splxtreme

W7 vs XCON

Twittered this topic. :)

Did I conjugate that verb correctly?

Bird is the werd?

In the end buy whatever makes you happy :sleepwerd4:

In the end buy whatever makes you happy :sleepwerd4:

Lets rephrase that..

In the end whichever you buy will make you happy.

Your wallet may be lighter with the w7

I actually prefer the w6v2 to the W7 but that is besides the point. I have worked with JL products and their company a lot and they are top notch ion every aspect. Great products, service etc. From what I've seen here on SSA, SSA does just as well but I've worked with less of their products. I did have the pleasure of helping build and install an Xcon and it was by every means a good subwoofer. Deep powerful low end that blended well with the rest of the audio system and had the ability to get damn loud for a single 12" sub.

Either way you go, I'd be willing to bet that you'll be a happy guy.trink40.gif

We need to fix that. ;)

I love free samples. especially when you go to the grocery store and they have some awesome pizza or maybe some kind of meat product. Just saying :)

I actually prefer the w6v2 to the W7 but that is besides the point. I have worked with JL products and their company a lot and they are top notch ion every aspect. Great products, service etc. From what I've seen here on SSA, SSA does just as well but I've worked with less of their products. I did have the pleasure of helping build and install an Xcon and it was by every means a good subwoofer. Deep powerful low end that blended well with the rest of the audio system and had the ability to get damn loud for a single 12" sub.

We need to fix that. ;)

I love free samples. especially when you go to the grocery store and they have some awesome pizza or maybe some kind of meat product. Just saying :)

My employee's New Year's resolution is to quit smoking, so she was excited when she went to Walmart today on lunch and they were giving out free samples of Nicorette patches and gum as they are ridiculously expensive products.

She was telling me about it as she was looking at the pamphlets when she noticed the small print "Samples do not contain any nicotine". She was pissed. It was funny.

I think it says a whole lot about the attitude an integrity of a company when a topic like this can show up opposing the companys products, and the owner can post in said topic unbiased without trying to push his product. From what ive seen, they are both amazing drivers, and companies, but IMO it speaks leaps and bounds that mark, is a honest enough guy to allow a topic like this on an SSA owned board to go on and fairly represent the opposition, and as a consumer I would like to say thank you to SSA.

I think it says a whole lot about the attitude an integrity of a company when a topic like this can show up opposing the companys products, and the owner can post in said topic unbiased without trying to push his product. From what ive seen, they are both amazing drivers, and companies, but IMO it speaks leaps and bounds that mark, is a honest enough guy to allow a topic like this on an SSA owned board to go on and fairly represent the opposition, and as a consumer I would like to say thank you to SSA.

Don't forget about Aaron :P

Wow! I really appreciate the comments and opinions. Sounds like either way I would go, would be a good choice. Anyone do a driver swap? The recommended enclosures are really close to eachother.

I have had both subs in my install and built several enclosures for each

the W7 and Xcon are two totally different subs.....

the Xcon will take way more power and hits a bit harder..

the W7 is smoother sounding and can peak at a much lower frequency than the Xcon

for abuse and hard hitting I give it to the Xcon but for SQ I would give it to the W7

..personally I use the Xcon because of the bonus power handling and impact

Looks like Thumper summed it up for you.

I have an XCON 15 but have not heard it yet. I have heard numerous setups and have owned JL subs. The JL's are phenomenal. I am expecting great sound and output from the XCON.

JL has to have something up their sleeve.....

2nd, 3rd, and 4th :D

Like what has been said, both are great drivers and you will be happy either way.

I have an XCON 15 but have not heard it yet. I have heard numerous setups and have owned JL subs. The JL's are phenomenal. I am expecting great sound and output from the XCON.

haha me too. (well, mines an 18" but yeah...) i still need a amp, h/o alt, batts, and wiring. lol. thats ALOOOOT on min wage.

ive seen both but havent heard either. from the looks though, XCON! ( :morepower1: also!)

We need to fix that. ;)

:rofl2: :rofl2:

We need to fix that. ;)

My employee's New Year's resolution is to quit smoking, so she was excited when she went to Walmart today on lunch and they were giving out free samples of Nicorette patches and gum as they are ridiculously expensive products.

She was telling me about it as she was looking at the pamphlets when she noticed the small print "Samples do not contain any nicotine". She was pissed. It was funny.

:roflmao:

Thanks. Never going to bash a good product from a good company. :)

Don't forget about Aaron :P

Huh? It's half mine. ;)

Wow! I really appreciate the comments and opinions. Sounds like either way I would go, would be a good choice. Anyone do a driver swap? The recommended enclosures are really close to eachother.

I have had both subs in my install and built several enclosures for each

the W7 and Xcon are two totally different subs.....

the Xcon will take way more power and hits a bit harder..

the W7 is smoother sounding and can peak at a much lower frequency than the Xcon

for abuse and hard hitting I give it to the Xcon but for SQ I would give it to the W7

..personally I use the Xcon because of the bonus power handling and impact

I heard rumors of a W8, but I think they saw how the market is moving and updated the W0's and W1's first.

:sleepwerd4:

:ughdunno:

I believe he was spamming to get to 25 posts, so he could post a WTB in the classifieds.

I believe he was spamming to get to 25 posts, so he could post a WTB in the classifieds.

I would have to agree.

Edited by swagger_wagon468

He could have posted a wanted ad with one post, just can't hock his goods without the proper number.