BanginGMC

1 out of 2 strapped 3500d won't power on

So this is what's going on start from here-

Remote wire going from headunit to 100.4 this amp works fine and ALWAYS STAYS CONNECTED.

Remote wire to each 3500d separately results in amp coming on without stereo on.

this does not happen to 100.4 (as far as we know)

It appears to be amplifier problem or an overload on the headunit.

Okay -- whichever one is not switching on and off normally may need a repair. Just double check them one at a time both on and off -- whichever unit does not behave correctly can get sent over to dB-R for examination.

Okay -- whichever one is not switching on and off normally may need a repair. Just double check them one at a time both on and off -- whichever unit does not behave correctly can get sent over to dB-R for examination.

ftw on xmas eve :drink40:

I believe it's the slave amp, because it seems to be back feeding therefore turning my master amp on once I connect the 2 using a short rem. I took a DMM and measured the voltage coming off the rem for the slave amp, it was at 9-7 then 6-4 then 3-1 then went back up.

At whose expense would the amp be shipped to db-r then repaird?

I believe it's the slave amp, because it seems to be back feeding therefore turning my master amp on once I connect the 2 using a short rem. I took a DMM and measured the voltage coming off the rem for the slave amp, it was at 9-7 then 6-4 then 3-1 then went back up.

At whose expense would the amp be shipped to db-r then repaird?

If your amp is under warranty (make a copy of your invoice for dB-R to verify) then you simply need to ship it to dB-R and we cover repair / shipping back to you.

You could fill out his repair request form today and I'm sure he'll get back w/ you after the Holiday :

http://www.db-r.com/cs/css/ttx.cgi

Again, for warranty repair -- mention that it is for warranty on the request ticket so Chris knows what he is getting.

Okay, I'll do that today, thank you Jacob. From what it sounds like, do you think it's going to be under warranty?

We have received your message and created a service ticket #****. Please refer to this number in all follow-up communications relating to this specific issue. -- dB-r

so you are getting one of the two fixed! nice! make sure to post updates!

Chris thinks the transistor that handles the remote turn on function is shorted.

Sending the amp into dB-r shortly.

nice.. good to hear man