pitbull239

ALT. HELP AND REQUEST

hello rob, im running 2 saz 4500's and 2 cresendo 1000.4 for mids and highs - i drive a 06 escalade, how big and how many ALT. should i run?

hello rob, im running 2 saz 4500's and 2 cresendo 1000.4 for mids and highs - i drive a 06 escalade, how big and how many ALT. should i run?

If you want to do it the best way, a triple bracket with either 2, 270XP's or 2, 390XP's plus a stock output alt in the stock location. Run the 2 390XP's isolated from your stock electrical because your 'Lade has the stock RVC system which is just FAIL for guys like you so it's best to just go around it. One of our 270XP's will run a 4500 pretty dang good, one 390 @ 15v continuous will handle 6K no problem which is what a 4500 @15v is about capable of.. One 270XP will handle a 3500 @ .5 all day long, and depending on how hard your on it, you'll cook an amp LONG before you ever need to worry about the alt. One 270XP will run a 4500 at .5 about 8/10 of wide open with no drop.. One 390XP will run a 4500 at .5 wide open with no drop whatsoever and again, you'll cook an amp long before the alt gives up.. Either way you go, it will be better than ANY other setup you can get.. Kyle has a 3500 he ran at.5 in his Camry on a 270XP and we've done hours and hours and hours of testing with it so we're very familiar with them.. In all the testing we did though, we could never run the amp long enough to over work the alternator before either the amp or subs got too hot and we had to back off...

If you want to do it the best way, a triple bracket with either 2, 270XP's or 2, 390XP's plus a stock output alt in the stock location. Run the 2 390XP's isolated from your stock electrical because your 'Lade has the stock RVC system which is just FAIL for guys like you so it's best to just go around it. One of our 270XP's will run a 4500 pretty dang good, one 390 @ 15v continuous will handle 6K no problem which is what a 4500 @15v is about capable of.. One 270XP will handle a 3500 @ .5 all day long, and depending on how hard your on it, you'll cook an amp LONG before you ever need to worry about the alt. One 270XP will run a 4500 at .5 about 8/10 of wide open with no drop.. One 390XP will run a 4500 at .5 wide open with no drop whatsoever and again, you'll cook an amp long before the alt gives up.. Either way you go, it will be better than ANY other setup you can get.. Kyle has a 3500 he ran at.5 in his Camry on a 270XP and we've done hours and hours and hours of testing with it so we're very familiar with them.. In all the testing we did though, we could never run the amp long enough to over work the alternator before either the amp or subs got too hot and we had to back off...

thanks rob that really helped out alot! so how much are the 270xp's and the 390"s ?

Pitbull, you going to make a build log?

yeah once i get it all going, still need to get my alt's and batt's

What other equipment you going to run?

Tuned in!!!!!!!

Our 270XPs are currently $629 and will be back on backorder until the second week of January. Our 390XPs are $1150. The nice thing about both of them you'll see 190 amps at idle on either the 270 or the 390. The 390 is expensive for the reason of how much it costs us to build the unit and the performance at idle it gives. Hopefully that answered your questions. :)

heres what im going to be running, double din alpine- 2 dc alt. underhood,-big 3 upgrade- cresendo mids and highs 8 mids and 8 tweeters- cresendo amps for mids and highs 2 1000.4's-

2 saz 4500's running to 2 fi btl 18"- 6 kinetik hc2400's and a hc1200, lots of 0,2,4 gauge.

Sounds like a nice setup!! I am really liking those 390's!!!

got a quick question for u. when wiring batteries , i know u wire in parallel but would you only ground the first battery in the group or every battery?