Sign in to follow this  
60ndown

back to i.b.

so i installed my rl-p i.b. again over the weekend, but this time i sealed the rear of the car completely, expanding foam, mdf, rammat etc.(fold down seats) well the sound is amazing and doesnt deteriorate as volume goes up (like it used to before i sealed her up proper) ..my question is this, i experienced a little boominess with my rl-p in a bigger sealed box (1.8 maybe 1.9 before disp)but there is absolutely no boom with the i.b.arrangement? i wonder if the trunk was the reason for the resonance / boom rather than the sub itself? because a sub in a box in a trunk is actually a sub in a box..in another box? i.b. has to be the only way to go if a car has a trunk?.....thoughts?? :ugh2:

so i installed my rl-p i.b. again over the weekend, but this time i sealed the rear of the car completely, expanding foam, mdf, rammat etc.(fold down seats) well the sound is amazing and doesnt deteriorate as volume goes up (like it used to before i sealed her up proper) ..my question is this, i experienced a little boominess with my rl-p in a bigger sealed box (1.8 maybe 1.9 before disp)but there is absolutely no boom with the i.b.arrangement? i wonder if the trunk was the reason for the resonance / boom rather than the sub itself? because a sub in a box in a trunk is actually a sub in a box..in another box? i.b. has to be the only way to go if a car has a trunk?.....thoughts?? :ugh2:

Yeah, a sealed box in a trunk is like 4th order bandpass (boomy) and a ported box in a trunk is like a really weird 6th order bandpass. and IB is like a sealed box in a house.

good work any pics

Yeah, a sealed box in a trunk is like 4th order bandpass (boomy) and a ported box in a trunk is like a really weird 6th order bandpass. and IB is like a sealed box in a house.

good work any pics

i can take a pic or 2 , but i warn you...it aint pretty!

it is fun to look at even if it isn't pretty!

pics or ban.

good work any pics

a 4th-order BP is 2nd in transient response only to a sealed enclosure, and a 6th-order BP will be peaky.

Just throw some carpet over it.

People wont know the difference.