vladd

the most awesome ride

Lol ok ok its just my crappy stratus but i'm bored and want to post pics

this is how she looked when i bought her, now she is...exactly the same

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/vladd06/306777281.jpg

This is the install...i like the "rugged" look, or perhaps its bondage...all those loose wires.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/vladd...nstalled003.jpg

here's a trunk shot....i have enough room for...maybe some tortillas.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/vladd...nstalled004.jpg

i threw nasty flat black paint on the boxes so that you don't see the boxes so much

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/vladd...-14-05_1916.jpg

I took out hte 6x9s from the rear and am having my fajah cover it in black vinyl. I'm also going to do the door panels.

I need recommendations on a new enclosure though, i'm probably going to do fiberglass and i'm not sure i want to keep the 15s, they're awesome and everyone is amazed they fit in there, but i need some trunk space and i want room to work with and do something neat. A nice stealthy install.

Edited by vladd

uhmm

those pics SUCK !

don't be hatin' some of the pics were taken with a very nice nikon 8mp digicam, the other were taken with my camera phone

the dirty carpet and glue marks on the boxes adds tons of dbz too

So much for trunk space...sheesh

Downgrade to 1 15 or do them Infinite baffle

yea i tried to img tags and it denied me, i'm not l33t enough i guess :-(

yea trunk space is a little on the small side, but its a big car, i have tons of back seat.

I've seriously considered IB but i'm not sure how it'd sound.

I figure my next setup will use 12s unless the 15s need very little space.

IB SQ is great, very flat responce...however you will loose as much as 10dB (your ported now right?) and 6dB average and thats assumeing you can apply the same power to the drivers.

IB SQ is great, very flat responce...however you will loose as much as 10dB (your ported now right?) and 6dB average and thats assumeing you can apply the same power to the drivers.

ASSUMING is the key word. I highly doubt he could even give them half. And the pain you would go through to seal them with that rear deck. I feel for you if you go this route.

Any cancellation issues thus far?

lol i'm so new to car audio i wouldn't know cancellation if it smacked me in the face. And yea the rear deck looks like swiss cheese, if i was going to seal it i'd just sand the hell out of it and weld some old sheet metal over the spots, it'd probably be easier than anything

Buttt that sounds like a lot of pain to get better SQ but what seems to be a huge loss in SPL.

and do you mean i'd be giving less power because of the loss of the boxes and impedance rise?

When running IB, you virtually have no resistance on the cone for cone control as you would in an enclosure. Therefore, you are at the mercy of the driver's suspension and it's limits in concerns to power handling.

yummy, so with my 900-1000W i'd probably kill the suspension, no fun there

ah, who needs an alt anyway? thats like oil, you only need it for a while

i'm really drawn to the XXX's because of all the hype, I think i might try to pick two up next year when the scholarship money comes in. Make them 12s and see if they're as good as everyone says.

Edited by vladd

IB would be the only way I'd go if I ever bought a vehicle with a trunk, which is highly unlikely as I hate the things, but there's something very cool about opening it up and seeing the moofer's asses hanging there, as well as having subs in your rear deck :)

But I'm an SQ guy first, and output second...

IB would be the only way I'd go if I ever bought a vehicle with a trunk, which is highly unlikely as I hate the things, but there's something very cool about opening it up and seeing the moofer's asses hanging there, as well as having subs in your rear deck :)

But I'm an SQ guy first, and output second...

actually what i was thinking was if i went IB, just seal the deck and keept he speakers the way they are now. I realize it'd be a lot more work, but i think it'd look better. I was thinking maybe weld angle iron onto the sides and put holes, have a piece of MDF cut to the right shape and have it attach at the sides the angle iron. Hopefully someone understands that.

Not too bad after the black paint and hiding the wires... but the enclosures are not sittin alright beside each other for some reason..

i know and i've stuffed blankets on the sides to try to fix that, but i think the bottom of the trunk just isn't flat, i can't figure it out to save my life. it looks really crappy with all the loose cloth stuffed around it but man it sounds a lot better

Errr, you got that thing Wally-rigged eh? Best part is it looks wose than a BB/CC install, but I am sure that it sounds thousands of times better. Would be easy to dress up though.

i used to have an old pop bottled wedged in the back of it to keep it from moving around....but that was tight (lol)

i considered carpeting them but its not worth my time, i want a new setup maybe glass boxes this time around, maybe IB, who knows

Do IB foo....

I would give someone props if they had 2 15's IB in their car.

Vladd, that looks loud

i don't know, lol. I mean its loud to me but i've never really heard any good systems. Jack frost heard it even though i couldn't find anything to show off the (lack of) freq response. His recommendation is to tune lower, others have said to tune lower without even hearing so i think i will...tune lower :-D