Hey Mark !! What are your goals with this sub, SQ or SPL ???

And will their be a pre-order??

No, we do not do that with our drivers.

As for goals, the Zcon is a high output driver that is still meant for high end daily listening. Where as the Xcon is a high end sound quality driver that is capable of high output. It seems as a few people did not understand that with the Xcon and drove them well past their limits, this is the answer to that. A few will remember that we prototyped this segment of driver about 2 years ago.

Okay....what's it gonna take to get 4 12's????????? Serious!!!!

lots of $$$$$ lol

The Decal rules I was told, said this thing needed to have simple colors, be universal, and still look good while having the pole vent center stamped out of it. Can't go with the carbon fiber look like my avatar, just to complicated to print. The flag has sharp edges which should print well. Idk, this thing is tougher then I thought to design.

I like the 2nd one man, but both look good.

I see some ZCONAGE in my substage rebuild.......

The Decal rules I was told, said this thing needed to have simple colors, be universal, and still look good while having the pole vent center stamped out of it. Can't go with the carbon fiber look like my avatar, just to complicated to print. The flag has sharp edges which should print well. Idk, this thing is tougher then I thought to design.

Do it without the carbon fiber then :P

Do it without the carbon fiber then :P

How are you cooling the voice coil? I was expecting to see an aluminum spacer or something. Just looks like a double stacked magnet when compared to an XCON.

I am excited to hear more about it.

I personally like the first sticker better :peepwall:

I am with Jay on this one, I think the first one is clean and to the point. :bigok:

How are you cooling the voice coil? I was expecting to see an aluminum spacer or something. Just looks like a double stacked magnet when compared to an XCON.

Different slug, different back plate (of course), different coil, different pole, yadda yadda you get the point. The cooling, which we can get into more later down the road, is different as it forces more air over the coil and not out the back of a pole vent. The reason for the hard cap on the Zcon is that it has the solid pole piece causing a great deal of air pressure behind the cone that would be too great for the "Xcon/Icon" dust cap. The Zcon does not have a shorting ring, as inductance in this market segment is not as paramount as it is in the SuperSub realm that the Xcon resides in.

A challenge for us is to help people, who are interested in our drivers to understand the design and intent differences between the Xcon and Zcon. Maybe I will need to make a topic about that in the near future to help clear up any possible confusion.

Different slug, different back plate (of course), different coil, different pole, yadda yadda you get the point. The cooling, which we can get into more later down the road, is different as it forces more air over the coil and not out the back of a pole vent. The reason for the hard cap on the Zcon is that it has the solid pole piece causing a great deal of air pressure behind the cone that would be too great for the "Xcon/Icon" dust cap. The Zcon does not have a shorting ring, as inductance in this market segment is not as paramount as it is in the SuperSub realm that the Xcon resides in.

A challenge for us is to help people, who are interested in our drivers to understand the design and intent differences between the Xcon and Zcon. Maybe I will need to make a topic about that in the near future to help clear up any possible confusion.

I understand the new design much better now. I think an in-depth product line comparison thread would be great!

I understand the new design much better now. I think an in-depth product line comparison thread would be great!

Not really better, just different design for different purposes. The Xcon was never intended for sheer unadulterated output, hence the reason I have said a bunch of times in threads that the Xcon just does not have the cooling in its design to be a mega output driver. The design of the Xcon just happens to lend to strong output and high power handling, just not on the scale of the Zcon. These two drivers are meant to compliment each other, so when people are in the realm of this level of power, once they clearly define their needs it will be an easy choice as to if the Xcon or the Zcon is the choice for them.

I meant something with the colors black and red and SSA , doesn't needs no fancy carbon fiber. ;)

Like the first one, but it black and red :)

i vote for the first as well. :+1:

Ahh heard the 12 prototype man it is loud as balls!!! Window flex was stupid for a single sub setup...

I want one!

Very Sweet!!

Ahh heard the 12 prototype man it is loud as balls!!! Window flex was stupid for a single sub setup...

I want one!

:dancing:

Sweet. I loved the Xcon design. So I love this one.

Two different beasts, but they compliment each other. :)

Sweet. I loved the Xcon design. So I love this one.

Two different beasts, but they compliment each other. :)

As I know. I alway wanted a Xcon, just have no real purpose for it. Just like to collect drivers, but my funds won't allow me at the moment.

Congratz on the new sub guys. Glad to see yall moving forward! Sub looks great but will most likely be out of my price range. The Xcon is pushing it, lol.

As for the sticker, I like the first one.