Well I was planning on getting the Sundown 2500 until it went to 815 dollars, there is no way I have the money for that, I can dish out maybe 600 tops...was looking at the HiFonics Brutus 2400, but I dont know if they are good or not, everywhere I have looked they have positive feedback...any suggestions??

Try looking occasionally on db-r.com... They are an authorized sundown repair company and they will sell refurbished amps for cheap. Or you can check the for sale section of the forum for a good deal.

Try looking occasionally on db-r.com... They are an authorized sundown repair company and they will sell refurbished amps for cheap. Or you can check the for sale section of the forum for a good deal.

none on db-r or on the ssa certified used =(

Well if you don't want to wait the hifonics will suffice. Had one for awhile and it did the job and didn't cost an arm and a leg. With the extra money you could look into getting more batts, wire, alt, etc...

Well if you don't want to wait the hifonics will suffice. Had one for awhile and it did the job and didn't cost an arm and a leg. With the extra money you could look into getting more batts, wire, alt, etc...

thats what im thinking...i mean if I REALLY need to I can get the sundown but I'm going to have to ask help from my parents and I would rather not do that...but I don't wanna buy HiFonics if it is junk...also what would you recommended me buy as far as electrical (alternator, battery, etc)? and should I just go with HiFonics or something else?

I recommend 1/0 welding wire and at least an extra battery, the need for an alt depends on your stock alt but at that power it's recommended that you get an aftermarket alt.

For the money i would actually look into an audioque 2200.1.... will probably put out more power than the hifonics at roughly the same price.

I recommend 1/0 welding wire and at least an extra battery, the need for an alt depends on your stock alt but at that power it's recommended that you get an aftermarket alt.

For the money i would actually look into an audioque 2200.1.... will probably put out more power than the hifonics at roughly the same price.

yea i will go ahead and get that amp then. I have an 07 F150 4.2L, I have no idea what my alt is right now....

The alt might be ok, but you should get a voltmeter to check while on full tilt just in case, and remember to do the big 3.

The alt might be ok, but you should get a voltmeter to check while on full tilt just in case, and remember to do the big 3.

thanks and whats the big 3?

You can find them used all over.

If you put that amp in your car stock you will burn up a lot of money. Going to cost more to support it than to buy it.

Do you really need that much power?

well i need it to push my two icons. basically trying to make the most i can get in my regular cab...id be pissed if these werent louder than my jl 12W3's (which only had 1000 watts to them)

well i need it to push my two icons. basically trying to make the most i can get in my regular cab...id be pissed if these werent louder than my jl 12W3's (which only had 1000 watts to them)

probably not?? thats just what i was recommended...i need at least 2000 watts obviously

probably not?? thats just what i was recommended...i need at least 2000 watts obviously

The only thing obvious is that you have no idea what you need. You don't need anywhere near that and won't hear the difference.

The only thing obvious is that you have no idea what you need. You don't need anywhere near that and won't hear the difference.

mark recommended the sundown so i assumed that was the way to go...there 1000 watts rms each...what do i need then?

Sundown has quality amplifiers, that is why Mark suggested them. What ///M5 is getting at, is that there is no law that says you need to run rms power. It is better to have less power and a proper electrical system with gains set correctly then it is to have RMS or more then RMS power. As there is no such thing as "under powering", people don't need to focus so hard on wattage. Yes, headroom is very nice, but not paramount. :)

Check the for sale section. I have (2) mb quart dsc1500.1s available for a good price. I was using (1) dsc1500.1 on a 12" Icon and it worked great. The amp is rated at 1500wrms @ 1 ohm. One amp would work great for (2) Icons. With them being "louder" than your JL's, that is mostly install, box, etc.

ok so...if you guys were to recommend the next step as far as my setup goes what amp should i look into and what other things do i need to focus on (unfortunately i dont know much about how to do the big 3 so I would have to pay someone to do that for me...i have no idea when that will happen because I have already dropped quite a bit of cash into my system)

i may just get the audioque amp...i need something soon...havent had an amp for over a month i think its time...

You'll end up more pissed when you spend a bunch of money on a high powered amp and sub and end up blowing something up because you couldn't actually support the system, or when you don't get anywhere near full potential out of them because you couldn't properly support the system.

IMO you're in over your head. If you weren't even aware of what the "big 3" were, you'll do way more damage than good with a high powered system. You can't toss a 2kw+ amplifier on a stock electrical system and expect to get anywhere near full performance, in addition to running the risk of damaging equipment.

What is your budget for everything.....amplifier, electrical system upgrades, etc? What can you replace/add/upgrade as far as the electrical system is concerned? What does your electrical system consist of now?

You'll end up more pissed when you spend a bunch of money on a high powered amp and sub and end up blowing something up because you couldn't actually support the system, or when you don't get anywhere near full potential out of them because you couldn't properly support the system.

IMO you're in over your head. If you weren't even aware of what the "big 3" were, you'll do way more damage than good with a high powered system. You can't toss a 2kw+ amplifier on a stock electrical system and expect to get anywhere near full performance, in addition to running the risk of damaging equipment.

What is your budget for everything.....amplifier, electrical system upgrades, etc? What can you replace/add/upgrade as far as the electrical system is concerned? What does your electrical system consist of now?

budget is about 600 dollars...no upgrades to electrical just the stock alternator, etc

Why not do the BIG3 right now to start?