Sign in to follow this  
MalibuOn22s

2009 Malibu *Update*

I know I have been wishy washy with EVERY idea I have came up with and I have asked you guys a million in a half different Q's but I have FINALLY come to a build decision after some recent news. I will be running/showing my car for a local company and helping them get their name out there.

. I have done a few things since then and have even more things going on before March(start of all the florida shows). Below is a list of my build parts thanks to my local dealer.

First of all, I AM walling my car off and each sub will have 5 cubes each after port and displacement. I didn't plan on walling it but after I got this offer I really couldn't say no!

4 15" Ascendant Audio Havocs

2 Sundown Audio 2000ds

1 ZED Build Boss Rev-665 for the highs

4 Deka Batts

The big 3

2 sets of Moralhifi components

I might edit things a little but this is it for the most part :) I am so siked I am getting the chance to represent a company and do what I love all at the same time! I will have vids and pics soon!

Awesome now get'r done!!

4 18" Audioque HDC3's

2 Sundown Audio 2000ds

1 ZED Build Boss Rev-665 for the highs

4 Deka Batts

The big 3

2 sets of Crescendo Components

I might edit things a little but this is it for the most part :) I am so siked I am getting the chance to represent a company and do what I love all at the same time! I will have vids and pics soon!

To good to be true......

the subs are dual 2 and won't work for me and they expect me to pay retail on 4 hifonics amps to get my deal on the Havocs and it just isn't economical for me

This will be my build. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by MalibuOn22s

first you "got" a BTL, now this, yet another false alarm? :suicide-santa:

good luck with your build, that list sounds pretty sweet

i literally had the BTL in my cart and cc info already entered when I found a good deal on my amp that i decided get instead lol

i literally had the BTL in my cart and cc info already entered when I found a good deal on my amp that i decided get instead lol

Now that sounds like a WIFE! you were entering credit card info to purchase one thing and were looking for deals on something else!! NICE!

Now that sounds like a WIFE! you were entering credit card info to purchase one thing and were looking for deals on something else!! NICE!

lmao I know right......Ohh well I believe it paid off :)

Think about this before you go any further. This list is >50% complete of the thinking process you should go through when planning a system. This is just a "starters" list but will greatly help you.

I can tell you from experience; plan your system out thoroughly before you buy anything. It really sounds like you are clueless on equipment choices. You will save yourself a lot of money and frustration if you have a solid game plan.

I. Your budget will more than likely be the constraining factor - plan to buy what you can afford (both financially and electrically)

A. break the cost down to individual components

1. Electrical - if you want 10,000 wrms but can not afford 2-3 alts. and 5-10 batteries then you can not support the power you "want". Can you afford an alternator? Is there an aftermarket alternator available for your car? Can you install it yourself? Can you afford aftermarket batteries? Do you have the money for the necessary wiring? Wiring gets very expensive! What you "want" and what you can afford and are capable of installing may not be the same.

2. Head unit - DVD? Navigation? Ipod compatible?

3. Signal processor - Do you need an external crossover or EQ?

4. Front stage - What fits in your car? Can you custom build speaker locations? DIY custom fabrication can get expensive as well.

5. Rear fill if needed - Do you need rear fill for your style?

6. Amplifiers - Based on your vehicles electrical output and/if you are upgrading the electrical, what can you support? Again back to the example 10,000 wrms = 1000 amps. A good rule of thumb is 1000 wrms = 100amps. It takes power to make power. If you want to buy thousand(s) of wattage amplifiers you need to calculate the power requirements to support it. If you can not support the power requirement then you should not buy it.

7. Subwoofer(s) - The last decision. Based on the power you can buy (READ----->power you can afford and support) you can decide what subwoofer(s) you want. If you can support 1000wrms amplifier then look for a <1000wrms subwoofer.

Now that you (hopefully) have drawn yourself a neat little diagram of you components, add up the total. Can you afford it??? Can your vehicles electrical afford it with or without upgrades??? Can you build it??? Can you afford to have somebody else build it???

Seriously take the time to plan this out!!!!

Think about this before you go any further. This list is >50% complete of the thinking process you should go through when planning a system. This is just a "starters" list but will greatly help you.

I can tell you from experience; plan your system out thoroughly before you buy anything. It really sounds like you are clueless on equipment choices. You will save yourself a lot of money and frustration if you have a solid game plan.

I. Your budget will more than likely be the constraining factor - plan to buy what you can afford (both financially and electrically)

1. Electrical - if you want 10,000 wrms but can not afford 2-3 alts. and 5-10 batteries then you can not support the power you "want". Can you afford an alternator? Is there an aftermarket alternator available for your car? Can you install it yourself? Can you afford aftermarket batteries? Do you have the money for the necessary wiring? Wiring gets very expensive! What you "want" and what you can afford and are capable of installing may not be the same.

