FOH

Fi IB3-18

sorry man, too late. I just got the hook up from Incriminator, 4 21" Death Penalty's modified for IB... doing 2 manifolds. I was selling my good as new IB3s for $50/ea plus shipping but a local guy just bought them all for $75/ea.

The towers are coming down, salvaging the wood to make this:

back.jpg

front.jpg

initial.jpg

room-1.jpg

similar to this guys:

IMG_1360.jpg

What is it with you people!

Everyone here seems to be a big tease!! :suicide-santa:

I'm saying in jest...kind of...

Dave, it is only because I feel your pain. I took a double dose, but both were for 3 years mate.

maybe this will help you though:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1329966

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1331081

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1330380

Not exactly what you are looking for, but right now you got nuthin but time to wait, may as well read, Mark at Mach 5 is considering helping out, may do some 18s, is doing 21s. Nick at IA has already built some modded 21" DPs for IB/HT, he's just next to impossible to get ahold of and a stickler about TS params.

Otherwise, all I can say is wait it out... IB3s are obviousely worth it.

Re: Blueprint Forum and driver specs

« Reply #19 on Apr 22, 2011, 12:31pm »

Should have sample 18 out of the new shop on Tuesday. We will check out the dims and make sure it is correct and go into production. We will have stock in 2 weeks and then spend a couple of days finishing them.

We have had MANY set backs in moving every item we can back to the US. Latest of which is the exponential price increase on Neo. We had originally designed the new IB3 motor around a unique/flexible neo design... but with the insane increases in Neo, we had to scrap that even after tooling was finished and parts were sampled in favor of a ceramic motor. I am not one to spend more on products or increase cost without the $ spent being of a significant performance increase to the customer.

So... we are in the middle of sampling out the new tools/parts for the motor and we should be back in business with steel a week after we are back in stock with baskets.

We are out of 18" 12 spoke baskets now. We arent producing other subs with that basket, nor have we produced any other subs with the IB3 motor. The last subs produced with that motor were IB3 (although we use it for OEM and several other projects). We can not wait for things to be straightened out and running smooth again.

We truly appreciate your patience with all things IB3 and with the eventual transfer over to Blueprint. It has been a rough transition back to US vendors but we truly believe it is the right thing to do. Future additions to our companies (motors, baskets, and other soft parts) will all be US tooled and made. I will keep a couple of key people posted as well as this forum over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Scott

I'm still not sure what this ultimately means.

Are we two weeks away, or something much greater because of unforeseen Spider and motor changes? :ughdunno:

Should have sample 18 out of the new shop on Tuesday. We will check out the dims and make sure it is correct and go into production. We will have stock in 2 weeks and then spend a couple of days finishing them.

We have had MANY set backs in moving every item we can back to the US. Latest of which is the exponential price increase on Neo. We had originally designed the new IB3 motor around a unique/flexible neo design... but with the insane increases in Neo, we had to scrap that even after tooling was finished and parts were sampled in favor of a ceramic motor. I am not one to spend more on products or increase cost without the $ spent being of a significant performance increase to the customer.

So... we are in the middle of sampling out the new tools/parts for the motor and we should be back in business with steel a week after we are back in stock with baskets.

We are out of 18" 12 spoke baskets now. We arent producing other subs with that basket, nor have we produced any other subs with the IB3 motor. The last subs produced with that motor were IB3 (although we use it for OEM and several other projects). We can not wait for things to be straightened out and running smooth again.

We truly appreciate your patience with all things IB3 and with the eventual transfer over to Blueprint. It has been a rough transition back to US vendors but we truly believe it is the right thing to do. Future additions to our companies (motors, baskets, and other soft parts) will all be US tooled and made. I will keep a couple of key people posted as well as this forum over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Scott

Are we two weeks away, or something much greater because of unforeseen Spider and motor changes? :ughdunno:

I tried to get you to email me about it, but I haven't gotten any :(

Thanks,

Scott

No idea where you are getting a spider change from that?

As he said..we are in the middle of sampling steel parts for forgings...and we should be in stock with them a week after the baskets.

