BanginGMC

1 out of 2 strapped 3500d won't power on

Eh, I reread your last post and that is some strange shit.

If I read that right you have no remote wire from the HU and only one from 3500 to 3500 and they cut on? Yes? No?

Correct, for the most part.. The master only turns on.

Go get a relay Dom and start over from the deck with your remote wire. Wire it up just like I said above.

A 30 amp relay is like $2.50.

Thats where I would start

I'll get one, that doesn't explain the issues though, no head unit power, no key on power, no more the 1 remote for both amps, connecting both amps, master amp turns on the second the remote wire touches the rem input on the amp.

I'm confused and frusterated, I have a competition coming up and with the holidays I rarely have time to work on my trucks audio.

I've been waiting for Jacob to help me out on these questions, since he is the one who owns the company and would know the solution.

:roflmao: Doesnt mean he is the only one who can help you out, if thats the case then just email him. But others are trying to help you out as well, good luck with getting your problem solved.

You are right, he's not the only one.. but he is someone that can help.

My suggestion stands at re-doing the remote wire system -- I have not seen an issue like yours before or I'd make a suggestion based on that. In the mean time there is an obvious remote problem that should be tackled -- then go from there for more troubleshooting. One thing at a time when troubleshooting :)

Here is your end all answer, hehe.

Make sure stereo is off and car is off.

Take a small piece of wire, like speaker wire, and jump the remote output to your power connector.

It will or SHOULD spark. It should then turn the amp on.

If it does, you have definite remote out problem.

I would not trust alpine rep about remote wire quantity.

Anything over 1 device, in my perference, i put a relay on it. Prevents headunit's remote out from burning up.

Second...

If jumping the remote over to the power works for both amps, you have 2 options-

1- rip out, inspect and rewire remote setup using a relay.

2- tap into ignition wire and use that as a source for powering on your amps.

(note- using ignition wire means amps will be on the entire time the car is on, not just when stereo is on. there is no problem in this, but just a fyi.)

anywhere really.. I believe Autozone should even sell them.

Just ask for a 20 or 30 amp relay.

If u got an audio shop around town, go and ask if they got any extra 20 or 30A relays leftover u can have, u only need one.

They cost less than $5 so if they try n sell one to u for an ungodly price.. don't buy it.

This is a simply ridiculous thread.

You know where the issues is, it's between the Head-unit and the amps.