4. Front stage - What fits in your car? Can you custom build speaker locations? DIY custom fabrication can get expensive as well.

6. Amplifiers - Based on your vehicles electrical output and/if you are upgrading the electrical, what can you support? Again back to the example 10,000 wrms = 1000 amps. A good rule of thumb is 1000 wrms = 100amps. It takes power to make power. If you want to buy thousand(s) of wattage amplifiers you need to calculate the power requirements to support it. If you can not support the power requirement then you should not buy it.

7. Subwoofer(s) - The last decision. Based on the power you can buy (READ----->power you can afford and support) you can decide what subwoofer(s) you want. If you can support 1000wrms amplifier then look for a <1000wrms subwoofer.

Thanks for the help bro. I will gladly answer.

1.I will and can afford to get 3-4 batteries. The alternator I have now should be fine with the big 3 included as well.

2.I am getting a Pioneer 4200d for my birthday January 7th.

3.I will need a EQ, right now I am leaning towards a Eclipse Eq1000

4.I will be getting 2 sets of crescendo components and making custom kick panels on my 2 front doors for them wrapped in suede.

And as far as the amps go. I currently own 1-Sundown 2000d and I plan on getting another within the next month.

And as far as the box goes because I am walling I can fit 20 cubes after displacement and ports.

Thats alot of weight.. :ehh:

He's gonna need stiffer springs for his suspension.

good luck bro !

go big ! even if it takes a while... :)

Thanks for the help bro. I will gladly answer.

1.I will and can afford to get 3-4 batteries. The alternator I have now should be fine with the big 3 included as well.

2.I am getting a Pioneer 4200d for my birthday January 7th.

3.I will need a EQ, right now I am leaning towards a Eclipse Eq1000

4.I will be getting 2 sets of crescendo components and making custom kick panels on my 2 front doors for them wrapped in suede.

And as far as the amps go. I currently own 1-Sundown 2000d and I plan on getting another within the next month.

And as far as the box goes because I am walling I can fit 20 cubes after displacement and ports.

Are you sure the alt you have now is enough for 2000-4000 watts? I know mine in my Cadillac wasn't.

Yea I have already looked into this :) But thing is, I have had over 750 pounds in the back with no rub or problems even with my 22s so idk.

and hopefully i won't need a DC alt but if I HAVE to than thats what I will do :)

Yea I have already looked into this :) But thing is, I have had over 750 pounds in the back with no rub or problems even with my 22s so idk.

and hopefully i won't need a DC alt but if I HAVE to than thats what I will do :)

You will need an HO alt if you plan on running 2000-4000- watts for sure.

we shall see.... I see a lot of people around here that don't

Your idea of "Daily" and my idea of "Daily" could very well be different, and there's even a bigger difference between daily and competing.

If I posted a video using a sundown 4500d powering some drivers and had a stock alt and an extra battery and didn't show my voltage, would you see that as a "go ahead" for you?

I don't see many people running 2 2000ds and a mids/highs amp on a stock alt. What size is the alt? Do you think your car will even stay on when you turn up that system? You know that alt has to supply power to your car too.

I won't be playing song after song on 100%.....Just occasionally on 100 but most of the time tone it way done and let my highs do all the screaming :)

I won't be playing song after song on 100%.....Just occasionally on 100 but most of the time tone it way done and let my highs do all the screaming :)

Mmkay, well you could always add the alt later if you need it. Have you officially decided what your doing as far as drivers and enclosure?

Mmkay, well you could always add the alt later if you need it. Have you officially decided what your doing as far as drivers and enclosure?

yea I have. I changed my mind a lot :(. Because my car is more for show I am going less subs more Wow. I decided on 2-21" Death Penalties with 1 Sundown 2000d on each sub. The box is going to be 17 cubes with 240sq inches of port

then I'm still going with 2 sets of crescendo components in a custom kick panel i will be making and wrapping in black suede. The whole wall will be covered in black suede as well.

Edited by MalibuOn22s

yea I have. I changed my mind a lot :(. Because my car is more for show I am going less subs more Wow. I decided on 2-21" Death Penalties with 1 Sundown 2000d on each sub. The box is going to be 17 cubes with 240sq inches of port

then I'm still going with 2 sets of crescendo components in a custom kick panel i will be making and wrapping in black suede. The whole wall will be covered in black suede as well.

Sounds good, but I have a feeling your gonna change drivers again haha. Mark my words :P

Sounds good, but I have a feeling your gonna change drivers again haha. Mark my words :P

:sleepwerd4: