Sign in to follow this  
Infinite913

Pre-Build for the 97 MALIBOOM!

Howdy, I have a 97 malibu that has already been through systems and is ready to go....Dont worry about electrical because what ever is needed to be done will be done. The correct amount of wire will be ran and the right alternators..... Im looking for input on a wall or subs in the trunk what ever....throw out every Idea you can think off as this will be done in spring but the Jimmy is all done and now its time to start the MALIBOOM! Money is not an issue....(every bassheads dream) so throw out your ideas oh and just to let you all know whatever sub size goes in the car it will be a SSA subwoofer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let the fun begin.

a video of a malibu that I picked up and got rid of a little while ago. Wanted to see exactly how well an 18 fits in the trunk! Edited by TeamRamRod

Please read the following link and provide us with the proper info to help you meet your goals. :)

http://www.soundsolu...ttention-noobs/

:sleepwerd4:

Also, since your ONLY going with SSA, then just grab the Zcons when they come out.

Please read the following link and provide us with the proper info to help you meet your goals. :)

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/13994-attention-noobs/

as specified its a 97 malibu I dont know if I want to wall it off or do a trunk build. I will get the power to suffice for the subwoofers. I dont know if I want to do 6 15's in a wall 8 12's in a wall or do 2 15's in trunk fire forward with trunk sealed for air.......This will be a DEMO car get in and blow your head off period dont care about numbers I have the jimmy for that.

:sleepwerd4:

Also, since your ONLY going with SSA, then just grab the Zcons when they come out.

Right but what size how many stuff like that is why I did the post!

as specified its a 97 malibu I dont know if I want to wall it off or do a trunk build. I will get the power to suffice for the subwoofers. I dont know if I want to do 6 15's in a wall 8 12's in a wall or do 2 15's in trunk fire forward with trunk sealed for air.......This will be a DEMO car get in and blow your head off period dont care about numbers I have the jimmy for that.

Subwoofer Enclosure Specification Questions & Requests

Most manufacturers do list the optimal enclosure specifications on their respective websites, but sometimes you do want to know what other users of the subwoofers have done.

To help get the information you desire when wondering this type of question, please include the following information.

• Subwoofers in question, number of subwoofers & subwoofer size
  • Amplifier being used, specifically the model number.
  • Fabrication skill level
  • Preferred material to be used (i.e. MDF, fibreglass, etc)
  • Vehicle which the subwoofers will be used in
  • Other products you have heard, but have not owned that you enjoyed & their install particulars.
  • Musical preferences
  • System goals
  • Previous subwoofers you have used, and their installation particulars
  • List any research you have previously done

Nobody wants to waste their time suggesting things you may or may not use.

Subwoofer Enclosure Specification Questions & Requests

Most manufacturers do list the optimal enclosure specifications on their respective websites, but sometimes you do want to know what other users of the subwoofers have done.

To help get the information you desire when wondering this type of question, please include the following information.

• Subwoofers in question, number of subwoofers & subwoofer size
  • Amplifier being used, specifically the model number.
  • Fabrication skill level
  • Preferred material to be used (i.e. MDF, fibreglass, etc)
  • Vehicle which the subwoofers will be used in
  • Other products you have heard, but have not owned that you enjoyed & their install particulars.
  • Musical preferences
  • System goals
  • Previous subwoofers you have used, and their installation particulars
  • List any research you have previously done

Nobody wants to waste their time suggesting things you may or may not use.

The idea of this was because I dont know what route I WANT TO GO!!!! thats why it hasnt been left open. Im not a NOOB I know what to do was looking for suggestions on what other people would do. I am most likely walling it with 6 15" zcons to be specific with the stetsom 14k2e amplifier.......

You sure you can fit 6-15"s in a wall in a Malibu?

Of course Im not sure lol....Im gunna get out there today and give us dimensions to play with...........

Of course Im not sure lol....Im gunna get out there today and give us dimensions to play with...........

Well if were still throwing numbers around, why not put 55 18s in?

I was being sarcastic, your not going to fit them in there (at least try and be realistic about your goals). Its not about fitting the most cone area you can in a car wall or not, its about fitting the most cone area in the right enclosure. Seems to go over your head everytime someone tells you that, are you just trying to be cool. If you want to make a wall with 6-15"s then get a bigger vehicle buddy.