Do not post again until you do this

~~~ Take your radio out of your dash, disconnect current remote wire/wires. Connect a new one and go straight to amps without running under anything or hiding it, just straight to amps and see it it works right.~~~

Why would redoing my headunit remote wire stop my master amp from turning on when the head unit is OFF? That's what I want to STOP from happening and redoing a wire from my headunit isn't going to help that. It has nothing to do with my head unit, the amp is getting power without the head unit on, the head unit isn't even connected to the amps in anyway besides the rcas and it turns on?

There is something wrong with something, I'm not going to just redo my remote wire from my head unit until I fix it, that's ignorant.. I want to fix the problem and then redo my remote wire.

Is the sole problem was my amps weren't turning on, then yes, okay that makes sense 100 percent to redo my remote wire.

I say just send me the amps and get some new ones :peepwall:

then either something else is touching the remote wire that's also touching constant on or the output is damaged...

If that's the case- use ignition turn on.

I'd have to agree with shizzzon, it kind of sounds like it's touching a constant 12v source behind the radio or the radio's remote output is damaged.

Why would redoing my headunit remote wire stop my master amp from turning on when the head unit is OFF? That's what I want to STOP from happening and redoing a wire from my headunit isn't going to help that. It has nothing to do with my head unit, the amp is getting power without the head unit on, the head unit isn't even connected to the amps in anyway besides the rcas and it turns on?

There is something wrong with something, I'm not going to just redo my remote wire from my head unit until I fix it, that's ignorant.. I want to fix the problem and then redo my remote wire.

Is the sole problem was my amps weren't turning on, then yes, okay that makes sense 100 percent to redo my remote wire.

You didn't read anything I wrote, did you.

Your wire could be shorting on something between your radio and amps, so just running a quick little wire from radio to amp could see if this is true.

It is also "ignorant" that someone with as many amps/woofer/speakers as you have can't figure out a simple remote wire issue.

Man if the amps turn on (radio & car off) means its a wiring problem. If it was a amp problem it wouldn't come on at all or it will be in protect. I'm with everyone else in that I think its a problem with your remote wire. Pull your head unit out and check the wires.

As stated above pull out the radio and check the remote wire connections. I would recommend the relay setup as well.

Nobody can actually tell you "why" they turn on don't. It's just one of those situations that takes some simple troubleshooting and a little work with the dmm.

Good luck!

I'd have to agree with shizzzon, it kind of sounds like it's touching a constant 12v source behind the radio or the radio's remote output is damaged.

Dude, no that is impossible BECAUSE THERE IS NO REM WIRE COMING FROM THE RADIO TO THE AMP! NONE AT ALL! I unplugged the rem wire from the radio and just left a 4 inch rem wire connecting both amps. I could throw the radio out the window and the amp will still turn on because there is NO REM WIRE COMING FROM THE RADIO TO THE AMP. I said this many times.

I'm not meaning to be an asshole towards you or anything Ulrisa, i'm trying to make things clear.

I don't know if i'm being blind and missing something here, but it doesn't seem like anyone is understanding what i'm saying..

As stated above pull out the radio and check the remote wire connections. I would recommend the relay setup as well.

Nobody can actually tell you "why" they turn on don't. It's just one of those situations that takes some simple troubleshooting and a little work with the dmm.

Good luck!

That would help me, and i will do that.. after i figure out why one of my amps turn on when it isn't connected to the radio by a rem wire. I'm not being hard headed and saying I shouldn't do that to figure out why it wasn't turning on and why the voltage on the rem wire is 005.. i already know that.. i want to find out why my master amp will turn on when its not connected to the radio by a rem wire. The only thing i have connecting the amp to the head unit is RCAs.. but when i connect amps together with the rem wire my master amp turns on.. when its not even connected to the head unit

Dude, no that is impossible BECAUSE THERE IS NO REM WIRE COMING FROM THE RADIO TO THE AMP! NONE AT ALL! I unplugged the rem wire from the radio and just left a 4 inch rem wire connecting both amps. I could throw the radio out the window and the amp will still turn on because there is NO REM WIRE COMING FROM THE RADIO TO THE AMP. I said this many times.

I'm not meaning to be an arseho towards you or anything Ulrisa, i'm trying to make things clear.

I don't know if i'm being blind and missing something here, but it doesn't seem like anyone is understanding what i'm saying..

Well for some reason that did not come across in your posts, it's clear now. Hopefully someone can help you with that, that is very strange seeing as how the remote output should not be putting out any voltage whatsoever.

can you sell me one Bangin'??? I need an upgrade... lulz...

for real though, that is weird.. power transfer from the other amp none of which have the remote 12v connected to battery... Are all the other wires still connected? Something shorting? I'm just thinking in terms of electricity and possibly something is triggering power from the batteries??? Maybe God wants you to get rid of your "slave" amp because having a slave is wrong???

Hey guys.... I been talkin to him... it's different than you're realizing...

Right now, the only wires connected to the amp ARE: BATT+, Ground, speaker wires AND RCA's. The wire from the HU is no longer connected to the amps at any point in the line.

What happens is that when he connects, with a short 4" lead, the remote terminal of the master, to the slave, the master powers on.

I have seen these kinds of problems in motor control centers when a relay or contactor's neutral/ground gets a bad connection. It can cause a strange feedback like situation, for reasons unknown to me that causes others to stay pulled in, or not work, and otherwise wreak complete havoc in the panel on anything that shares the same set of power and ground connections.

I believe there's a problem with a remote relay inside one of the amps.

Before getting too caught up in the weird problem do simple things.

Put 12v on each amps remote connection one at a time and see if they behave normally.

If not then we can go back to the weird problem.

he's doing that troubleshooting step right now

If they play one at a time - next turn them both on with 12v and see if they play.

Okay, as soon as i connected the rem wire to the slave amp, both amps turned on (before i turned on HU or had key in ignition) I turned on the Head Unit, amps stayed on.. I turned off the Head Unit and took my key out, amps stayed on.