edouble101

System for my Hyundai - Sundown,JL Audio, Crescendo, Audiocontrol, DEI

nice photos... great that you have time for this and didn't finish your car yet!!!! :peepwall:

Gotta do the family thing too.............

Due to bad planning on my part and the f up witht he first 'glass attempt this is as far as I can get today. I need more fiberglass mat to finish the shell.

Edit-0464.jpg

Edit-0465.jpg

Edit-0466.jpg

actually looks like a great start... we'll just ignore the first screw up and act like this is your first attempt then... ok?? :fing34:

actually looks like a great start... we'll just ignore the first screw up and act like this is your first attempt then... ok?? :fing34:

LOL yeah, gotta start somewhere.

I've been pondering front stage for a loooooong time now.... just not sure how or what to do.... so I'm looking at yours, mac'n'cheese so far and not sure what to do.... It's sooo fcking difficult...

I've been pondering front stage for a loooooong time now.... just not sure how or what to do.... so I'm looking at yours, mac'n'cheese so far and not sure what to do.... It's sooo fcking difficult...

Alot of your decision should be based on how much time you have on your hands! What I am doing takes a lot of time!

Great to make time for the family!!!!

Glad to see you have overcome the fiberglass hardening problem... Practice makes perfect. You'll be a resin/glass pro by the end of these doors!!

No angle on the speakers/ports up towards the driver at all?

Great to make time for the family!!!!

Glad to see you have overcome the fiberglass hardening problem... Practice makes perfect. You'll be a resin/glass pro by the end of these doors!!

I think to fully understand fiberglassing you have to f'up your first piece :peepwall:

No angle on the speakers/ports up towards the driver at all?

Same with the tweeters, aimed at each other. I will be doing extensive aiming with the mids.

Shell is out and trimmed

Edit-0001-6.jpg

Baffle is in place. I 'glassed the dow rods in place.

Edit-0002-6.jpg

Edit-0003-7.jpg

I choose a two way fabric. I am doubting it...

Edit-0005-3.jpg

Fabric is resin'd. Till next time...

Lookin' Good!!! Rockin' right along!! :drink40:

Lookin' Good!!! Rockin' right along!! :drink40:

Nice work :fing34:

Unfortunately I will be redoing this step as well :peepwall: The material I bought is way too stretchy and actually loosened up (not at the glue joints, the material itself stretched!!!) after I applied the resin. I mixed the resin correctly and the material is not as hard as it should be :peepwall:

I hate redo!!!!

Ugh looks like a will try a t-shirt this time, fleece is way to thick but maybe that is best.

Material has to be stretched very tight before you start to add the resin. (not trying to tell you something you may already know) When I have done work like this the tighter it is, it seems to work better for me.

I have used a fleece blanket (thick as well) but have had good results. Have not tried a T-shirt as of yet...

I'm sure you will get it!

I have heard a lot of people using 100% polyester Ponte with good results. Is that what you used, if not have you looked into it at all? Can pick it up at Joanne's fabrics.

You want to use a 100 percent polyester material. For some reason polyester resin does not harden as well on cotten. Most "car audio" stretching material is Alpine fleece. I use fleece from hobby lobby. At 3 bucks a yard off the discount rack you can get cheap.

You want to use 1.5 to 2 percent mekp to resin

Material has to be stretched very tight before you start to add the resin. (not trying to tell you something you may already know) When I have done work like this the tighter it is, it seems to work better for me.

I have used a fleece blanket (thick as well) but have had good results. Have not tried a T-shirt as of yet...

I'm sure you will get it!

Thanks. It was definitely tight.

I have heard a lot of people using 100% polyester Ponte with good results. Is that what you used, if not have you looked into it at all? Can pick it up at Joanne's fabrics.

It is very possible that that is what I bought.

You want to use a 100 percent polyester material. For some reason polyester resin does not harden as well on cotten. Most "car audio" stretching material is Alpine fleece. I use fleece from hobby lobby. At 3 bucks a yard off the discount rack you can get cheap.

