System goal : sound good and pound :fing34:

HU : Kenwwod X994

EQ/Crossover : Audiocontrol DQXS

Front stage amp : Boss REV-665JL Audio XD400/4

Sub amp : Crescendo 3KWP

Highs/mids : Viper Audio 650.2

Midbass : Exodus EX-Anarchy

Subwwofer : SSA XCON 15D2 (2) Sundown Z 12v.2 with v.3 softparts

DC Power 270XP and two XS Power D3400. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for my alt. I really hope Rob comes through with this!

Hidden HU install. Tweets in custom fiberglass sail panels aimed at each other. 6.5" midrange in kicks aimed at opposing glass. 6.5" midbass in custom door panels aimed at each other.

Mounting the XCON :

1/4-20 bolts and screw-in wood fasteners which I also glued in. I wanted to try this method......it works just use extreme caution.

Edit-0002.jpg

Edit-0032.jpg

Edit-0033.jpg

I decided to use close cell foam for a gasket instead of the supplied rubber gasket.

Making a hole punch for the foam.

Edit-0036.jpg

Edit-0035.jpg

Edit-0037.jpg

Edit-0040.jpg

Edit-0046.jpg

Edit-0048.jpg

Installing a D3400 under the hood. And upgrading some ground wires.

Before:

Edit-0013-2.jpg

After:

Edit-0028.jpg

Upgraded the ground wire under the battery tray.

Before:

Edit-0003.jpg

After:

Edit-0007-1.jpg

Ground on left side of engine. The factory ground ran from the top of the engine mount to the inside of the frame rail. There was no clearance at this location for my 1/0 wire so I mounted to the strut tower.

Edit-0027.jpg

Ground from battery to driver's side strut tower.

Edit-0026.jpg

Edit-0024.jpg

Edit-0028.jpg

Edit-0021.jpg

Edit-0023.jpg

Edited by edouble101

My power wire under the hood and runs to the trunk are 1/0 Singer HPM.

I use copper 5/16 ring terminals. All wires are protected by braided sleeving PET. I use black PET and black heat shrink for ground wires and red PET and red heat shrink for power wires. All ring terminals are soldered with silver and flux then crimped with a hydraulic crimper. I use heat shrink adhesive between the heat shrink and PET.

PET

Edit-0029.jpg

Edit-0032-1.jpg

Edit-0033-1.jpg

Edit-0034.jpg

I have limited time so thats all I have for now!!!!!

3KWP :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Edit-0035-1.jpg

Lookin' good dude!

Lookin' good dude!

Thanks!

The link to your van build log doesnt work :ughdunno:

Nice setup!

Thanks, it will have to hold me over for a while.

Not much of an update today. I installed a fused charge wire. I decided to run the wire on top of the engine bay because I think it will stay cleaner and will be more protected. I was planning on fabricating a bracket to hold the fuse holder. After an hour of looking at placement options for the fuse holder I realized that there was basically not a good spot for what I wanted to do. My biggest goal with finding a fuse holder placement was to minimize any bends going into and out of the holder and to have it near the battery. I decided on a location on top of the battery, this may change.

Edit-0001-3.jpg

Edit-0002-2.jpg

Edit-0003-2.jpg

Edit-0004-1.jpg

Clean big 3

Why not put your fuse near your alt on the power steering hoses? You can put it on a nice plate and bolt it at the same place of your hoses.If you inverse your wire, maybe you'll don't had to cut it to fit the fuse??

Edit-0003-2.jpg

Just an Idea IMO

I think I'll route my alt. wire like that too instead of under the radiator were it's more risky IMO..

I got a 2006 Elantra GT and underhood look very similar.

We need more Hyundai build log :WELCOME:

Thanks polkfan. One of my goals is for this install to be clean and tidy :)

I am going to make a plastic base to hold the charging fuse holder and the auxiliary fuse holder for the run to the battery in the trunk. I am anxious to see how that turns out.

