Sign in to follow this  
rmzsuzuki89

Ground Noise or Something

I've been trying to trouble shoot my hissing noise for a while now and don't know where else to look. When the sub amp is hooked up, the subs have a slight crackle, and the tweeters hiss. But when I unhook the remote to the sub amp the highs are fine. I've moved all of the grounds in the back around to a few different places. I've also tried grounding the head unit, and checked the rcas and tried a different set of rcas.Also added a relay. Grounding the hu kinda lessened the hissing in the highs, but not too much. I don't really know where else to check. I was thinking about just getting a new hu to see if mine is taking a shit...Any advice?

Look at that for starters if you havent, I would also look at another sub amp as well as an hu if you can. I doubt it but your amp can be at faultl, did you check your rcas as well.

Look at that for starters if you havent, I would also look at another sub amp as well as an hu if you can. I doubt it but your amp can be at faultl, did you check your rcas as well.

I'll try some of those that I haven't tried already tomorrow. I'm thinking maybe the sub outs on the hu are going.

I don't think the amp could be at fault since A: it's brand new, and B: it did it before with another brand new amp, and C: it did it with my four SAZ-3Kd's. Only time it didn't do it is when I had two JL 1000/1v2's, four JL 1000/1v2's, two Saz-3Kd's, and one SAZ-3Kd.

What HU do you have?

Alpine iDA-X100 thats a couple years old.

in looking at the grounding your definatly looking in the right place !

have you done the big 3 ? / checked the grounding on the chassis ,engine , and alt ? while your at it check if al connections are still wrapped tight and secure around the powercables also on the power side .

in looking at the grounding your definatly looking in the right place !

have you done the big 3 ? / checked the grounding on the chassis ,engine , and alt ? while your at it check if al connections are still wrapped tight and secure around the powercables also on the power side .

Gonna start looking up front tomorrow. I still gotta do the engine/chassis ground in 1/0. I ran out and forgot about it until now when you said something lol. I know it has to be a grounding somewhere, just gotta find it.