dgrubbs

stuck on speakers

I'm looking to buy some speakers but i'm a little stuck i'm looking at either one 15 BTL or 2 15 BL's. The thing is i really want to know which would be louder as far as bass and quality? What kind of setup should I use?

I'm about to buy me a 2000- 2005 impala ls 3.8 v6 125amp alt. With the two Bls would i need to get a h.o. alt or would i be ok with just 1 optima yellow top in the trunk and a battery under the hood, of course the big 3 is going to be done but will 4 gauge wire be enough. also this is a daily system that i'm setting up

I'm going to get 1 1500 watt brutus mono amp for now.

a little help from everyone will be great thanks.

Do you know the maximum box size you can fit in the car?

Two 15"s in a trunk ?! You have such a big trunk in an impala ?

no im not to sure. never measured and i dont have the car right now but im pretty sure it can fit 2 15s or more. thats another reason y i was asking was the 1 btl or the 2 bls louder

no im not to sure. never measured and i dont have the car right now but im pretty sure it can fit 2 15s or more. thats another reason y i was asking was the 1 btl or the 2 bls louder

More cone area so the 15's SHOULD be louder. But that is not only the case, if you decide to choke them then they wont perform to the best of there ability. You think you can fit around 6-7 cuft before displacements??

Impalas do have big trunks, dont know if you can successfully throw two 15"s in there. It is all in the install on what will be louder, going by cone area the 2-15" BLs should be louder. If you cant fit them in the right box then the 15"BTL will be your best bet. I would wait till I get the car and see what I can fit before making any decisions.

I say go with a single 15 in a 4cubic something ported enclosure with a massive port lol!!!

I know your car has a big trunk area but where will your amp(s) and extra batteries go?

I say go with a single 15 and keep all the equipment in the trunk! ;) and make it look nice! I think with the 2-15 (8cubic box or so) it will be all crammed in and you will be bagging for space. also 2-15 is a lot of weight!

I tried to go with 2-15 back in the day lol now i got two 12's!

much better fit!

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

go 1 15 ported theres not enough room for 2 15's ported with the right size box. but u could probably do 2 15's sealed, but i would definately go ported. i recently got a 93 mustang and my 3.5 cu ft single 15 box is to big so i had to go sealed. i honestly hate it im like half as loud as i was with the ported setup

The reason I asked is because of the previously stated, I don't believe you can fit 2 15" subs in a ported enclosure in that trunk. I've designed a box for a 15" L7 in that year impala for a friend, don't remember the gross volume of the box but net was 3.5ft^3 and there wasn't very much room for a bigger box.

so how does 2 12 bls sound over a 15 btl in the impala of course ported?

Really all install dependent to be honest with you, either setup will get the job done and more. Now if your talking BL's with 4" coils and good amount of power then they could have the slight edge. Really the only way to tell is buy both and meter if you want to know what will be louder.