A little bit of progress today :dancing: I am making a huge deal out of a couple wires.......I know. I finally have my underhood fuse locations figured out. My goal was to have no wire strains (ie. bends) going into the fuse holders and to have them securely mounted.

My first attempt looked good on paper but after I built it it wasn't good enough. I had a lot of strain on the wire going into and out of the fuse holders <---- exactly what I did not want. It turned out looking fairly decent but was not up to par functionally for me.

Edit-0060.jpg

Edit-0061.jpg

Edit-0059.jpg

Second attempt turned out fairly decent. No wire strains go into or out of either fuse holder <------ :fing34: I was also able to eliminate 30" of charge wire in the process!!! I rerouted the charge wire to behind the air intake and fabbed up two aluminum brackets. One bracket to support the charge wire and another bracket to hold the fuse holder. I had covered each aluminum bracket with some spare Thermo-Tec that I had from my ZX10R track bike build. I used Thermo-Tec on the fuse holder bracket because the bracket is above the exhaust manifold. Heat probably will not be an issue but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

before

Edit-0063.jpg

Edit-0069.jpg

Edit-0066.jpg

Edit-0068.jpg

Edit-0072.jpg

For the fuse holder on the run of 1/0 to the trunk I fabbed up a bracket out of acrylic. Looks half decent and I do not have any strains on the wire running into and out of the holder :fing34: The wire will run out of the holder and between the factory fuse box and air box.

Edit-0073.jpg

Edit-0075.jpg

One more pic :yaya:

Edit-0076.jpg

What do you all think?

Nice clean work!!! Looking forward to more!! :popcorn:

Thanks for the comments. I like to hear everybody's thoughts!

I am running a ground and power under the car. My original plan wad to use conduit. It hung lower than I expected so on to plan B.

I am trying to go through the "frame" rails. I am on my way to Lowes to get some grommets and a steel fish. I hope this works out well.

Very nice work and attention to detail.

Very nice work and attention to detail.

Thank you. I am scrutinizing every inch of this and it is taking me forever to complete. I have learned from many many mistakes from the past; no more fried amplifiers and alternators for me!!!!

Wow, just saw this one.

Nice job bro, looks very clean.

More pics!

Thank you. Very frustrating day today. Tried to run the two 1/0 runs through the frame rails. It didn't goes so well for a couple reasons. Some of my tools are very old. My large hole drill bits are. I drilled two one inch holes and the bit started smoking, it is fried. I absolutley will not do a job without the proper tools. There is always another day. I was able to see what will and will not work though so not a completely wasted afternoon.

Hopefully I will have this instal done by 2012 :)

Very nice so far!

Where in PA are you at?

Very nice so far!

Where in PA are you at?

I live in the Pocono region and I hate snow and cold weather, sucks to be me ;) You get more snow in western PA than I do, I feel bad for you!

Very nice so far!

Where in PA are you at?

I live in the Pocono region and I hate snow and cold weather, sucks to be me ;) You get more snow in western PA than I do, I feel bad for you!

No snow yet. At some point we may meet up. We only live a couple of hours apart.

Gook luck with your build.

Very nice so far!

Where in PA are you at?

No snow yet. At some point we may meet up. We only live a couple of hours apart.

We just got dumped on Sunday night :(

I go to the Bloomsburg fairgrounds often for various events. Thats about as far west as I get.

After I get this installed and tuned we can definitely give each other demos. I bet your setup sounds sweet!

Very nice so far!

Where in PA are you at?

We just got dumped on Sunday night :(

I go to the Bloomsburg fairgrounds often for various events. Thats about as far west as I get.

After I get this installed and tuned we can definitely give each other demos. I bet your setup sounds sweet!

Yea, I saw you guys got some nice snowfall. I travel your way a couple times a year and my truck sounds ok, but will be redone as soon as it gets warmer out.