FOH

Fi IB3-18

suggestions on what amp to use? I'd like to run a pair of drivers to start.....hard to find mono amps that can drive 2ohm/4ohm speakers if I'm only using a pair.

I have custom dual 4 ohm coils run series/parallel 2 IB3 18's per EP4000 bridged 4 ohm. You could run 2 single 2 ohm IB3 18s off an EP4000 either stereo 2 ohm or bridged 4 ohm. Be careful, you have a lot more power than you need, you will never ever cook a coil with it (I ran 10Hz full excursion at tuning for 10 minutes and the amp got a touch warm, barely at all, but the subs stayed cool) but you could run into over excursions quickly without warning as they soiund just as good near full excursion as they do with no visible excursion at all. The new ones look sick, I didnt even notice but my girlfriend did.

Back up on the site.... finally. New motor and cooling.

Thanks,

Scott

Look pretty sick Scott, I didnt even notice but Brandy did. Sure wish i got replies about recones for the 1803s....

Id sure like to see what Brian's FR looks like with 8 sealed up IB.... heres what Im doing with some more bracing and sealing up to go yet:

My title "sealed up" is misleading, I am ported 1000 cubic feet tuned to 5Hz, I closed the entry way door to "seal up" the listening room a little better adding quite a bit in the single digits. I need to brace the ceiling more and seal up both the manifold door as air leaks around it as well as the entry way door.

sealedup.jpg