blkbeater

Yet another q vs bl

I read a majority of the comparisons but still can't decide, basically I have an aq3500d for the power, it will be in a 2000 explorer walled, I'll be getting 2 18's.

I love c&s rap with mid 20hz notes and higher. I want it to be able to destroy those notes. I also listen to alot of "un-touched" rap and some rock. I was shocked how many ppl recommend the bl so I figured I'd ask. Thanks for any help

Edited by blkbeater

I had the same decision and went with the Q, I am also hoping to hammer the low notes, box will be tuned to 28 so we shall see. Good luck with your choice. I dont think either one will be a bad one.

I would get the BL with the 4" coil option.

I don't think you can fit 4 18"s and enough port area.

I would do 2 BL 18"s with the 4" coil walled with about 240^2 port.

I love my Q. Tuned low in a small ported box. I recently just let it go and upped the volume. Sugar from Lo rida hits so hard I love it. Although the BL may get louder, the Q handles the low extremely well. No regrets whatsoever.

Idk the ssd's are stuck in my head. I'm thinkin 4 15's or 18's if I can make em fit. Better bang for my buck I'm thinkin

Only issue is I have kid so back seats are a must

Edited by blkbeater

Idk the ssd's are stuck in my head. I'm thinkin 4 15's or 18's if I can make em fit. Better bang for my buck I'm thinkin

Only issue is I have kid so back seats are a must

If SSD's are stuck in your head, then why don't you just get them? We are giving you our opinion, and it sounds like your just sticking to what you want to do. It sounds like you already have a plan that you want to stick to. I would suggest you get the SSD's since that is the plan that you have already started to build.

And why would you build a wall if you still have a kid to drive around???? You should'nt even be thinking about any kind of wall :WTFBubble:

I haven't heard the ssd's and was trying to inquire on some input. And do u really think I drive around with it on with my kid in the car. I have a 148 db system now but I don't play it while he's in the car. But I thought I'd ask ppl who have used fi what they would reccommend

I haven't heard the ssd's and was trying to inquire on some input. And do u really think I drive around with it on with my kid in the car. I have a 148 db system now but I don't play it while he's in the car. But I thought I'd ask ppl who have used fi what they would reccommend

If you want Q's id suggest the Q's the SSD's i've played with has some trouble playing the lows and making them feel like they are in your face. The BL's will have more motor force have higher SPL but i haven't played with them i dno how the lows are on them

I had the same decision and went with the Q, I am also hoping to hammer the low notes, box will be tuned to 28 so we shall see. Good luck with your choice. I dont think either one will be a bad one.

And most likely just like the OP you would have been better off with the BL's and a different box. :bangshead:

And most likely just like the OP you would have been better off with the BL's and a different box. :bangshead:

What makes you say that? I dont remember you chiming in on any thread I have made asking for opinions before.

What makes you say that? I dont remember you chiming in on any thread I have made asking for opinions before.

Because you misread the OP's goals here and it isn't right for him. I probably didn't pipe up in your thread because of the energy put into making it. Perhaps I just missed it though.

Well the deciding factor will be what would fit. If I can get 4 15" ssd's to fit I'll do that however I'd prefer 18's. If not I'll probably just do 2 18" bl's

Edit: I'm tryin to base it around my aq3500d

Edited by blkbeater

i have q's and i wish i would have got bl's

What don't u like about em? Or why would u want the bl's?

because the output from 55-65hz is kinda weak compared to other subs (in a 9 cube box tuned to 32hz)

Edited by Dangerous10k

i have q's and i wish i would have got bl's

What don't u like about em? Or why would u want the bl's?

because the output from 55-65hz is kinda weak compared to other subs (in a 9 cube box tuned to 32hz)

dont get my wrong they destroy lows and sound great playing rock