Sign in to follow this  
MalibuOn22s

1-18" BTL or 2-18" Xcons???

Here is my dilema.

The xcons are asking like 8 cubes each...well 6-10. I can realistically only give them 6 each if that.

Should I get 2 18" Xcons with a smaller box for them and only 1500 watts each?

Or should I got with 1 18" FI BTL? Full powered around 2500-3000 watts in a 8+ Cubic foot box?

I will be running a Audiopipe 30001d which I just ordered. And it will give me 3,000 watts at 2 Ohms Bridged

So what would you guys do? One stronger 18" in the perfect box with perfect power. Or 2 xcons with a lesser box a power?

what are your dimensions for an enclosure? You don't sound very sure how much volume you really have. After driver, port, bracing displacement your net volume will be significantly less then your guess / gross. (as shizz stated in chat :P )

Here is my dilema.

The xcons are asking like 8 cubes each...well 6-10. I can realistically only give them 6 each if that.

Should I get 2 18" Xcons with a smaller box for them and only 1500 watts each?

Or should I got with 1 18" FI BTL? Full powered around 2500-3000 watts in a 8+ Cubic foot box?

I will be running a Audiopipe 30001d which I just ordered. And it will give me 3,000 watts at 2 Ohms Bridged

So what would you guys do? One stronger 18" in the perfect box with perfect power. Or 2 xcons with a lesser box a power?

1 18 inch BTL, bam your done. Now order it, fab the box, hook it up and drum!

Your Welcome!

what are your dimensions for an enclosure? You don't sound very sure how much volume you really have. After driver, port, bracing displacement your net volume will be significantly less then your guess / gross. (as shizz stated in chat :P )

I will have over 8 cubes after everything is said in done if I only do 1. I wanna save as much as my back seat as possible lol.

I will have over 8 cubes after everything is said in done if I only do 1. I wanna save as much as my back seat as possible lol.

well if you want to save as much room as possible, then do a single 18". Smaller box = more storage room. no brainer... If you want more output and have the appropriate net volume then 2 18s would be the way to go.

well if you want to save as much room as possible, then do a single 18". Smaller box = more storage room. no brainer... If you want more output and have the appropriate net volume then 2 18s would be the way to go.

Thats my problem..... I can probably only go max of 12 cubes with 2. So would 2 xcons on 6 cubes at 1500 watts each be better than 1 btl in 8 cubes with 2500+ watts?

Should've read my post. Unless you are just doing this to raise your post count here is the answer....

You will make up for your lack of power (even if you don't have a lack of power you won't need AS MUCH power to reach the mechanical limits of the sub) with as large of an enclosure (within recommended specs) as you can build.

Do a single BTL 18

There ya go.

Saves you some coin, less strain on your electrical system, everything is good.

Decision time is done. :fing34:

Edited by holley2346

Should've read my post. Unless you are just doing this to raise your post count here is the answer....

You will make up for your lack of power (even if you don't have a lack of power you won't need AS MUCH power to reach the mechanical limits of the sub) with as large of an enclosure (within recommended specs) as you can build.

Do a single BTL 18

There ya go.

Saves you some coin, less strain on your electrical system, everything is good.

Decision time is done. :fing34:

Couldnt of said it better. You can do the 1 btl and only need at the most like 7 cubes and do the correct tuning for your vehicle. Or do it right and get a K E or talk with ARGENT about building you a box. I have an ARGENT AUDIO box and I had my BTL in it with 3k and it was down right dirty.

and there you go DECESION made now FORK OUT THAT COIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I attest to Andrew from Argent Audio making awesome boxes. :)

Few more small Qs I'm not familiar with

P Chamfer?

Cooling?

HiXmCoil?

Universal?

Not familiar with these custom options

P Chamfer?

Cooling?

HiXmCoil?

Universal?

P chamfer is automatically included in cooling...

You DO want cooling, it increases the thermal capacity of the sub and allows it to run cooler

You DO want the HiXmCoil, it ads xmax and from personal experience it DOES make the sub much more intense

Universal.... you only want it if you'd ever have to recone the sub to a different coil resistance (for wiring changes)

I have had what you are doing. You will absolutely love the 3k + BTL

P Chamfer?

Cooling?

HiXmCoil?

Universal?

You DO want cooling, it increases the thermal capacity of the sub and allows it to run cooler

You DO want the HiXmCoil, it ads xmax and from personal experience it DOES make the sub much more intense

Universal.... you only want it if you'd ever have to recone the sub to a different coil resistance (for wiring changes)

sickkkk....thanks for all of your help :)

P Chamfer?

Cooling?

HiXmCoil?

Universal?

No problem, you will now have the power to turn heads, shake anything around you, and control your heart beat..... use your new found power wisely... well you will but what's important is how big of a smile your going to have the first time you hit that crazy low bass note and stuff goes flying inside your vehicle. :drink40:

Edited by holley2346

P Chamfer?

Cooling?

HiXmCoil?

Universal?

No problem, you will now have the power to turn heads, shake anything around you, and control your heart beat..... use your new found power wisely... well you will but what's important is how big of a smile your going to have the first time you hit that crazy low bass note and stuff goes flying inside your vehicle. :drink40:

yea I had a 18" Solo X in my 03 yukon before I got this malibu but it was only on 1500 watts and it quaked. Hopefully this will be a step up :)

yea I had a 18" Solo X in my 03 yukon before I got this malibu but it was only on 1500 watts and it quaked. Hopefully this will be a step up :)

You have NO idea.

this thread is alittle shakey. Comparing a single 18 to 2-18s :ughdunno:

For about the same sound Q i will be going with 1-18" BTL N2 on 2,500 watts in a 8 ish cube box :)