edouble101

System for my Hyundai - Sundown,JL Audio, Crescendo, Audiocontrol, DEI

Not much of an update but I am still working on this install, very slowly.

My plans are to change the substage setup from the XCON 15 to two 12". I am considering BTL N2, Z v.3 and maybe ZCON (after info is released). I would love Treo SSX but at $600/ea!!!!

Lots of fiberglassing to come :) Doors, kicks and sail panels fiberglassed for the front stage. I am 'glassing a rear deck panel for a sick enclosure port as well.

The front doors will hold my 6.5" midbass drivers. I am using a two part mounting ring. The top rying is the 'glassing point and party of the grill I am making.

Bottom ring

Edit-0005-2.jpg

Top ring

Edit-0003-6.jpg

Rings on driver (rings are not aligned for picture)

Edit-0008-3.jpg

Edit-0006-5.jpg

This gives an idea of the 'glassing I wil be doing

Edit-0011-4-1.jpg

Hopefully in a few weeks I can start 'glassing!!

Looks like the beginnings of a very nice door pod. Will you be integrating the tweets into this as well?

Looks like the beginnings of a very nice door pod. Will you be integrating the tweets into this as well?

Midbass low in the doors, midrange in kicks and tweets in the sail panel (side view mirror location)

Should sound good and image well ;)

looks good... I want to do me some glassin' on my doors too...

Midbass low in the doors, midrange in kicks and tweets in the sail panel (side view mirror location)

Your previous work has looked great, will be looking forward to your fiberglass handywork!

looks good... I want to do me some glassin' on my doors too...

I do not know if you have an previous experience with fiberglass. I have learned alot from http://www.fiberglassforums.com/ Most of the members on this forum have extensive knowledge. Some of the builds will knock your socks off!

Your previous work has looked great, will be looking forward to your fiberglass handywork!

Thanks sefugi. As I said before any compliments from you are highly regarded!

I never worked with fiberglass, only bondo or kitty hair. I am so stoked to dive into this. I just do not have the time right now. I just bought a house and we are in the process of making it "ours". LOL it is taking up all my time. I have been drinking alot of beer though :drink40:

Looking forward to the doors! They have great shape to start with. Good luck.

I was able to work on the sail panels today. They require the least amount of fabrication compared to the door pods and kicks.

The tweeters will be pointed at each other.

Stock sail panel

Edit-0034-1.jpg

Tweeter mounting rings cut

Edit-0038.jpg

Fitted to sail panel and hot glued in place

Edit-0039.jpg

Almost there!

Edit-0040-1.jpg

Driver side fitted

Edit-0042.jpg

Passenger side fitted.

Edit-0043.jpg

I need to spray them with a high build primer. I then plan on painting them with a black texture paint to give them the stock look. The passenger side sail panle was cracked at the bottom where the two mounting pins are. This makes removing the panel difficult and will separate the Dynaglas from the plastic sail panel. So I will not be reinstalling the sail panels until the doors are finished so I do not have to remove them after they are installed.

looks amazing... nice work dub!!!

Sails / tweeter pods look good, im jealous cause my sails had no space for tweeters :P

looks amazing... nice work dub!!!

Thanks man. That was definitely more sanding than I like to do!

Sails / tweeter pods look good, im jealous cause my sails had no space for tweeters :P

Thanks!

You would of had to hang them off the side of the panel slightly. Your stock dash speaker location would be sweet for a nice midrange tweeter pod.

Great work on the tweeter pods!!!! Finished product will show your commitment to perfection! :fing34:

Great work on the tweeter pods!!!! Finished product will show your commitment to perfection! :fing34:

Thanks sefugi! I need to touch up a couple areas yet then primer/paint.

I am very anxious to start on the door pods. After doing these small tweeter pods I know I will need alot of sandpaper :peepwall:

Invest in some RAGE Gold for easier sanding.

Invest in some RAGE Gold for easier sanding.

That was what I was going to buy but that stuff is $$$$ I used a local store, Coulors brand. It works great as an easy to sand filler.

I was using an old 180 grit paper that I had laing around :peepwall: That was 90% of the issue.

I bought an orbital sander to help with the big open areas, it's helped cut down some sanding time, but for small stuff and curves it won't help much since the pads are like 4" 5" in diameter.

Good idea stefanhinote.

Good idea stefanhinote.

If you have an air compressor then there's a whole slew of different sanders you can get, and they'll make life way easier. If not, you can look into the electrical orbital sanders, most are around 4"-5", they use either PSA pressure sensitive adhesive pads or a hook and loop setup.

So whichever orbital sander you get, make sure you get the right pad types to match. I just bought a dewalt off amazon and they listed an assorted box of pads to go along with it, I just assumed they were the correct type. I ended up with a psa type sander and a box of hook and loop pads. Fortunately I was able to just spray the sander pad with 3m adhesive and stick the hook and loop pad (sanding disc) right on. Hope someone can learn from my mistakes :fing34:

Good idea stefanhinote.

If you have an air compressor then there's a whole slew of different sanders you can get, and they'll make life way easier. If not, you can look into the electrical orbital sanders, most are around 4"-5", they use either PSA pressure sensitive adhesive pads or a hook and loop setup.

So whichever orbital sander you get, make sure you get the right pad types to match. I just bought a dewalt off amazon and they listed an assorted box of pads to go along with it, I just assumed they were the correct type. I ended up with a psa type sander and a box of hook and loop pads. Fortunately I was able to just spray the sander pad with 3m adhesive and stick the hook and loop pad (sanding disc) right on. Hope someone can learn from my mistakes :fing34:

Good tips bro. I am surprised Amazon pulled a fast one on you. I do not have a compressor. It is going to be a while until I have the funds for the compressor that I want. I may look into an electric sander or just stick with the old fashion way.

The dewalt I got was around 80 bucks, could also check harbor freight for a cheap one :P still gonna help here and there

Got the tweeter pods don :attempt: I am 75% happy with them. This was my first pod fabrication and I learned alot, well mainly what not to do lol.

I ended up finishing them with black trim paint verses my original plan of texture paint.

Edit-0051.jpg

Edit-0054-2.jpg

Edit-0055-2-1.jpg

As I was taking pictures of the pods in my garage I got some visitors. My Mom calls my house a zoo. We have deer on our property about 78-80% of the day, literally.

Edit-0080.jpg

Edit-0082-1.jpg

Edit-0094-1.jpg

I tried to feed a little lady. She greets me everyday when I leave for work!

Edit-0101-2.jpg

Edit-0104.jpg

Edit-0103.jpg

Added an idler pulley pulley to my alternator system. The voltage is more consistent now :dancing:

Edit-0046-2-1.jpg

Got my new subs :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Sundown Z 12"v.2 w/v.3 softparts built by Nik(Paco) :nightrider:

These mofos are heavy, +50lbs!!!!

Edit-0048-2.jpg

Edit-0049.jpg

Edit-0050-3.jpg

Sweet pics. Pods look.great. wish deer were in my backyard :P