I am using epoxy resin. Is this an issue?

You want to use 1.5 to 2 percent mekp to resin

I used 4 ounces of resin and 48 drops of hardener.

I have used cottton shirts and fleece blanket. Both worked great for me. Thats fukt to hear about the learning curve with the hardener, I always just wing the mix too. Kool to see you trying the ports on the midbasses, I may try the same thing if I ever get back to finishing my doors, I fear with my alignment I my end up with two ports per door though. We will see what the modeling says...

Are you wiring your own sub panel for your welder?

And goddanm you filled my inbox when I was out of town, keep up the killer work!

I have used cottton shirts and fleece blanket. Both worked great for me. Thats fukt to hear about the learning curve with the hardener, I always just wing the mix too. Kool to see you trying the ports on the midbasses, I may try the same thing if I ever get back to finishing my doors, I fear with my alignment I my end up with two ports per door though. We will see what the modeling says...

Are you wiring your own sub panel for your welder?

And goddanm you filled my inbox when I was out of town, keep up the killer work!

Yeah phuck man! I do not know why I am having such a hard time with this! Finally got the resin mixture down and now this. I must have bought the wrong material ftl. I will pick up some fleece.

I am getting frustrated with this but I am determined to complete it properly.

My father in law is a master electrician. He "guides" me through electrical work in the house.

If you are using an epoxy resin it is going to depend on the type of hardener you have. They can range from 4:1 to 1:1 ratios. Epoxy resin produces a "prettier" layup and is normally used in vacuuming applications. Polyester is a cheaper material and is most commonly used.

I use polyester on nearly everything and it runs me $100 per 5 gallons. The epoxy resin I use for carbonfibre and Kevlar accent pieces and it runs me about $80 per gallon with hardener.

I have knowledge of a better resin to use but have swore to secrecy. I suggest contacting Nick. (from FI)

I am wiring in my 220 hot tub here directly, I ain't scared. (and know the proper wiring for a sub panel)

If you are using an epoxy resin it is going to depend on the type of hardener you have. They can range from 4:1 to 1:1 ratios. Epoxy resin produces a "prettier" layup and is normally used in vacuuming applications. Polyester is a cheaper material and is most commonly used.

I use polyester on nearly everything and it runs me $100 per 5 gallons. The epoxy resin I use for carbonfibre and Kevlar accent pieces and it runs me about $80 per gallon with hardener.

I bought Evercoat finishing resin because that is the only resin my local paint store sells. Next time I will buy some better USC stuff.

I mix the hardener based on the chat on the resin container. For the ambient temperature at my house it comes out to 12 drops per ounce. My first batch of resin was a compete failure on my part ;)

The resin on my fabric is hard but the fabric is not stiff. I believe that the fabric is a polyester/nylon mix and maybe the resin broke it down. Also the fabric may just be too thin.

Thank you for your advice!!!

I have knowledge of a better resin to use but have swore to secrecy. I suggest contacting Nick. (from FI)

I am wiring in my 220 hot tub here directly, I ain't scared. (and know the proper wiring for a sub panel)

Sweetness, I will keep that in mind.

Electrical isnt hard. Good luck and enjoy your hot tub!

I am dying to get more tats too bad you are so fast from me!

THe resin I speak of is semi-flexable. Contact Nick if interested.

I am stoked to have a friend thats going through the same journey in life that I am. (new home, that is). Lotta work.

THe resin I speak of is semi-flexable. Contact Nick if interested.

I am stoked to have a friend thats going through the same journey in life that I am. (new home, that is). Lotta work.

Great, thanks!

Ugh yeah it is alot of work. From what I hear it doesnt stop either. I am anxious to get my car audio setup completed and have been putting off home projects. But like I was told, I have the rest of my life to work on this house and luckily nothing needs done immediately. I love being a home owner :)