My girl has an ICON on 1k in 2.5 cubes tuned to 32hz, i'm meeting full excursion on the subwoofer with our listening habits. I'm looking to upgrade to an XCON so it can handle the abuse better and so we can have possible upgrade(s) in near future.

What are the Pros and Cons of upgrading? How does the XCON handle 1k? Looking for short and sweet answers :)

Thanks guys!

Dom.

I most likely will, I just don't want it to be starving for :morepower1:

Some insight from Aaron would be nice :)

It's going to be louder per watt, cleaner, and take the power like a champ. There's no such thing as underpowering a subwoofer.. C'mon Dom you know this.

Email Aaron if you must have his authority to power a damn speaker.

:WTFBubble:

:suicide-santa:

I did the same thing, but with 15" s. And I loved the upgrade ! No regret at all!!!

You WILL notice the change ! Louder, heavier, stronger bass. But I have the feeling the Icon goes lower.

Sorry, I was not online yesterday, strange occurrence I know. The end of that first sentence concerns me a little. I am not saying you did not set your gains correctly, or the box is wrong, but a true unclipped 1000 watts should not be pushing the Icon to it's utmost limits.

As for the Xcon, I drove around (well after all testing was finished and production was started of course) for around 4 months with the final Xcon 12 prototype sealed, with way less then 1000 watts on it, wearing a big stupid grin on my face. Now I know my output needs are different from others, but 1000 watts is PLENTY for great performance from an Xcon.

:)

It's going to be louder per watt, cleaner, and take the power like a champ. There's no such thing as underpowering a subwoofer.. C'mon Dom you know this.

Well no shit there is no such thing as underpowering a subwoofer. I just didn't want to be wasting my time and money.

Email Aaron if you must have his authority to power a damn speaker.

:WTFBubble:

I don't need anyones "authority" to power shit, just wanted some advice, don't be a douche dude..

Sorry, I was not online yesterday, strange occurrence I know. The end of that first sentence concerns me a little. I am not saying you did not set your gains correctly, or the box is wrong, but a true unclipped 1000 watts should not be pushing the Icon to it's utmost limits.

As for the Xcon, I drove around (well after all testing was finished and production was started of course) for around 4 months with the final Xcon 12 prototype sealed, with way less then 1000 watts on it, wearing a big stupid grin on my face. Now I know my output needs are different from others, but 1000 watts is PLENTY for great performance from an Xcon.

:)

It's okay, I wasn't in a hurry for an answer. I'm at full excursion with bass boosted songs and such, like decafs mixes while on full tilt, on regular music i'm golden. Thanks for the information Aaron :) I'll be upgrading :fing34:

If you power a 1000wrms sub or a 1750wrms sub with a 1000w bass boosted clipped signal it still will sound like chit and be harmful to your sub.

Imo you do not need a different sub but rather better control of your input signal.

If you power a 1000wrms sub or a 1750wrms sub with a 1000w bass boosted clipped signal it still will sound like chit and be harmful to your sub.

Imo you do not need a different sub but rather better control of your input signal.

The sub will be fine...