CrazyKenKid

The unboxing

Hey guys so this year all i got for christmas was a tool set and some PJ's! which is cool but I thought I would get my self something extra lol!

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

i did get 2 of the NS v1 reconed from a pair of 15inch subs,. you might remember my other thread called death of 15inch subs or something like that loL so I got those reconed to 2-12inch subs! and also in the last pics I compared it to the Skar vvx 12inch sub which will be going into my girlfriends car sooner then later!

damn brother!!! i just installed my new SKAR and these pics are making it look pretty puny!! hahaha

looks great though man :morepower1:

Did you get both nightshades yet or just one? Cant wait for the revamp of the build log with these new monsters :morepower1:

Did you get both nightshades yet or just one? Cant wait for the revamp of the build log with these new monsters :morepower1:

Yes i did! I will hopefully installing them into the box today and get a pic up!

Yes i did! I will hopefully installing them into the box today and get a pic up!

:attempt::popcorn:

as promised

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

and I even sanded down the top so it would mount nicely with a belt sander and a LONG level! like a 5ft level lol

it does look awesome but I do hope it works well and breaks 150dbs lol

nice sub ! :fing34:

thanks! Jacob does a hell of a job! and nice Display Picture (mr.sinister ;)

Well all done! and let me say it sure sounds damn loud even at 50% volume! take a look at the install pics! this install isn't 100% done yet I still need to add some expanding foam to seal off the trunk from the cabin.

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

the worst part of this box is how much it weighs lol! I had to use my jack to get it into the car and even then muscles were used a lot lol! o well at least it slid in no issues

let me know what you think!

but to every success there was a failure! let me know what I can do about this because I don't. also how would this even happen in the first place?

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

could the temperature have done this? or to much power? ( i have 2-2500 on it strapped)

the sub damaged sub above was the last sub in my car it is a 15inch NS v1 d2.

I think you took an exacto knife to the surround, why would you do that? :P

Didn't bump it or rub against anything while installing? Could have been a small tear but after playing it ripped more :ughdunno:

it does look like that but i know i would never do that... I wonder how this even started actually I think I know there USED to be some expanding foam on that part and i got it all off but i guess it took some extra black stuff with it and over time...

so ya back to this issue.. is this fixable?

it does look like that but i know i would never do that... I wonder how this even started actually I think I know there USED to be some expanding foam on that part and i got it all off but i guess it took some extra black stuff with it and over time...

so ya back to this issue.. is this fixable?

I think you pissed the wifey off? :P

Normally with a small tear it's not a big issue fixing, but with a tear that long between the cone and surround I'd say your gonna wanna order a recone.

But wait and see what others say :ughdunno:

Good luck man

ya I was leaning towards a recone but i wasn't 100% sure I was actually going to try a bike tire repair on it! lol

ya I was leaning towards a recone but i wasn't 100% sure I was actually going to try a bike tire repair on it! lol

You can try using goop, I've heard a lot of people having good success with it (although they were small rips and tears). Worst case it doesn't work and you have to get a recone.

I just sent and e-mail to Jacob to see what he recommends. if he thinks a repair is do able I will give his suggestion a try if not well sign me up for another recone lol. then again this is the second issue I have had with this sub last time i had to use some of that glue to glue the surround back down.

IMAG0107.jpg