ-4500......

That also sounds great! lol

Looks like $865 is the best deal I've found for a SAZ-3500. Anybody know of anywhere that sells them for less?

Figured as much.

I agree for the most part that they don't...

Either you agree or you don't...and you should. They do NOT test to standards meaning that it could be off by more than 50%, I don't expect it to be off that far but either way it isn't audible.

I agree for the most part that they don't...

Either you agree or you don't...and you should. They do NOT test to standards meaning that it could be off by more than 50%, I don't expect it to be off that far but either way it isn't audible.

The Fosgate Power Series amps are pricey, but have always delivered when put to good use.

Are there better amps out there for less money? Yes.

I think a SAZ-2500 vs a Power 2500 would be a good bench test that I'd be very curious to know the results of. I'm in no way predicting a winner, or betting on either one, just curious being that i'm considering an alternative to the 2ea 2500's I already own.

I'm only a few blocks away from the ARC AUDIO headquarters, I wonder if they'll bench the two Power 2500's I have......

Edited by DROCH CUSTOMS

Looks like $865 is the best deal I've found for a SAZ-3500. Anybody know of anywhere that sells them for less?

Nobody -- that is a pre-order special.

They are normally $1125

Pre-order is technically over... so dealers will be taking down the 865 price any day.

I do, but both together would be too much power for them right? I suppose I could Multimeter the AC voltage output and convert it to watts output and put each amp around 2000 watts or so.....

Although..... I could probably sell one of the 2500s i have and a get a new SAZ-3500 for it.... or even a SAZ-4500......

Use one?

Using the sundown would gain you what 3db? if that? Not to mention any power after they reach xmax is just heat. You don't need to give a sub 239482349 watts for it to perform well.

Use one?

Using the sundown would gain you what 3db? if that? Not to mention any power after they reach xmax is just heat. You don't need to give a sub 239482349 watts for it to perform well.

No No, I know that. My thought was If I use more power then i need then I would de-tune them and it would prevent them from running hot with the benefit of cleaner output. Me and Distortion are not friends lmao!

Use one?

No, 99% of the power put into the woofer is heat, why are you talking about xmax?

Nobody -- that is a pre-order special.

They are normally $1125

Pre-order is technically over... so dealers will be taking down the 865 price any day.

That's too bad. Okay then i'll hold off for the next one. Wish I had known about it. Thanks.

Arc Audio is going to Bench Test my Rockford Fosgate Power T2500-1bdCP amps against the Birth Sheets that they came with.

It's going down Tomorrow, I will update when i get the new tested sheets.

I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm just curious for myself to see the outcome and if it's remotely even close to what came in the box.

Stay Tuned if you're interested as well.

Also, Thank you to everybody who helped.