The baskets are 2 weeks out (we got the sample in tuesday)..so that would mean that the steel parts are ballparked around 3 weeks to the best of our knowledge...until we have something more concrete then that...I can not put a exact date.

We can't forsee things that are outside of our control...we're simply going by what our vendors are telling us.

My mistake - I just misread and misused terms - steel/motors/baskets/spiders...

That's why it's your business and my hobby...

I'm just anxious.

as am I. I'm holding off on other purchases for my kick-ass basement theater until I can lock down the sub solution....

I'm ready to see the new USA made basket, that is affordable.

I know another company has one, but its a unGodly amount they want for it. ;)

im also curious about the neo mags for the ssd

wiil they be produced or are the prices to high?

Neo is not happening for the SSD.

It would have to be priced in the N2 range...and it is not adding that much performance, it is still an SSD.

It would have to be priced in the N2 range...and it is not adding that much performance, it is still an SSD.

ok i love the ssd anyway im just waiting for them to be available so i can drop another 10 in my truck!

Can anyone give the msrp for IB3 in 18" &/Or 15" models, for once they're available?

I'm disappointed in not getting Neo SSD's, but can understand if its going to cost that much.

Why did NEO all of a sudden jump in price?

I'm disappointed in not getting Neo SSD's, but can understand if its going to cost that much.

Why did NEO all of a sudden jump in price?

Nearly all rare metals have risen in price, some more than others (copper and silver come to mind). Silver alloy brazing rods used for joining copper tubing went from $80 in Jan to $150 in April...

:| Bummer.

bump for an update. sent an email a week ago and no reply. I've been quite patient but am about to spend money elsewhere

TCSounds has an upcoming price jump esp on the 5100 PRO since it has neo... 40%, $899 to $1200

Like TC wasn't already overpriced.

Jesus.

Neo isn't happening for SSD?

I don't know if this was said before it said on the site: "Neo SSD's are coming."

TCSounds has an upcoming price jump esp on the 5100 PRO since it has neo... 40%, $899 to $1200

Like TC wasn't already overpriced.

Jesus.

Depends on what you mean with overpriced.( it's quite expensive but it's a better product then most in a certain niche.)

And those MSRP prices are not at how much they will get sold ;)

There were several people on several forums that wanted to purchase my IB3s. I just got done with my manifold and it was a huge success and I haven't even ported it yet, so I am true infinite baffled right now. I just found out today there is a competition June3rd-5th. I have never competed and I have only been to 2 in my life when I was a kid. I won't have custom recones for the 1803's by then or brackets for my 2nd alternator, so I might pull the IB3s from my home theater and put them in the van to compete. If I do this I will most likely blow them up from over excursion when I am trying to squeeze out that last .5dB

If anyone is interested in purchasing 4 blown IB3s and reconing them, email me at kryptonitewhite at hotmail dot com. I may just sell them blown and buy the new ones when they come out or go with something else.

Here are REW sweps I did the other day NOT EQed yet in 5dB increments till the end to see where compression starts. I just got the Behringer EQ yesterday from Jim, thank you Zora!

file.php?n=6660&w=s.jpg

file.php?n=6657&w=s.jpg

file.php?n=6658&w=s.jpg

file.php?n=6654&w=s.jpg

These were taken before I mounted it to the door, maifold was just set there for a mach up.

file.php?n=6622&w=s.jpg

file.php?n=6608&w=s.jpg

well i cant make those links work, and all 3 of my photobucket accounts keep exceeding bandwidth since they got popular, but Ill try these

CIMG5330.jpg

CIMG5329.jpg

CIMG5328.jpg

CIMG5327.jpg

CIMG5326.jpg

CIMG5325.jpg

CIMG5322.jpg

NO EQ, NO smoothing, NO Audyssey, NO nothin!

bottom.jpg

top.jpg

And that suck out at 47Hz is awesome as I will be EQing down around 45Hz anyway.

Back up on the site.... finally. New motor and cooling.

Thanks,

Scott

Back up on the site.... finally. New motor and cooling.

Thanks,

Scott

awesome. So, same motor structure for all three models? Any deals for qty purchase (i.e four)?