:roflmao:

I was thinking more like 21 21s

Edited by Sencheezy

:fing34::roflmao::morepower1:

:orly3::lol2:

Ok for the first thing.....you guys dont know who I am and I am not a NOOB. This thread was to get your ideas not your JUNK!!!!! If you dont want to post then dont post...No one wants your GARBAGE! and for 2 6 15's will fit in this malibu and that is what will be done. I am measuring at 52 wide 40 high and 41 in depth......So this will be the build and as for you all people that think this is a JOKE and im just some KID Wishing for a SYSTEM need to realize that in 7 months this will be a BUILD LOG!!!!!! and if your wondering where the money is going to be coming from.... its called a JOB get one that pays enough to support your HOBBY because if you dont go BIG then dont GO at ALL!!!!!!!!!! GET AT ME!

Ok for the first thing.....you guys dont know who I am and I am not a NOOB. This thread was to get your ideas not your JUNK!!!!! If you dont want to post then dont post...No one wants your GARBAGE! and for 2 6 15's will fit in this malibu and that is what will be done. I am measuring at 52 wide 40 high and 41 in depth......So this will be the build and as for you all people that think this is a JOKE and im just some KID Wishing for a SYSTEM need to realize that in 7 months this will be a BUILD LOG!!!!!! and if your wondering where the money is going to be coming from.... its called a JOB get one that pays enough to support your HOBBY because if you dont go BIG then dont GO at ALL!!!!!!!!!! GET AT ME!

Wow, you need to calm down a little.

I'll "get at you" and be louder then anything you could dream of building. :)

And if it's not big it's not worth building? What a jackass statement, you should be ashamed.

I got to wait 7 months for this, dang :ughdunno: .

First of all stop crying and getting emotional, noboy cares how your gonna pay for it. I guess they stopped making jobs when you got one, haha your hilarious. Actually the people who posted wanted to post here that is why they posted what they did :Doh:. Second there are rules and regulations to post and your not following them what so ever. Third of all if you would of read the rules, it will tell you to take any and every response you receive in your thread whether you like it or not. So dont come on here getting your panties in a bunch.

Personally all the post you made are ridiculous and getting worse, no offense but 6-15"s is not going into a Malibu walled so face it. But if you want to try then go ahead no one is telling you not too, some people who actually have more experience then you are just lending you a helping hand thats all. I say go with it since it is the only way to tell if you can get it to fit with the proper airspace and the right amount of port area. Just throwing as many subs in a car as you can with a shitty ass too small box wont perform like less subs in the right enclosure that will help them shine. Nobody cares about you being a noob or not or if they know you or not, shit you dont know us either so what does that mean :goyou: .

On this forum take the information that is given to you and use it or dont but dont let emotions get in the way, that is not what we are here for. Thanks and cant wait for the build log.

OK here is my proper apology fellas....I really am sorry (lol) and I do mean it. I was fighting with the wife and tryed to use the forum to escape but instead used the forum to vent. I apologize for snapping and acting like a KNOW IT ALL! Its just when I want to do something I want to do it and thats it. I did not follow the rules and thats why It was a pre build for suggestions. So just Give me the 123 of what you are wanting on my end so that this thread can be the thread I wanted it to be. Just tell me the information you want if I do not tell you.

I will provide whatever amplifier power is needed for the subwoofer choice we go with

I will also provide the correct power for the amplifiers so this it not an issue

the dimensions for a wall are 40 in height 52 in width and 41 in depth..

The trunk depth I have not measured for if we decide to stay in the trunk..

I will be going with the ZCON series speaker which are 2250RMS

So please accept my apology and my snappy comback if thats what you want to call it....As it was not directed toward any of you!

Your cool in my book man, nice post man :drink40: .

Now are you planning on putting some of the box in the trunk as well to get more volume for your enclosure? I can see that helping you out with more airspace to make a correct box.

The people on this forum are here to help give you advice, BUT we will only put out as much effect as you put in.

Now If you are set on the subs, then you should figure out your space available to determine how many subs you can run for optimal conditions. As Jay stated above, the proper box design is going to make things the most efficent. Do you know how to use a modeling program? Do you know what enclosure tuning you prefer? :)

The people on this forum are here to help give you advice, BUT we will only put out as much effect as you put in.

Now If you are set on the subs, then you should figure out your space available to determine how many subs you can run for optimal conditions. As Jay stated above, the proper box design is going to make things the most efficent. Do you know how to use a modeling program? Do you know what enclosure tuning you prefer? :)

x2, Cone area is going to be your friend, and having a good enclosure. From your dimensions it looks like you got around ~40cubes (gross) to play with. Another thing to remember if you go with a lot of drivers and are intending on giving them full rms, then your gonna need a lot of space for batteries and amp(s), so you may in fact have a lot less space then 40cubes for the enclosure.

Got any pictures of the interior?