aladyce

pls help

please people, i am working on an assignment that require that i compare two amplifiers( Velleman K4004 amplifier vs Amplimo A120amplifier) the task is to determine between the two amplifiers the one with better SOUND OUTPUT.i hav the following equipments to work with, true RMS multimeter,oscilloscope,function generator,variable resistor,the two model of amplifiers mentioned above

i have chosen the following specs from a range of online research i have conducted as a means of determining which is better btw the two

1. gain

2. frequency

3. linearity

4. noise

5. bandwidth

6. output dynamic range

7. input and out impedance

8. damping factor

please my problem now is how to use the above instruments to measure and determine these specs listed above.it's really my first time of using these equipments as i just as am just fresh from high sch and in my first yr in the university.i will really appreciate if u can guide me thru on this.thank you vry much.

You need some mechanism of measuring distortion.

Well that scope is going to be your best friend for output, gain, and signal quality.....you are going to need some way to power them with the exact same source of power (that will be regulated at a specific voltage) Also how much power is the variable resistor good for and how low will it go??

Edited by 144dbFiBl15