edouble101

System for my Hyundai - Sundown,JL Audio, Crescendo, Audiocontrol, DEI

One more thing.

Go get one of these. Will help tremendously shaping bondo before it hardens.

cheesegrater.jpg

I personally have not used the non-hardening modeling clay, but have seen it used by people I respect, with good result's.

Sounds good.

Damn it man,

I apparently have not paid your build a visit in a while. You have been quite busy. I went through a lot of the same stuff you did with yours. You can read and read, but the reality is you have to do it yourself and learn from what you did right and wrong.

I LOVE the idea of porting your pods. I was going to do mine with Aperiodic Membrane, but turned chicken shit and just vented in to the door.

Yes, you can use non hardening clay (Hobby Lobby) and I would suggest it. It will add mass and deaden the pod considerably.

The best advice I can give you, is make it as smooth as possible in the building stages because sanding bondo and filler is a PITA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think trying to shape a brick and there you go.

That is going to be sexy as hell when your done. I see how picky you are and the quality of your work is outstanding. I am sure that these will be excellent when your done. Good luck buddy. Tuned in to this again.

Thanks for checking in! I really appreciate your input :)

The midbass drivers I have are designed for home audio applications and intended to be used in bass reflex enclosures. Hopefully they sound amazing in my setup.

Thanks for your advice!

Gonna have to give a review of the RA, before and after? :D

I will post a review in the Zed subforum.

Out of the box the unit looks nice.

But....

1. The housing itself is not square (not square shapped but dimensionally square). Not a big issue that just surprises me.

2. A section in the range of adjustment is binding on just about all of the potentiometers. Hopefully this does not affect potentiometer performance.

3. The potentiometers are not centered in their openings on the faceplate.

The "issues" I mentioned should not be a defect that inhibits performance. I have always read of excellent ZED quality but I see appearance flaws with the RA.

One more thing.

cheesegrater.jpg

Ah... I see

I have been using my 5" orbital sander from Harbor Freight and my 4 1/2" Metabo grinder. So far they do the job for me.

Thanks again :)

One more thing.

cheesegrater.jpg

Or just don't use the crap called "Bondo" :P

One more thing.

Or just don't use the crap called "Bondo" :P

Lol. I used a local store "Colours" brand of filler. It works great, super easy to sand. I also have some USC Icing for smaller areas.

very nice what you do here. congratulations

very nice what you do here. congratulations

Thank you keddy. There are some excellent build logs here. Check them out!

Here is the pod as is now. Still need to do some work to it before I can begin covering it with vinyl.

2011-07-19_19-27-50_195.jpg

2011-07-19_19-27-41_124.jpg

Pods turned out great!

Thank you :)

Lookin' Damn Good!!! Still think it's trippy that one of those holes will be a port!!! Keep it comin' !

The fiberglassing turned out really well. I can't wait to see how it looks with that port. Keep up the good work

Lookin' Damn Good!!! Still think it's trippy that one of those holes will be a port!!! Keep it comin' !

The fiberglassing turned out really well. I can't wait to see how it looks with that port. Keep up the good work

F'n Sweet!

:fing34:

Doors look great :drink40:

Thank you all for the comments.

X2 Great work. Your dedication and attention to detail is paying off.

X2 Great work. Your dedication and attention to detail is paying off.

Thanks for checking in :P Still hours and hours to go...eh....

Pods are coming out great, on an awesome track :fing34:

What's the port length for the pods? Just eye balling it, looks like 0.4-0.6cubes for enclosure volume, and 4"-5" port diameter?

What's the port length for the pods? Just eye balling it, looks like 0.4-0.6cubes for enclosure volume, and 4"-5" port diameter?

I haven't measured volume yet. I want .5^ft net. My guess is it is around .75-1^ft as is. The port diameter is 2". My tuning freq will be 65hz. That will give me a port length of 3.54".

The only negative with ported midbass is that if a hpf setting at 60hz does not blend well with the sub bass system I am kinda screwed. A longer port length (to lower tuning) willl not be optimal based on my available enclosure pod depth.

I haven't measured volume yet. I want .5^ft net. My guess is it is around .75-1^ft as is. The port diameter is 2". My tuning freq will be 65hz. That will give me a port length of 3.54".

The only negative with ported midbass is that if a hpf setting at 60hz does not blend well with the sub bass system I am kinda screwed. A longer port length (to lower tuning) willl not be optimal based on my available enclosure pod depth.

I forgot since it's midbass that it's tuned much much higher then subs and therefore way less port length :P

At first I was looking and going that port looks big and I don't know how much depth you got. Should work out great though.

Are you using the hpf on the amp or headunit? You should be able to play around with the hpf on the amp until it blends well.

This is definitely one of those vehicles that I really wish I could bop down the road and get a demo.

I forgot since it's midbass that it's tuned much much higher then subs and therefore way less port length :P

At first I was looking and going that port looks big and I don't know how much depth you got. Should work out great though.

Are you using the hpf on the amp or headunit? You should be able to play around with the hpf on the amp until it blends well.

This is definitely one of those vehicles that I really wish I could bop down the road and get a demo.

I am using an AudioControl DQSX so I can set the xover points and slopes to whatever I want.

I will let you know how it sounds!

One last test fit. I had to cut a little a reglass but I expected that.

2011-07-24_13-23-23_273.jpg

2011-07-24_13-23-16_217.jpg

I used cat litter to measure enclosure volume. Now I need to measure the amount of cat litter used to fill the enclosure to get the volume.

2011-07-24_14-48-21_247.jpg

I covered the enclosure in vinyl. There are more stretch marks than a 90 year old woman! ;)

2011-07-24_16-27-55_928.jpg

I layed down some Stinger Roadkill Expert on the bottom. I also used grommets for the 10 gauge Gepco ocf wire. You can see the screw in 10-24 bolt thingies that I am using to mount the driver.

2011-07-24_18-47-35_681.jpg

Making the grill. I used plywood and perforated steel. This is the back side. The front side is counter sunk so the steel is flush. I used minature bal and socket thingies to mount the grill. I made an error with this. I should havd use 3 ball and socket thingies, I only used 2 :(

2011-07-24_17-12-13_169.jpg

2011-07-24_19-33-02_247.jpg

Here she is on the door. I used "special acoustic" grill cloth lol. Not too bad. You know how it goes....looks good from afar but far from good lol.

2011-07-24_19-37-30_584.jpg

Pretty damn spiffy, I truely like the doors man. Wow is all I can say :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

Pretty damn spiffy, I truely like the doors man. Wow is all I can say :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

Thanks man.

All I gotta say is big props to all of you that wrap vinyl without stretch marks!

i hope you scooped all the poop out of the cat litter right?