Sign in to follow this  
tahoexfixssd

1999 Silverado Quad 230 install

Here is pics of my Tejcurrent quad alt and bracket install in my 99 silverado. install took around 3-4 hours total. instructions were very detailed though, with very good pictures to help. thanks Troy!

100_2076-1.jpg

100_2077.jpg

100_2078.jpg

100_2081.jpg

pics of the alts and all hardware out of the box!

100_2082.jpg

100_2085.jpg

old mechman alt

100_2096.jpg

the ECM has to be moved forward to allow clearance. to do so take the battery tray out and the ecm will unbolt. bolt it back in forward so that the second hole is now in the first position

100_2098.jpg

100_2099.jpg

100_2100.jpg

make sure you grind off the powdercoating around the mounting bolts before you install or you wont get a good ground connection.

if you dont mind me asking how did you wire the alternators it seems like you have just one wire to each plug

whats it powering?????????????

Looks sic!!!! Got Power??

Thanks for posting all the pics, I've been meaning to snap a few of the ECM relocation and I keep forgetting. Do you have any pics of the equipment you're powering for those that missed your build log?

Troy

Looking good. Love the all black look :fing34:

Looks very nice! Looks to be very clean!

sorry for the delay guys. very busy this time of year with remote starts.

Yes the alts are powering a Stetsom 14k2d and 4 Treo SSX 15's

batteries are 5 CD technologies 102 AH.

i will post up a pic of the old build but its currently gutted. new box this year with removable port wall. 30/50hz tuning. last year with the 30hz tuning i was doing 155.6 usaci and 154 sealed @ 38-40 hz.... new tuning and ground runs on those alts should put me in low 160.

rebuild is currently..

New Box

6 sets of Boston sr60 componants in fiberglass door panels

Kenwood DNX 9980 Dbl din in console

Tview 11" screen in dash

AC controls in glove box

1 set of Boston SR50's in the rear wall.

150ah batteries

VCM

More Dynamat

wall.jpg

wall2.jpg

wall3.jpg

What did you put on the front of the wall? That's really shiny, if that's paint you put a lot of effort in that! Looks great, if you don't mind I'm going to take a few of these pics for the site. :peepwall:

i see them lil alum. buss bars b4 the inputs of the amp,? what bolts did u use to terminate?, cuz i was told it has to be specific cuz alum reacts negativly with certain metals and current running through the two conductors?

I posted some pics of your last build on the site:

Installs

awesome man. I used black gloss formica on the front. i use i talot in my installs. it will be on the bext box as well

i see them lil alum. buss bars b4 the inputs of the amp,? what bolts did u use to terminate?, cuz i was told it has to be specific cuz alum reacts negativly with certain metals and current running through the two conductors?

hmm im not sure. i think just plain old bolts. i know they arent stainless. but thanks for bringing that up that may haven something to do with my issue..... anyone got any suggestions?

and if you dont mind me asking troy, do you know what the guy on your site with the other quad set up in the silverado was hitting?

hmm im not sure. i think just plain old bolts. i know they arent stainless. but thanks for bringing that up that may haven something to do with my issue..... anyone got any suggestions?

I never heard of aluminum negatively electrically reacting with any specific type of metal fastener.

and if you dont mind me asking troy, do you know what the guy on your site with the other quad set up in the silverado was hitting?

157.x sealed, 160.x in the kick with 1 h/o alt. After installing the bracket he had a sub go out and reconed it but was having a few issues with the recone. I think with just a little work he's going to be doing 160 sealed. He gained quite a bit going from ~11v to 14.5+ volts from what he was saying.