Havasufreak

Havasufreak Build Log

Well im getting closer and closer with more boxes arriving at my door.

So far i have my...

Fi Bl 10" Fully Loaded

my Sundown Audio SAE-1200D V.2

and some Mb Quart PVI 216 Components.

getting pretty excited and thanks for all of you who chimed in and helped with the sub and amp questions. all i need is my custom box to be made. (im gonna try to make my own and ill def post pictures. as well as ask questions about that so help will be needed. haha)

need to buy lots of 0 gauge wire for my big 3 and for other parts of the installation of course.

need to get some second skin or dynamat or whatever i find better when the time comes. as well as maybe some components or just some normal speakers for the rear.

here are some pics of what i got so far!

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Thanks for looking! Ill try to update as fast as i can on everything!

:bigok:

Whats this going in?

nice equipment. I have a Fi BL 12" and a Sundown SAZ-1500D and I love em. Sundown and Fi make great stuff and go the extra mile with customer service. Enjoy

my box is built! ill get some photos up tomorrow for day time pics. it turned out great!! just not sure if the port size is correct....

for giggles i hooked my old amp to the sub for now. its def not tuned correct at all. it starts to clip i think at high volume so i try not to really play the sub at all. sounds great for what i have to it though. cant wait for the real amp to power it up!!

Waiting for more!!! :popcorn:

ive been bad with pics, but i got just about everything installed yesterday! just going to add my stinger volt meter, finish tuning, add new terminals and a just tuck wire away.

any advice on the volt meter and most of all TUNING?? haha. ill get a boat load of pics up tomorrow of how everything turned out!!

(Assuming you have a Stinger volt meter?) Grab a dmm and check your idleing voltage. It will be somewhere in the 14's, then take off the front face and there will be a small dial that can move the voltage up or down. Just match it with the same voltage coming from the dmm.

Tuning: SSF tune a couple Hz below your enclosures tuning, no bass boost, the LPF is a personal preference, and the gain I would set accordingly.

good stuff... better see some pics and videos soon!!! :peepwall:

thanks mac n cheese!!

well. i got my stinger volt meter hooked up and i somewhat got the sub tuned....

but realized theres leaking right around the terminal cup. SOOO i ripped some carpet up and added more silicone. gonna wait a couple days for it to dry to be extra safe. put A LOT. haha. here some pics of atleast the sub box. ill get some day time pics of the components and everything aswell!!

im getting there!! WOO!! lol

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

thanks for looking!!

Edited by Havasufreak

Sexy sub. Was going to get aset of those components last year but was persuaded to the dark side and got some Eminence 6a's. Good lookin comps, would like to still give them a try sometime.

Mad props on building your own box. I am not carpentry inclined in any sense. So I let BassHeadsEnt.net take care of mine.

In for vids.

Checkout my build log if you get a chance. Thanks.

yea the components sound great! i added a bit more silicone to the sub box so ill have everything in soon! still wanna mess with my tuning a bit before i put the backseat in. (cant get to the amp with it in)

here some pics i promised

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

heres my amp rack on the back wall of my truck

IMG_0312.jpg

turned out pretty well i think

IMG_0313.jpg

and ill have this all filled up soon with my seats and sub. cant wait to get this box dry!!

IMG_0315.jpg

thanks for looking!!

ok. so i added the sub back in and the tuning is going alright. just the angle of the box has me concerned. let alone im curious how big the areo port needs to be? i have a small feeling its not the correct size and choking the sub.

any help would be great!!

whatever questions you need to ask would be great in order to help me out!

thanks!!

ok so i believe my sub box is about 1.08 cuft or very close to that.

if i was to add this kit here... http://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=711

you think that would fit my application? in order to get 34hz with a single 3" inlet im going to need a "13.06364" long tube. if i got this kit i could cut it to length?

what do you think?

with a box of that amount of cuft do you guys think i should tune to a different setting aswell? let me know what you think!!

Dude nice setup. Its coming along good. You are going to be very pleased with that BL. It packs a punch for such a little sucker. By the way which South Bay are you in LA or Frisco?

Thanks RXdriver11!!

Im in the Southern California LA area.

this build would be going a lot quicker if my port would hurry up in the mail! haha

so i had to go with a 2" flared port kit from precision. i was kinda worried about if the sub still wouldn't get enough air. damn was i wrong. this little 10 POUNDS. very happy with everything. i still need to tune and tweek a bit more power outta the amp. cant believe the sub should get a lil louder!

Rxdriver11 has offered to help me with his o scope as well. so im very happy about that and thank him again!! :drink40:

ill go take some pics now of how everything looks! still need to put all my interior and seats back in!

Edited by Havasufreak