edouble101

System for my Hyundai - Sundown,JL Audio, Crescendo, Audiocontrol, DEI

Wrong answer!!!! I think you should be finishing the other panel this Sunday!! :drink40:

Little farther of a drive but I need some panels built also! :shrug:

I hope to have most of it done. My lifestyle is very hectic which gives me very little free time to work on garage projects. I have plans every weekend until December...wtf!

I have much more to do with this build. Some pretty cool stuff coming up next!

I don't mind you taking forever... I'll just leave you my door panels... lol

What is this NJMP? And what town is it in? And will you be driving the Hyundai????

Lol. NJMP is New Jersey Motorsports Park. If you enjoy motorsports you should definitely take a drive out to NJMP. The track is great and cheap to watch :P

Not too sure if I will be driving, I am going with 5 of my friends. Even if I do drive my system will not be 100% done then.

Wrong answer!!!! I think you should be finishing the other panel this Sunday!! :drink40:

Little farther of a drive but I need some panels built also! :shrug:

I hope to have most of it done. My lifestyle is very hectic which gives me very little free time to work on garage projects. I have plans every weekend until December...wtf!

I have much more to do with this build. Some pretty cool stuff coming up next!

You sound as busy as me, I am happy to get a few moments here and there to even do a little research and planning for a build for myself.

Keep up the great work as you squeeze in the time!!

I started working on my passenger door. It is going much faster than the driver's door.

My DC Power 270XP stooped working again :( DC Power is going to replace the voltage regulator.

I started working on my batery terminals for the underhood battery. The terminals are designed for two runs of 1/0 to the rear. They are not completed yet.

The terminals are cut out of aluminum. I used a Bridgeport mill.

2011-08-03_14-09-40_211.jpg

The blue 1/0 directly secured to the terminal will be coming from the alternator. I used two 1/4" set screws to secure the bare wire. One set screw never holds the wire in place good enough. Dual 300a fuses will be used.

2011-08-11_06-33-26_159.jpg

The terminal block is lookin' really nice!!! You gonna make those for all SSA members? :lol2:

The terminal block is lookin' really nice!!! You gonna make those for all SSA members? :lol2:

Thanks. These are nothing compared to ToolMaker's CNC cut parts ;)

Nice bling :dancing:

^^ this.... I want some... I need for my rear battery... Hook it up and how much? I'll come pick up if needed ...

Nice bling :dancing:

^^ this.... I want some... I need for my rear battery... Hook it up and how much? I'll come pick up if needed ...

Thanks. This is one component of four that will make my battery distribution center. I am making these for function, I hate loose confections and sloppy wires.

I would love to make chit for you guys. The offer really is flattering. I have limited use of company tools for my personal use. Once I get my own mill I will gladly make anything you want :) Contact ToolMaker, he CNC's all his parts. If you do not know how to get ahold of him let me know.

Unfortunitely the build log ends here. For two reasons:

1. I no longer have a ho alt. I have had numerous issues with the 270xp and I can not take the risk of it failing on me again. I sent it bavk to DC Power, hopefully future customers have better luck. +4000wrms doesnt work well on a 90a alt ;)

2. I just do not have time to build this system that I want :( I have too many other more important things that need my time.

I will have lots of audio equipment for sale in the near future.

:ohnoes9: Sorry to hear that.

Damn dude, sorry to hear this. Hope everything is ok with you. I have had times when I just needed to back off and re-group.

:ohnoes9: Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to disappoint :(

Damn dude, sorry to hear this. Hope everything is ok with you. I have had times when I just needed to back off and re-group.

Yeah man. I am very frustrated to get this far and have to stop. Thank you for helping me along the way!!!!!! Sorry you couldnt see the completed system.

Edit: Life is good! Just no alt and no time. Planning my wedding, baby coming next year and starting a business :)

Yeah man. I am very frustrated to get this far and have to stop. Thank you for helping me along the way!!!!!! Sorry you couldnt see the completed system.

Always here to lend a hand. I'm sure there is more in store from you in the future!

Aw man sorry to hear this. Hopefully everything is ok. Been watching this build. Congrats on your future wedding and baby. I will be looking for the sale too.

Sorry to hear you are throwing in the towel on this.... At the same time happy you have a grander plan in mind.

Its been a VERY busy year for me also, as I had to sinch up last year also to get to my goals. I will add that I still have work to finish on my car, but have not gave up.

Good luck with everything.:fing34:

Aw man sorry to hear this. Hopefully everything is ok. Been watching this build. Congrats on your future wedding and baby. I will be looking for the sale too.

Thanks man!

Sorry to hear you are throwing in the towel on this.... At the same time happy you have a grander plan in mind.

Its been a VERY busy year for me also, as I had to sinch up last year also to get to my goals. I will add that I still have work to finish on my car, but have not gave up.

Good luck with everything.:fing34:

Yeah maybe I should just put It on the back burner, oh wait, no alt :( Maybe in the future I can do a low power build in this car.

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Sorry to hear about things coming to a halt with the build man. You have alot of great things going on in your life though and that's something to be very happy about. You'll have time to get everything completed at some point I'm sure. Congrats and good luck with the baby, wedding, and business!

Sorry to hear about things coming to a halt with the build man. You have alot of great things going on in your life though and that's something to be very happy about. You'll have time to get everything completed at some point I'm sure. Congrats and good luck with the baby, wedding, and business!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Obviously I can not drive 1.5 hours a day without any tunes :peepwall: I am trying to sell a few items, to down grade, sort of. Instead of a high power install with lots of fabrication I am designing a low power system that I will install in a few days time.

I already have a JL Audio XD400/4 that I am keeping and I am more than likely picking up a XD600/1 or JX1000/1D. So I will be running 1500wrms max. My stock alt has been working really really well (staying in the low 14's high 13's volt range when driving) with the 3kwp pumping out 2000wrms so I know I will be good with 1500wrms. Sub wise I will probably go with a JL Audio 13w6 or 13w7. I hate to sound like a nut hugger but JL is seriously hard to beat! I will use the Viper Audio component set and I have a set of JL Audio 6.5" coaxial for the rear doors. It will be a simple and clean....and quick to install!!!!!

Damn Bro, was catching up on this great build and you drop a bomb like that at the end. Fuck that Bro. Just set it aside and take a little break from it. The bug will bite you again and then what? You sold all your stuffs, oh hell no.

I know how you feel man, I have so much shit I need to finish up on mine but don't have time to do much of anything lately. Lots of stuff sitting in the closet tho. lol

While your project may have to wait, you are a very blessed man.

New wife, a baby, and a new business. Congratulations buddy!!!!!!!

Damn Bro, was catching up on this great build and you drop a bomb like that at the end. Fuck that Bro. Just set it aside and take a little break from it. The bug will bite you again and then what? You sold all your stuffs, oh hell no.

I know how you feel man, I have so much shit I need to finish up on mine but don't have time to do much of anything lately. Lots of stuff sitting in the closet tho. lol

While your project may have to wait, you are a very blessed man.

New wife, a baby, and a new business. Congratulations buddy!!!!!!!

I hear ya bro. I have the fire in my ass to finish, just no alt to support the system and time is against me. I am going to have a decent "little" system eventually.

Thought of trying a different company for an alt? mechman by chance?

I did. They said they could and I paid them. A week later Mike called and refunded my money because he said they couldn't do it :ughdunno:

I did. They said they could and I paid them. A week later Mike called and refunded my money because he said they couldn't do it :ughdunno:

uhhh.... :WTFBubble: any explanation?

uhhh.... :WTFBubble: any explanation?

They couldn't make the case.