blunt

The Blunt Build Log

Getting ready to install all of my stuff. Pretty much have all that I need to get this almost complete. Just waiting on an In-Line Fuse for between the battery and amp. Also waiting on my H/U, a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD, wiring harness, and dash kit.

All of this is going in here:

photo-2.jpg

Starting off with these bad boys 2 Fi Audio SSD12s (thanks FI) in an Argent Audio Enclosure (thanks Andrew):

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

Mounted:

photo-1-1.jpg

Powered by this (thanks SA):

photo3-1.jpg

Started off by mounting a piece of wood to serve as my amp rack in the trunk:

photo4.jpg

Then I mounted the amp:

photo5.jpg

Going to paint the amp rack black when it stops raining out here in LA.

This is as far as I got yesterday. More to come in the next week.

Are those monoprice RCAs? how did you mount your amp's board?

Yes they are.

Behind the seat where the rear 6x9's are, there is metal that runs the width of the car. There were holes in it on top already so I ran some nuts, bolts, and washers through those holes and the wood. The bolts secure it on the top. The bottom lays on the floor of the trunk. I'm going to affix some velcro on the wood and the bottom of the floor to add support.

Nice products in a nice car. I'm jealous how much shorter the new saz1500 is to the old one.

Nice products in a nice car. I'm jealous how much shorter the new saz1500 is to the old one.

I didn't even catch it was a 1500, i saw the size and automatically thought of a 1000! haha Very nice. Sick car BTW

I didn't even catch it was a 1500, i saw the size and automatically thought of a 1000! haha Very nice. Sick car BTW

Exactly, i had to take another look at the pic lol

yay a charger build :) ive got an 08' looks like a really good start bro. cant wait to see how everythin turns out

Its hardly smaller. Maybe 1.5" shorter

1.5" can be a lot :D

I was just carrying around my older model 1500 and it seemed pretty large, maybe the pic. and large trunk makes the amp look even smaller

specs of box?

the new 1500 looks more square whereas the old 1500 is rectangle...

good luck w the build! Awesome box, subs, and amp! :drink40:

I've got a pic up top of the box. Andrew at Argent Audio hooked it up. It's a ported box tuned @ 33 hz. 32" width 15" height 22" depth.

nice build so far man... real nice and clean so far..

Just got some stuff at work including h/u, dash kit, wiring harness, 15ft rca cables, in-line fuse, and holder. Pics when I get home.

1.5" can be a lot :D

I was just carrying around my older model 1500 and it seemed pretty large, maybe the pic. and large trunk makes the amp look even smaller

specs of box?

x2, especially when using more then one in my case.

Ok so guys, got a question bout wiring my h/u to the wiring harness that connects to the car. The H/u has a ground wire that has a terminal on it to screw it to a spot on the chassis. The wiring harness says to connect it's ground wire to the ground wire of the h/u. Do I remove the terminal and connect the two of them?

Ok so guys, got a question bout wiring my h/u to the wiring harness that connects to the car. The H/u has a ground wire that has a terminal on it to screw it to a spot on the chassis. The wiring harness says to connect it's ground wire to the ground wire of the h/u. Do I remove the terminal and connect the two of them?

I did on my AVH-P4200 in my truck and it works great.

I use a common ground for audio electronics->the battery or a ground lead going to the battery.

The factory ground location is known to be a poor ground choice BUT is commonly used.

here's my blunt build log.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8527/imag0044g.jpg

altho its not really a build log :foshizzle:

Hahaha

So I ran into some problems. I got the head/unit in:

photo1-1-1.jpg

but there is a problem, it doesn't slide all the way to the back:

photo2-1-1.jpg

There is plastic that blocks it from sliding back. Should I cut out the plastic???

Updates guys, got a lot done today. Uploading pictures as we speak.

Got some nice terminals.

IMG_0873.jpg

Another picture of the way the amp is mounted:

IMG_0875.jpg

I ran the wires:

IMG_0879.jpg

I installed an in-line fuse (175 amp) and mounted on the outside of my fusebox:

IMG_0881.jpg

So I have everything mocked up and ready to go. Just have to connect everything and toss my subs/enclosure in the trunk and I'm ready to go.

After all that I decided to install my head/unit.

I had to get rid of the supporting humps for the stock radio. It was a bitch to do so. But got it done.

IMG_0884.jpg

The finished product:

IMG_0886.jpg

Edited by blunt

Looks good! Is that a stinger fuse holder?

I cant wait to start my build