Sign in to follow this  
azphat12

Question on SA-12's

Ok, just bought a new car and my ported box does not fit. So I need to make a new one.

I have a 2008 Civic SI coupe. What I am wondering is speaker/port placement. I am use to SUV's and sub up / port back.

I have read with a trunk that sub back / port back is the way to go. Just asking to make sure before I buy the material and build this box.

Also, I see that SA 12's are 1.5 to 2.0 for ported boxes. With 1.75 being on there spec sheet.

I have 1250 watts to push 2 12's and was wondering. Would it be better to go 1.5 / 1.75 / or 2? And what hz would you recommend?

Currently the box I have is 3.5 @ 32hz and sounds ok with JL 12w3's in it.

I am playing 70% rap/bass cd and 30% rock/metal right now. Should I stay at 32 or would there be a better hz to shoot for?

I plan on selling the JL 12's with ported box soon and buying the SA 12's. Going to make the box hopefully in the next couple weeks.

I tend to prefer a 35hz tuning. Optimum is 1.75^3ft but it will come down to the vehicle and install as to how it will sound in the end.

Ok, just bought a new car and my ported box does not fit. So I need to make a new one.

I have a 2008 Civic SI coupe. What I am wondering is speaker/port placement. I am use to SUV's and sub up / port back.

I have read with a trunk that sub back / port back is the way to go. Just asking to make sure before I buy the material and build this box.

Also, I see that SA 12's are 1.5 to 2.0 for ported boxes. With 1.75 being on there spec sheet.

I have 1250 watts to push 2 12's and was wondering. Would it be better to go 1.5 / 1.75 / or 2? And what hz would you recommend?

Currently the box I have is 3.5 @ 32hz and sounds ok with JL 12w3's in it.

I am playing 70% rap/bass cd and 30% rock/metal right now. Should I stay at 32 or would there be a better hz to shoot for?

I plan on selling the JL 12's with ported box soon and buying the SA 12's. Going to make the box hopefully in the next couple weeks.

I should add. I like LOTS of bass. I am not looking at winning any SPL contests. I want to feel/hear it. Right now the JL's can rattle my eyeballs a little at 800watts. With the SA's I will be able to go to 1ohm and get the amp to 1250.

I know it is probably far fetched, but I want to get on the path of the hairtrick! lol....anyway. Thanks for any help!

i say 2 cubes per sub from experience. they like the bigger box and 33 hz IMO, this is from doing multiple installs with SA-12s

i say 2 cubes per sub from experience. they like the bigger box and 33 hz IMO, this is from doing multiple installs with SA-12s

Thanks for the info.

Might I ask what the difference would be going from 3.5 to 4 cu ft? And also, what would I hear different moving from say 32hz to 33hz or maybe down to 30hz?

I currently have a box 3.5 @ 32hz but need to rebuild it for a different vehicle.

Does a bigger box need less power from the amp?

Say I have 1250 watts on the 3.5 cu ft box. Would I hear an increased output taking that same amp to a larger box?

Thanks for the info.

Might I ask what the difference would be going from 3.5 to 4 cu ft? And also, what would I hear different moving from say 32hz to 33hz or maybe down to 30hz?

I currently have a box 3.5 @ 32hz but need to rebuild it for a different vehicle.

Say I have 1250 watts on the 3.5 cu ft box. Would I hear an increased output taking that same amp to a larger box?

Nothing audible to your ear!

Thanks for the info.

Nothing audible to your ear!

Ok if I cant hear it, I assume I would feel it? How much difference would it be...

Sign in to follow this