edouble101

System for my Hyundai - Sundown,JL Audio, Crescendo, Audiocontrol, DEI

Thanks stefanhinote

Oh my!! them sub's look evil!!! hehe. You did an awesome job on the sails, why not more on axis?

I bought a skil orbital at walmart for like 35 bucks. They sell 50 packs of sander discs at harbor frieght for a decent price.

Thats good that dinner walks right up to you, should make for easy picking's come hunting season. hehe

Oh my!! them sub's look evil!!! hehe. You did an awesome job on the sails, why not more on axis?

I bought a skil orbital at walmart for like 35 bucks. They sell 50 packs of sander discs at harbor frieght for a decent price.

Thats good that dinner walks right up to you, should make for easy picking's come hunting season. hehe

The subs do look the shit! I can not wait to hear these bad boys!

I mounted the tweeters off axis to eliminate beaming from the titanium dome and to help with a deep soundstage. The tweeters swivel a good amount as well.

For larger upcoming projects I will look into a powered sander. Thanks for the recommendation.

Lol I live in a gated community, no hunting allowed. It is comical when I cook deer steaks or burgers on the grill to have deer 10 feet away watching lol.

Thanks for chiming in!!!!! :eek5wavey:

You did a great job on the pods with keeping them appearence-wise balanced with each other. :+1:

Having deer in your backyard is so cool, is this the backyard of your new crib? Looks Big!

Adding the idler to the alt belt was a great idea, looks to give a lot more wrap on the alt pulley! :fing34:

New subs are looking very healthy!!

Bring on the enclosure rebuild!!

You did a great job on the pods with keeping them appearence-wise balanced with each other. :+1:

Having deer in your backyard is so cool, is this the backyard of your new crib? Looks Big!

Adding the idler to the alt belt was a great idea, looks to give a lot more wrap on the alt pulley! :fing34:

New subs are looking very healthy!!

Bring on the enclosure rebuild!!

Thanks for the comments on the sails. I learned alot from this set :)

Yes this is the backyard at my new house. Myself, my fiance and daughter love it here! It is very peaceful. Everybody that comes to visit feels at home even though it isn't their home :)

Ah yes the idler pulley. I spent a decent amount of time on it. Spending time on up front on research pays off! The hardest part was getting the bolt I needed to mount it, wtf. I shopped around locally for days (Circle Nut and Bolt, Grainger, Lowes) and ended up going to Fastenal. They had the bolt I needed but I had to buy a bag of 75 pieces :( The salesman said to me "if you help me out I will help you. We have a promotion with these safety sunglasses. If you buy a pair of sunglasses I will give you your bolt". I said "it's on"! So the salesman gave me the bolt, some washers and nut, then I bought a pair of $11 sunglasses. Great deal!!! And I love the sunglasses!! Now hopefully.my idler pulley setup lasts the long run :)

I plan on some 'glassing work on the sub box. Subs forward sealed from trunk. I might fire the port through the rear deck. We will see! I still have to glass the doors and kicks though first.

It looks like you attached the idler pulley to the alternator mount?

Sure did :sleepwerd4:

Where is the other 25% of satisfaction on the sails? they look pretty damn clean to me.

You need a custom "edub" logo for your dustcaps ;)

That sub looks sick my man. Job well done dude I read all the way from page 1 lol. I bought 2 15inch nightshades like last week, cant wait till they come in and i start my build log!!! :slayer:

Where is the other 25% of satisfaction on the sails? they look pretty damn clean to me.

You need a custom "edub" logo for your dustcaps ;)

There are very small imperfections that "I know". The sail panel on the passenger side is cracked. I should have bought a new one to begin with. It is almost impossible to remove the sail panel once it is installed without cracking it more :peepwall:

Dude I love your dustcap idea!

That sub looks sick my man. Job well done dude I read all the way from page 1 lol. I bought 2 15inch nightshades like last week, cant wait till they come in and i start my build log!!! :slayer:

Thanks for looking!

I can not wait to see your build log either! NightShades are massive subs :peepwall: I would have to buy new rear springs for my car to support the added weight! As it is now the ass end sags! I just might get springs made for my car regardless. I hate the sagging ass end look :ohnoes9:

Great build man. I wish I could do the deck like yours, but my double dine needs space in the back. You gave an idea too late on my tweeter location. I actually started doing my tweeters in my a-pillars. Keep up the great work. I am glued on this build.

Thanks raolito.

Did you start a build log?

Those sails came out nice, wish i had some fabrication skills in the car audio arena. I just get frustrated easily with it. Can't wait to see the subs in action, they are absolute monsters, what size box you going to put them in.

Those sails came out nice, wish i had some fabrication skills in the car audio arena. I just get frustrated easily with it. Can't wait to see the subs in action, they are absolute monsters, what size box you going to put them in.

Fabrication takes time especially when you are learning as you go :)

Enclosure size will be between 3.5-4.0 ft^3 with lots of port area tuned @30hz.

I ordered the copper coils. Which did you get?

Just read this whole log, So much detail, your work is very impressive, congrats on your home, and the build looks great! :monalisa:

Fabrication takes time especially when you are learning as you go :)

Enclosure size will be between 3.5-4.0 ft^3 with lots of port area tuned @30hz.

I ordered the copper coils. Which did you get?

Sweet, I went with copper also, I love copper coil subs!

Anybody want to guess what I would be doing with two 2" Precision ports?

Edit-0111.jpg

Bookshelf boxes?

Bookshelf boxes?

I am going to be porting my midbass in my doors.

Here are a couple vids of my midbass drivers

Have heard about porting midbass in doors but seems it is not done very often. Will be tuned into this for sure!! :drink40:

Looking forward to the door build! What are you tuning the mids to?

Have heard about porting midbass in doors but seems it is not done very often. Will be tuned into this for sure!! :drink40:

I am going to be starting the doors this upcoming weekend. I am anxious and nervous :peepwall:

Looking forward to the door build! What are you tuning the mids to?

I am shooting for 0.5^3ft tuned to 60hz. The mids will play high 50's to around 250hz. The only little issue with this is I am limiting the hpf for the mids to the high 50's which will also be the lpf setting for the subs. Hopefully everything blends in nicely.

I am going to be starting the doors this upcoming weekend. I am anxious and nervous :peepwall:

I understand it is a bigger project, but if they are anything like the tweeter pods they should turn out nicely.

Sweet, I've actually had the idea a while back for my jeep, ported midbass :D

Glad to see someone doing it here!

I understand it is a bigger project, but if they are anything like the tweeter pods they should turn out nicely.

Thanks sefugi. This will be my first attempt at fiberglass and vinyl. You should PM me your number so I can call you when I run into trouble :peepwall::)

Sweet, I've actually had the idea a while back for my jeep, ported midbass :D

Glad to see someone doing it here!

Cool, I will need to look at your build log!